8

I ignore the message from last night and continue with my day. I managed to stay away from the alcohol at the party. I've never drunk alcohol or smoked anything of any sort. I also don't want to end up with a drugged drink.
I see Ethan down the hallway, "Hey. That party was really great last night."
"Hey." He takes a pause, like he was going to say something but chose to say something else. "I'll walk you to class," he smiled at me. Oh god, his smile.
"Thanks, umm. I heard about a football game tonight. Do you play football?"
"Yeah, I play football. I'm a Center."
"You seem like a football player." I act like I know what a center is. But I'm guessing they go to the center.
"What is that supposed to mean?" He lets out a small laugh. I glance at him with the you know what I mean look. "I've been playing since I was 10, I'm not the best on the team, that's for sure. It's my best friend, Jed. The one from the party. He has a scholarship to play at Yale. After college, he's gonna go pro." Now that's impressive. Yale is a crazy good school.
That's the school I wanted to go to before the incident. I used to have good grades and I was good at sports, but I fell behind in everything. I'm still going to try and get my grades back up. I'm smart enough. Maybe.
"That's impressive. I want to go to Yale." I've only told two people that. Which happened to be my parents. So I guess no one knows anymore.
"I hope you get there, although things are not looking good for me. I've never been super smart and I'm not a star Athlete or anything." I'm sure he's smarter than he gives himself credit for.
As we get closer to my class I see Jed staring at me with the worst look on his face ever. Almost like disgust. I feel a pit in my stomach begins to form. I turn so I'm facing away from Jed and towards Ethan. "Have a good day." Ethan says before he leans in and kisses me. When we are done I'm stunned.
"You t-too." I stammer out