29

"I know you smart enough, to figure out who I am." She approaches me. "You are even better than I am, well with proper training."
"Why are you here? You left me along time ago." She flinches
"I didn't want to, you were in danger and I handed you off to a friend in the resistance." Anger. My power is begging to come come out. I should be happy, it all I feel is anger and pity. Not for myself but her.
"Yeah well your friend, was an abusive asshole."
"It's a shame her husband died, better being abused then dead. She was a good person until he died, I know you know that." She's right, my mom didn't hit till after he died, she had always been rigid but that put her over the edge. She went from verbal to physical.
"I'm not going to ask again, why are you here?" I hear footsteps from behind me.
"Who is that, sis?"
"Keep looking around Paul." He obeys and walks away.
"I'm here to take you home, well to your home. It's too late for me too step in now. And I know you want to know how I found you, I used my abilities. I can track things." Of course.
"Why are you helping me?"
"You're still my child regardless of how I handled you."
"Paul, let's go." I follow her outside to see a car waiting.
"How luxurious." Sarcasm is some of the little but of normal I have left.