4

MOM! your brother is sleeping. Slap. what was that? No! No!
I wake up with dried tears on my face. I'm sweating a lot. I check the time and it's 4:57 am. School doesn't start until 9, I'm scared of sleeping. I get up and get in the shower.
When I'm done, I sit on the floor of the shower for a long time before getting up and getting dressed.
School again. Today, there's a girl at the bus stop. She had long blonde hair, blue eyes, and pretty thick eyelashes. She is one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen.
"Oh my gosh, finally someone else at this bus stop, there's never anyone waiting here. Did you just move here?" She says very quickly.
"Yeah, well no but I just started going to Richmond, so..."
"That's where I go to." She says excitedly. "Want to sit together" looks like this she's going to be my bus buddy.
"How do I know you not trying to kill me?" I say trying to hide that I'm super excited. She laughs and We get on the bus and choose a seat.
"My name's Ella, what's yours? WAIT! Let me guess." She pauses for a bit until she says, "Katie, wait no! STELLA! It's definitely Stella." I realize this is my cue to tell her my name.
"So close. It's Dahlia. I wish I had a name like that." I do, I can never find keychains with my name and everyone spells it wrong.
"What I love that name, although Stella would be cool, cause our names would rhyme." She starts laughing and I join in. "My birthday is next week, on October 7th."
My drops open," No way, that's my birthday too." Her mouth also drops open.
"I think this is a sign, we are meant to be friends." I hope so.
We arrived at school and she explained to me how she had a doctor's appointment yesterday and that's why she wasn't in school. We walk in and she introduces me to her friends and they are all so nice. Does this mean I have friends and a lunch table? I think I'm going to fit in just fine.