20

"Dahlia, are you okay?" I hear from a distance. I look up and see Jed.
"Jed, Jed I killed him." I feel bad about defending myself.
"I-I don't even know w-what happened it just happened." I choke through the words as I sob.
"What do you need me to do? I'll do anything." He says.
I wrap my arms around him and tuck my head in his chest. He picks up his arms and pull me closer. We sit there for about 15 minutes without saying anything.
I pulls back, "thank you. I feel terrible right now."
"I know," he pauses for a minute before saying, "please don't blame yourself."
"How can I not? I killed him and I don't even know how."
"You were defending yourself, It's getting late and this isn't the safest place to be, I'll tell them to take care of his body." He does not specify who. He helps me up. "I'm guessing you want to clean up." I nods with tears still running down my face.
...
After I cleans up he asks if he can take me home, I just nods.
I hasn't spoken since we left that man in the alley. "Promise me you aren't blaming yourself." Jed blurts.
"I'm trying. Can we stop ignoring each other in school. I really would like to talk to you."
"Of course, you can talk to me whenever. No matter what I'm doing." Jed is so sweet. I think we both know I won't bother him much.
"You should come to my game tomorrow night, a break from training," he pulls up to my house. I see Ella run out of her house. Good thing I took a shower at headquarters.
"I will, I think that will help. You're really good at football, by the way. The girls seem to love you." I laugh.
"Well I don't love them."
"Friends?" I smile
"Friends, you have to shake on it though." I laugh at his joke and shake his hand.
"Goodnight, Jed."
"Goodnight, Dahlia."