1

I wake up just like any other morning. I can't sleep, I can't eat. Every night I have the same dream, always stopping at the same spot. I try so hard to forget about that night, that entire part of my life. No matter what it always comes back to haunt me.
"Are you hungry?" asks Aunt Sadie. She took me in after both of my parents passed. She is or I guess was my mom's sister. Just like I was her daughter.
"Uhhh, no thanks." I'm hungry, I can feel it. If I eat I know I won't keep It down. The constant panic attacks, vomiting, nightmares, and headaches. All from one night. After 5 months, it's worse than it was in the beginning.
"Have a good day." She says as I walk out the door into the fresh breezy air. Today is my first day at my new school. Richmond High is nothing fancy. Just a run-down public school.
I approach the bus stop, no one is here. I sit on the bench, waiting. My mind gets caught on one memory, my mom. I try to brush it away. MOM! Your brother is sleeping. Tears roll down my cheeks, a lot of tears.
The bus is finally here. I stand up, wipe my face with my sleeve, and keep my head down to make sure no one sees that I've been crying. The bus is just about empty, leaving lots of room for me. I choose a seat in the middle.