42

We've been walking for days. No water, no food, nothing. Noah and Jed argue a lot mostly about who's funnier, which I can't choose.
"Can't you guys settle this somehow, I'm sick of listening to you argue. Be considerate." Noah laughs while Jed glares at him.
"Yes there is a way to settle it, tell us who is funnier." Noah says while chuckling. Oh god I can't choose. I honestly have no idea.
"I'm not answering that." I say while scowling.
"Then deal with it." Noah says still laughing. I have no clue what's so funny but right now all I know is I have to go to the bathroom real bad. Perfect timing because I see an open convenience store.
"I'm going to the bathroom in this store," Jed and Noah nod while I walk into the alley where the door is located.
The alley is dark and creepy, there's a dumpster on the side of the wall that I swear I saw a shadow by. I hear footsteps and swing around while pulling a dagger out of my side pocket. I see the person and point the dagger at there throat until I realize that there way faster and put a gun to my head while twisting the dagger out of my hand and pulling me into a chokehold without a lot of pressure. I hear it clatter in the ground.
"Not fucking again." I say under my breath.
"Don't point a fucking dagger at people, it could get you hurt." It's a man, his voice is deep and it's the type of voice a women would get in her knees for. He sounds young but not too young. I can't see because it's so dark when he releases me and spins me around.
"I'm sorry, but I do have to go." The man grabs my arm and I see his face in the window light. He's very handsome, probably the most handsome man I've ever seen. I step as far away as I can until I hit a wall.
His eyes widen, "Your Dahlia." How does he know who I am?
"What are you talking about?" I try to act confused.
"I know it's you, don't act dumb."
"Do I know you?"
"I'm not sure, but I know who you are." This is really weird. He begins to step towards me with his gun still aimed at me. "You're in danger, you shouldn't be out here alone." I use my mind to life a dagger off the ground and I slowly lift it too his throat. I don't think he notices.
"I most definitely do notice." How did he- ,"I can read minds," he throws the dagger onto the ground.
"Can I just go? Please." I can't see his face clearly but I think he's contemplating letting me go.
"Go on," I hurry into the gas station and go to the bathroom. When I get out the man is gone.
"What took you so long? Were you shi-," I cut Noah off.
"Don't finish that sentence," I pause for a minute thinking if I should tell them. "This man was following me, he said he knew who I was and he can read minds and apparently move stuff with his mind because he threw my dagger somewhere. I didn't bother to loo-,"
"Wait, someone fucking cornered you in an alley," I nod and Jed looks furious. We are still fighting silently. No ones said anything but I know he's still upset. I'm over it but I think he's upset, about something at least.
"Let's stay in this inn right here." Noah interrupts us.
"Looks luxurious," I say while looking at the most run down building I've ever seen. Vines growing all over the walls, dirt covering everything, windows shattered, half the building is gone. Noah laughs and we go inside.
It's even worse in the inside, it looks like more of a prison than an inn. "Two rooms, please." Jed says.
"Why two? Can't we just get a room with two beds?" Noah asks. He's right it would save our money.
"I'm not sharing a room with your dumbass you can have your own room." Jed snaps back.
"Unless buttercup wants to sleep with me." Noah winks at me. Jed glares at him but says nothing until we get around the corner.
"Can you stop flirting with my girlfriend," Noah smirks.
"So you guys are a thing then." It's not a question. "A shame really." I nudge Noah with my shoulder and he chuckles.
"Get to your damn room Barlowie." Must be Noah's last name. I can't believe I didn't know that. Noah is still chuckling when he goes into his room.
Jed and I go into our room. We sit there in silence for a bit when Jed speaks, "what did the man look like?"
"Tall, black hair I think. I don't know it was dark."
"Tall doesn't help much." He says it like I'm the problem.
"I'm sorry, I'm tired." I feel Jed grip my waist.
"No, I'm sorry," he puts a stray piece of hair behind my ear. "It's not your fault, I'm just scared. I can't lose you."
"I won't die anytime soon. I promise." I stand on my tip toes and kiss him.
"Let's get to bed." Jed says after a few minutes.