21

"Why do you look like you were crying? What's going on? Was it Jed cause I can beat his ass for you." I know she could even if he did do something but it makes me feel good that she has my back.
"I just fell out of a tree, it hurt really bad. Jed helped me." It's not the best excuse ever.
"Why were you in a tree?"
"A cat," Ella starts laughing.
"You climbed a tree to get a cat, and you fell, I gotta say I've never heard that one."
"Really it seems like a popular incident."
"Maybe. Want to sleep over?" This will help me take my mind off of things.
"Of course, just let me get some things from my house and I'll be over." She nods and walks to her house and I walk to mine.
I'm probably not going to sleep tonight, another thing to keep me awake at night. I appreciate Jed helping me, and he said we can talk in school.
I grab my pajamas and a book. I'll come back tomorrow morning for my stuff.
"Aunt Sadie, I'm going to Ella's tonight."
"Ok sweetie, I'll see you tomorrow."
I nod and walk to Ella's.
...
I can't sleep just as I expected, every time I close my eyes I see either my mom on the ground or the man blood everywhere. So I keep my eyes open.
I feel like I'm being dramatic, anyone else would be just fine. Well maybe not fine but I feel like they would be able to sleep.
I lay staring at the ceiling, all night. Stuck in my own thoughts until I hear a ding on my phone. Not the burner.
Unknown: I'm back.
Me: why are you texting me? You're not my mom. She's dead. Leave me alone.
Unknown: I will admit, I thought you were stupid enough to fall for it. I guess I will have to hunt you down after all. It won't be too hard.
Me: Why do you want me?
Unknown: you don't realize how much power you have yet. If you don't cooperate when I find you. I will hurt you. I won't kill you cause I need you.
Me: what do you need? Also don't threaten me.
My hands begin to tremble and a tear drips on my phone. I'm scared, I won't say I'm not, cause I am.
Unknown: That I can't tell you till the time is right. I can threaten you all I want.
I delete the messages and report the number.
...
I get up before Ella due to boredom, I was up all night. I walk over to my house and get ready. I text Ella that I'm at my house getting ready.
I walk back to Ella's and find she's still sleeping. "Wake up, it's to to get ready."
"Five more minutes please."
"Fine," I'm only going to giver her 2 and tell her it's five. I hear a noise downstairs but no one's up.
I go downstairs and see 5 men in suits standing with guns giving hand signals to search the house. Why are they in Ella's house. There defiantly looking for me. They must have saw me come in here. Should I step out, I don't want them finding Ella.
"Can I help you?" I hate the way my voice is shaking.
"Ahh, just what I'm looking for," says a man who looks to be 40 years old or so.
"Are you the one that's been messaging me." I say while stepping closer.
"Oh that, that was him," he points to another man in the room. He looks a lot like my dad, well adopted dad. "It was very easy to find you, if you cooperate no one gets hurt, and if you don't, well we will see when it comes to that."
"Why are you here for me? I'm not special." I think he's here because of my powers but I'm not sure.
"Oh, but you are special. Your aunt is very beautiful by the way."
"What did you do to her? I swear if you did something to her I will-,"
"You will do what? You can't even use your powers yet." I hear a voice behind me.
"Who are you talki-," It's Ella, she pauses in her steps after seeing them.
"Who is this? Is she like you."
"No she has nothing to do with any of this, leave her out of it."
"What is going on? I'm scared Dahlia."
"Ella just go back to your room, please." Ella doesn't move when a man points a gun at her.
"Don't move, she cant tell people about this." Right now would be a good idea for my mind control to work.
"Put the gun down." I say. The man obeys.
"What the hell. How did you do that?" The same man from earlier.
"I can do worse," the man laughs.
"You can't do very much, we have shields on us. How did you get through it?"
All of a sudden I hear running, a clatter, and a gun shot. It's Ella.