41

"Your mission is to relocate, the coordinates are sent to your burners. It is temporary until this whole thing passes." Jed, Noah, and I got woken up super early for this. I understand why but I wanted to sleep. I haven't slept without a nightmare in a very long time and last night was looking promising. Now it's three in the morning and I have a pounding headache. "Jed and Noah are going to protect you. They both volunteered. Is it ok with you?" Kyler says in a low whisper.
"What no, I'm staying here and fighting. I'm not letting them destroy you guys because of me."
"Listen to me, this is not your fault. Your who there after."
"I can do i-."
"I don't care. Your going end of discussion.
Jed and Noah are loaded with weapons. They are dressed in tight black shirts and loose black pants with hug guns strapped on there backs and daggers put anywhere they can. As well as handguns in holsters at there sides. All of it is hidden when a jacket is thrown over them. If you look hard enough you can see the buldges were stuff it but not bad.
"Fine whatever. I wish there were girls that could come." I roll my eyes and sigh.
"Yes, well I wish I didn't have to send you away. But we don't always get what we want."
"I want Noah and Jed to come anyway." no matter if I'm still mad at Jed or not.
"Ill miss you, please stay fucking alive." Kyler says.
While laughing I say, "ill miss you to," my laughter subsides when I think about the DE invading our base while every ones still here. "I think you should evacuate."
"Theres no where to go, it was going to happen some day." I'm sad for them, there home. All they have ever known is going to fall.
I nod and hug him. I say bye to some others.
As we leave I can't help but cry. I don't know how long I'll be gone, or if ill be alive to see my friends another day. "Can we go to Ellas first, I want to say bye." Jed and Noah exchange a look and both nod. I'm still pissed there making me go. But right now is not the time to leave them on bad terms.
...
As soon as I get to Ellas I hear her run out of the door. "Hey, why do you have bodyguards." Ella says slowly.
"I'm leaving, I don't know how long I'll be gone. I wanted to say bye.... Before I go." She immediately hugs me.
While we're hugging she whispers in my ear. "Why?" I can tell she's crying. It hurts me that I can't tell her. I can't risk her life by telling her where I'm going or why.
"Business, listen I promise I will see you again." I don't normally make promises I'm not sure I can keep but she needs this.
"You promise?" I hesitantly nod. "I love you, Lia."
"I love you too. I wish I never had to go. But I do." I pull back and feel myself tearing up.
"Please be safe. I need you. I know it's selfish but I need to die first."
"I can't promise that but I will stay alive long enough for us to meet again." I laugh while saying the first words but it stops toward the end.
"Bye, D. It's not a goodbye because if it were good you wouldn't be leaving and everything would be okay."
"Bye, Ella."