45

"This drug should have killed you almost immediately, you didn't feel the effects for awhile right?" Ace says.
"Right. What is it?" I ask.
"Fentanyl, it's a terrible drug. Whoever did it wanted you dead. You should be dead.
"I've escaped death quite a few times." My rough attempt at a joke. He doesn't laugh.
"You can't escape something that can't happen." Ace smirks.
"Is that cryptic?" He shrugs.
"Maybe. Do you feel okay now?"
"Yeah I feel fine. What does my training consist of? Is it going to be- you know. Will it hurt?" Ace stares at me for a second before he lets out a sigh.
"I don't know. My dad doesn't let me in on much, but from what I've seen him do to others. I don't think it's going to be very pleasant."
I say nothing.
...
"Time for training." Two men come into my room and drag me out of the door. It hurts but I don't show it.
"Don't touch me!" I scream. I try to break out of there grip when I hear a voice. It's Ace.
"You heard her. Let her go, now." They immediately drop me. I almost fall over but catch my balance.
"I can walk myself, jackasses." I hear Ace laugh.
"I'll bring her to the training center since you're not capable." Ace says to the two men.
The men turn and walk away, "follow me." I begin following Ace. I don't know what it is but I always do what he wants, its annoys me.
We walk into a huge room with no people but lots of equipment. "Training times for everyone else is 6:00 am to 11:00 am. You won't be training with everyone else. Your time will be from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. You get special training. I am your trainer in here but you will train with other people for different subjects. Any questions?"
I shake my head and I can't help but think about Jed. I wonder if they're trying to find me. Noah and Jed. I miss him and I don't know if I will be able to fulfill my promise to Ella. Everything is happening so fast. My thoughts race as I hear a voice in the distance. Then I'm being shook.
"Dammit," I feel a needle being plunged into my side. I wince at the pain, must be a big needle. "What are you doing? Don't touch her."
"Oh son, you're so soft. We are only searching through her mind and we need her sedated. She has a very strong shield." He's looking through my memories, that's why I felt like that. He was trying to get in. Or whoever can read minds.
"Father, with all due respect. We do need her strong enough to fight with us." So he doesn't care about me. He only cares about my abilities.
"Oh don't worry, she will be strong. Stronger than you perchance." It seems cryptic. I feel a knife slice through my arm, I'm used to pain but this knife feels different. Almost like it's sucking the life out of me. My eyes fly open and I begin screaming.
"WHAT IS THAT!?" I scream. I make the room shake and the knife fly. It hit the wall along with the person holding it.
"Woah, feisty little one." I hear Ace's father say.
I stare up at him and realize he's gotten very close. He grabs my chin, "don't disobey me like this ever again. Consider this a warning. Drop the nurse." I drop my power and the girl comes falling down off the wall.
"Crazy bitch," the nurse says as if I'm the crazy one.
I ignore her as she walks out of the room with Aces father. "Are you okay?" Ace reaches for my arm.
"Don't touch me." I say angrily gritting my teeth. He steps back and looks hurt.
"I'm sorry."
"Let's just get started." Then we train.
...
I just got informed that I'm getting a new room. Hopefully there's some more dimension too it. Right now my room is small and white with just a bed. I had to use the women's restroom to clean up.
I'm being led to the room by three different people. One in front and two behind. "This one," one of the men point to my room door. The hallway we are in is different than any I've seen. The walls are Scarlett red, which I love. The floor is black tile.
I open the door to my room and I am struck with awe. The walls are an even more gorgeous shade of red, I'm thinking wine red. The floor is black carpet, all the furniture is black with dark red pillows and blankets. I wish I hated it but I can't. It's so gorgeous.
As I'm exploring I find multiple doors, one leads into a bathroom which is white and purple, way different than the bedroom. But the shower is huge, and luxurious. The next door leads to an office I think. There's a big wooden desk in the center. This has to be a bribing mechanism. That's my thoughts when I see a bunch of art supplies for drawing, painting, anything you can imagine.
I begin to cry, cry because I can't like this.
I fall into the bed and sob until I fall asleep.