22

"ELLA! Why would you do this!" I say through my tears.
"I-I'm scared, I d-don't want to d-die." Ella is sobbing and choking on blood.
"No, no you are not going to die." I grab my burner phone and call Jed. The men left as soon as they saw me make a call. There going to be back eventually, I have to get ready for it.
"Jed, Jed I- I need you to come to Ella's house now. She's hurt and I need help. I can't call the police. I'll explain when you get here just please hurry."
"Ok, ok I will be right there." The call ends and I have to do something in the meantime time.
"This is going to hurt but I have to do something." I put a lot of pressure on the wound. she screams and passes out. "No, please stay awake. It's ok, I got you." I remember I have healing abilities, does it work in someone else. I start focusing on the wound. "Please, please work." I whisper to myself.
I hear a clink and the bullet lands on the ground. I look at the wound and it's healing. I hear the door fly open and see Jed. He immediately searches me for any wounds.
"I'm okay, I healed her. I healed someone Jed. She's passed out though. Thank you for coming so fast, I didn't think I would be able to heal her and I didn't know who else to c-,"
"You can call me whenever you need too," he hugs me and get down to asses Ella's wound. "You did a really good job on this. She's still going to need to be checked to make sure nothing else is wrong, but she will be ok." He picks her up and I follow him to the vehicle. "You're lucky her parents weren't home."
"I know, this is all my fault." He sets her in the back and wipes my tears away with his hands. He opens the door on the passenger side for me to get in. While we are driving he says.
"What happened, I need to know everything," I tell everything to him going through extreme detail.
"Do you know who they are?" He shakes his head.
"I would have to see them. I'm so sorry about all this stuff you're going through. It will be easier when schools over. We can stay with the resistance full time." I can't wait for that. More safety.
We arrive at the headquarters. Jed picks up Ella and she wakes up. "Dahlia, dahlia where are you?"
"I'm right here Ella, we are getting you help."
"Jed, Jed put me down now." Jed tightens his grip as she tries to squirm out of his grip. I can tell she's not completely in it.
"Ella please stop doing that, you need to get better." I say. She stops wiggling and we reach the medical bay. Jed sets her down on a bed.
Kyler appears in the hallway, "What happened? Why is she here? She's not in the resistance." I run to him and put my head in his chest after wrapping my arms around his neck. He accepts the hug and wraps his arms around my waist.
"Please help her." I whisper in his chest while crying. Kyler is one of my best friends. I haven't known him too long but he is very nice despite him sneaking up on me in my own house rather than being a bit less creepy about me joking the resistance.
Kyler says nothing but tightens his grip on me and I feel him nod. Probably to a doctor.
He loosens his grip and pulls me out of the room, "Who is she?"
"Her names Ella, she's an amazing person and she won't tell anyone about this, I promise. I know it's a risk but I trust her."
"I hope you're right. I have to take care of a few things, I will check on you later. If you're still here." I nod and Kyler walk away.
I see Jed come out of the room. "Do you and Kyler have something going on?"
"Oh my god, of course not. He's my friend, a very good one."
"Oh, makes sense."
"I think we're friends now Jed, if you want to of course. You don't have-," he cuts me off.
"I would love to be your friend, Lia." Lia. Lia is a very pretty nickname. Probably from the last part of my name. "Lia's has to do a bunch of tests so she's going to be busy for awhile. Want to train."
"Yeah, sounds fun." I need to train as much as I can. I'll tell aunt Sadie I'm staying at a friends for a few days. "I'm going to stay here for a few days and train as much as possible, I need to be ready for those men to be back."
"I'll stay too, my parents won't mind." Jed and I walk to the training room. I hope I'm ready when the men come back.