28

I'm not sure where we are. The world has gone to complete shit since I've been down there. Just about everything is closed. Broken down cars are all over the roads. The world is fucking ending.
I spot a gas station that seems to be open. "Come on," I grab my brothers hand and walk to the gas station. There doesn't seem to be anyone in here.
"Grab all the food and water you can," my brother nods and I walk around.
Thank god. There's backpacks. I grab my brother a smaller one and me a bigger one. "Fill this up with food and water."
"Anything I want."
"Anything you want."
...
I've never been on the streets, I have gotten a lot stronger from my weeks in that death lab. And before that with Jed. I couldn't reach Jed's mind, all I could do was give him a dream. But he woke up and it stopped working. Or I think he woke up.
My brother shrieks, "What!" I yell as a whip my head towards him. He tripped, his ankle looks hurt.
"My ankle hurts," I see a tear drip down his face.
"It's ok, you're strong." He looks up at me.
"You think so."
"I know so." He smiles and stands up. He limps a bit but we continue on. A bit slower.
I see a sign in the distance. Welcome to Fairfield, CA. I have no clue how long the walk is or what direction to go in. I need a phone or map. There should be a lot of stores in Fairfield.
As we get closer to the sign I see a store directly underneath the sign. It's closed but I'm going to get in. I walk to the window and smash it. My brother flinches when glass flys everywhere and I step inside. "I'm just going to find a map. You can take whatever fits in your bag." He runs off into the store. "Meet back here." I yell.
I'm searching for maps when I hear what sounds like glass crushing under a shoe. I turn and I feel my power radiating inside of me. A dagger flies at my chest, I put up a shield and it stops five feet before me. "Who's there? I've gotten better at wielding, I'm not scared anymore."
I hear clapping, "Really honestly, I didn't expect you to be that fast." A women steps out. She looks a lot like me. Brown hair, same nose and mouth. She's an older version of me with Blue eyes. My mom.