6

Ella sends me her address and it turns out she's the right across the street. I knock and a very beautiful women comes to the door.
"Ella! Your friends here." She doesn't look a day over 30. I wonder if it's Ella's sister or mom. "You are such a pretty girl." I realize the women talking to me.
"Thank you, I can say the same for you." I blurt out.
"Tell her to come up, Mom." So she's her mom. I see were Ella gets her looks from.
I walk into the door and see a beautiful chandelier hanging over the island in the kitchen. I begged Aunt Sadie to get a chandelier for months but she wouldn't budge. I walk up the stairs to see Ella standing inside her room trying dresses on.
Her room is not small but not big, light blue walls with a white accent wall. It's decorated with many things like vinyls, vines, and something that sticks out. A painting of a field of various colorful flowers. My mom loved painting, we used to have something very similar to this in our house.
"I'm going to do your makeup and get you in the perfect dress." There got to be at least 50 dresses scattered all over the room. "That pile is ones I think would look great on you, let's start this fashion show." A flash of excitement comes over me until it's ruined by a feeling of anxiety.
"I've never been to a party before, I don't really were dresses." I'm embarrassed that I've never been invited to anything not even a birthday party. Even though I had a lot of friends, I wasn't close with any of them. I've never had a best friend or a sleepover in my 17 years in life.
"Don't worry I'll help you." Taking me out of my thought she hands me my first dress. It's green with sequins and I can already tell this one's not the one.
I try on the dresses one by one until we narrow it down to three dresses. A pink one with a corset built in. A very short glittery black one and a wine red one with no straps. I decide to take picture and ask Ethan which one he likes best. We texted quite a bit last night about a lot of stuff. Nothing important, Just banter. I learned some stuff about him and I told him stuff about me. He seems like a really sweet guy.
Me: Which one? Ella says the black one, but idk.
Ethan: I like the red one. It's a beautiful dress.
Me: I just might take your advise.
Ethan: Your best option
I put away my phone and decide on the red. Ella agrees and starts doing my makeup. My mom never let me wear makeup because she wanted me to "embrace" my natural beauty. My mom was a great mom but part of me thinks she was jealous of me.
"You're very pretty and you have a hot body." My jaw drops without me realizing and I quickly close it and thank her.
"Thanks." I spew out. Ella begins laughing. Full blown laughing.
"Why are you so suprised?"
"I've never been complimented like that before." No one ever complimented me. I was just an extra person for someone to add to there long list of friends. Now that I think about it, none of them were really my friends.
"Well get used to it."
...
Ella and I get along so well and we like most of the same things. I think this new school is gonna be fun.
She gestures towards her car, and I run to the car and get in the passenger seat. Although it is hard to run in these heels. She let me borrow a pair of black Valentino heels. I told her that she didn't have to let me borrow them but I wasn't going to turn them down.
We arrive at the party and there's already a lot of people and cars lining the entire street. When I got inside I noticed just how big this place is. I wonder whose house this is?
"Dahlia." I hear my name and turn around so fast I stumble. After catching myself I face Ethan. I can't tell but I'm pretty sure my face is bright red.
"Ethan." I choke out "Hi, whose party is this?" I never realized how awkward I am when it comes to talking to people. Maybe it's just Ethan. Regardless This house is honestly amazing and whoever owns it must be loaded.
"It's actually mine." A half smile emerges in his face. "You look amazing, not like you don't always look amazing..." He stares at something behind me. "Sorry I will be right back." I turn around and crash right into...Ughhh of course it's him. Jed from the lunch room.
"I told you to watch where your going, maybe you should stay out of public places, your a hazard." My heart beats 5 times before he leaves and I'm left wondering if what he said is true.
...
I'm sitting on the couch when a random guy sits next to me and puts his arm around my shoulders. "Can I help you?" My palms are sweating, my visions blurry-
"Are you new?" He slurs most likely drunk or high. When I don't answer, "Hello are you gonna answer me?" He must be sick of me not answering cause he leans in and try to kiss me. KISS ME.
"GET OFF OF ME." Everyone dropped silent and the guy jumps off of me.
"Bitch."
Ella comes rushing over. I'm having a panic attack. I can't see with all the tears running down my face. My head hurts, I'm having a panic attack. I'm going to vomit. I can't tell anyone about this.
Once it's over I go back downstairs and act like nothing happened.