34

"She's nothing more than a war machine." I hear a man whisper. I don't open my eyes, I don't want them knowing I'm awake. It might delay whatever there going to do to me. I feel something in my arm, I'm guessing a IV.
"I still don't think this is a good idea, she's still a person."
"We need this, we need her in our military." who wants me in their military. I shouldn't be suprised by now.
"She should be awake soon, I've never seen such complex DNA. She's is extraordinary." It's a new voice which is very close to me compared to the others. I really want to open my eyes.
I pretend to be waking up. When I open my eyes I'm surprised by who is there.
I throw my body upwards but I'm stopped when my arms are caught by a chain keeping me on the table. I pull up hard and the metal snaps. "Dad! What the hell? This can't be happening." I see my adopted dad who is supposed to be dead standing right in front of me.
"Don't call me that! I'm not the person you remember." What does he mean? He looks exactly the same just a bit rougher and his voice is deeper.
"What? You're my dad! You can't just say you're not." I'm angry I feel my power surging through me.
"I'm going to need you to calm down, I am no longer your father. I was never your father, it was all an act until your biological mother had to get involved, she ruined my plans. I was going to wait till you turned 18 but I can't wait any longer." Why would he wait? I'm seething.
"What do you want with me?" I scream and the room vibrates.
He puts his hand up as if to soothe me. "Calm down." Something in his eyes tells me he's terrified but it quickly goes away. "If you do not cooperate, I will kill everyone you love and care about."
"Not if I ki-," I feel a pinch at the back of my neck and everything fades to black.
...
Why
is
It
Dark?