25

I open my eyes there's a bright light above my head, my head hurts. My whole body aches. I stifle back a scream when a flash of pain consumes me.
I force myself to sit up, then my entire stomach empties out. What is happening to me?
I spot a camera and scream at it. "What did you do to me? Why do I feel this way?" The door creaks open.
"We took tests, you don't need to know what kind but we have some excitements for you too do." Micheal says. If my aunt and brother weren't in here I would or atleast try to destroy this entire place right now.
"We are going to put you in different elements scenarios to see how your body reacts." I'm a test subject, that's all I am. "Get up, we are going to do your first experiment." I'm scared but I try not to show it. I follow him in hopes he will release my aunt and brother.
"First is boiling water."
"What, I can't do that."
"Ahh, but you can." I can't disobey.
I step towards the tank, it's a clear, glass tank that is full with steaming boiling water.
"Here's your wetsuit, I will be back in two minutes so hurry up," he leaves the room and I quickly change.
I scan my surroundings, I'm in a dark room with no windows and one door. A tear rolls down my face. My life changed so much in the past months. Starting with my mother's death.
I'm interrupted by Micheal coming back in the room. "Ok go ahead and get in." I step towards the tank and climb the ladder in the side, one foot goes in. My skin burns, it hurts. I wince but I have to continue.
I'm being burned alive. The tank is taller than me. I put my other foot in and drop my whole body in. I keep my head above water. I feel my skin tightening everywhere. The burn is unbearable.
"Head too, you going to stay under for 1 minutes and then immediately get out and switch to the cold water tank. Then after 5 minutes in there you going to come back in this tank, got it." I nod and go under.
I close my eyes and think about other things. For a minute I have no worries, no thoughts, no pain. I shut it all out. I shut my mind off.
My eyes fly open when I hear the glass being tapped. It's been one minute. I get out and walk over to the other water tank. The outside is covered in condensation. I dip my foot in. "Quickly, fully in now. Head under for one minute but stay in for five minutes." I get in the water and it feels like thousands of needles are going through my skin. Tap. Tap. Tap. I take my head out, five more.
At the end of the five minutes I get out. This is going to hurt.
I step into the tank. Micheal's eyes widen. "What?"
"Oh, by no means let me distract you. Keep going." I fully submerge myself. Tap. Tap. Tap. He hands me a towel and tells me to change. When I'm done He tells me to follow him.
"You truly are extraordinary, that water should have killed you." My eyes widen in fear and shock.
"I though you needed me alive for whatever sick project your doing," a sickening smile paints his face.
"I do need you, I knew you wouldn't die. I wanted to see how your body reacted to pain." Well it sure did hurt.
"The suit has heart rate monitors, blood oxygen monitors, ect. It barely did anything to you. Although I do know it hurt." It hurt so bad, my skin is still red and raw.
I say nothing until a minute later, "Am I ever going home?"
"I'm not sure, it depends. The government wants you, if they come to me for you I won't hesitate giving you too them, they wont find out for awhile and by then I'll have what I need. And if you go there you definitely aren't going home. They want a war machine. You should be able to control your pain, it came up in your tests as an ability you have. I thought you knew how to do it but I guess not."
"What is it that you need?"
He hesitates for a minute before saying, "I want to make replicas of your abilities and give them to other people," why does he need so much power?
We keep walking, "Well it's time for you to go to bed, I will come and get you when I'm ready tomorrow." I don't nod or say anything. I turn around and go into my room. I immediately begin to break down.