47

My eyes fly open. Just a dream, I don't have nightmares about my mom anymore. To many other things to dream about. The time is 1:00 pm. Must be Ace didn't try to wake me up.
I grab my burner phone and see the mission details. How I'm getting in and out, stuff like that.
Me: Fine, I'll do it.
Almost immediately I see the typing dots pop up.
Ace: good choice. We leave next Tuesday. Make sure to follow my instructions.
This is not going to be fun. At all.
Me: I would ask for the guaranteed safety of my friends but since you can't do that. I want books.
Ace: books... I can do that.
Me: yipee!
I get changed into training clothes and head won to the gym. I work on some stuff alone until I see someone in the corner of my eye.
"Oh, hey. I didn't know you were in here." An unfamiliar voice says. He's a guard. "Although now that I think about it, Malik wants to see you. Come with me." I stand up and walk with him. I've only been here for two weeks, but I've learned to cooperate. It's not easy but I do it. I think it's hope that keeps me going.
We go to the throne room where both Ace and Malik are. Must be there informed about these things to there in there spots. "Hello, Dahlia. I have a game for you. A little bit of fun," he pauses then grins. "Or not. It's up to you." That's when I hear crying. I turn to look at the sound and my heart falters. My vision blurs, a tear rolls down my cheek.
"Dahlia." Her voice to weak to say anything else. Her beautiful blonde hair covered in dirt and blood. Her body brittle and broken.
"Ella!" I scream, "no, no not Ella. Please leave her alone. I've been good, I've done what you want. Why are you doing this?" I spew out in confusion. I try running to her but I'm held back my guards. I push and push but no matter how hard I try I can't get to her.
"Well, you see. Your weakness is love, so we have to get rid of that. The only way is to make you hurt so much you don't feel anymore." I have so many thoughts in my head. I don't focus on his words until a few seconds after.
"No, this is not right. This isn't how you do things!" I yell.
"Ahh, but it is." Malik says. I look at Ace who has no emotions on his face at all. "And all you have to do is watch. How fun." Ella looks tired, she's been here a long time.
"Ella, what did they do to you?" All she does is shake her head. She's crying, she's so vulnerable. I push and push and push. I break out of the guards grip as soon as a dagger goes flying past my head right into Ella's chest. "NO, no no no," there's screaming. It might be me. I'm not sure.
I slam down next to her and cradle her head in my arms. "Ella," I say as a tear drops down to her face. "Ella, I'm so sorry. God, this is all my fault."
"Do not blame y-yourself," she strains out, "if it's my time to go, I will accept that." I'm trying to heal her, why isn't it working.
"WHY CANT I HEAL HER?!" Malik laughs.
"She's got a special drug in her." I will kill him for this.
I see Ella's close her eyes, "ELLA, keep your eyes on me." Her eyes flutter open.
"You're my best friend, Dahlia. Thank you for keeping your promise, it would have been a shame if you didn't." I shake my head.
"This is not how it should be kept. Ella, you saved me in every single way. I want to save you so bad." Ella wipes my tears away.
"Do not cry. Do not linger on this. I will be very upset if you lay in bed for days." She pauses for a second. "At least I'll never have to live without you again. I promise I will watch over you." No it's not goodbye.
"Ella, Ella. You are my first real friend. You always will be my best friend. Thank you for being my best friend. Thank you so damn much."
"Thank you, for showing me what it's like to have a sister. You know, I always had a fascination with the moon. It reminds me of you. The moon has been through so much, it has craters and dents from impact, but it's still so beautiful and amazing. Just like you. Remember me by that. Not this, never this. Now it's my turn to make a promise. I promise to see you someday again. Meet me in the moon, D."
"Shine bright for me, E." She's my sun. I'm her moon. "Never stop shining."
"I think you'd get sick of the light." I shake my head and lay my head on her chest.
"Never." I pause for a bit. "I love you so much."
"I love you more." I don't argue,
"Be my sun, and I will be your moon." I feel her nod and then take her last breath as a tear runs down her cheek. Her body goes motionless.
I won't believe she's gone. I begin doing anything I can to bring her back. Nothings working. I break down and hold onto her. They try to drag me away but I hold on tight.
...
After a few hours they give up. I don't know where everyone went because no one's in here. I see a shadow of a man outside the door. Probably a guard. I've cried so much, I think I'm out of tears. I try to cry but nothing comes out. I'm still holding onto her, I won't let go. I can't let go.
I sit there for a lot time when I feel a hand in my shoulder. "Dahlia," it's Ace, his voice soft and caring.
"How did he know? Who told him about her!?" I yell and begin to cry.
"Someone told him, I guess he had someone working with him the entire time. In your group." Rose, stupid rose. That bitch. "His name is Jed Yarrow." My heart drops out of my toes and I don't know what happened but I just realized none of my powers have been working. They didn't drug Ella they drugged me.
"No, no not Jed. He wouldn't do this, to me or Ella." Ace looks concerned.
"Shit, your friends with him aren't you." Not anymore if this is true.
"He's my fucking boyfriend!" I scream. "No, I won't believe it. You guys are trying to turn me against my friends!" I point my finger at him. "You guys are taking everything that matters." I sob until I fall asleep.
Ace stays the entire time.