35

I can't feel anything. I wake up and I'm tied to a pole in the middle of a room that's dark and made of what I think is cement. I hear a click and the door opens. I look up and see my dad- the man I used to call my dad, Roger. "You're awake, it's been two days. Now that you're awake we can begin the experiments. With you, we can take over the world."
I pull as much as I can but nothing happens, I feel weak. "I'm not going to do anything for you." I'm not going to hurt innocent people.
"We will see," he pulls a large dagger from his boot. He walks over to me and my eyes widen in fear. "Don't even try anything, you have depletion cuffs on." Those damn cuffs, I got through then before maybe I can now.
I'm interrupted when pain shoots up my arm. He's cutting me. Deep. I bite back a scream, I can't show weakness to him. I'm bleeding everywhere. It hurts so bad, he's cutting everywhere. First my forearms, then my wrists, then my stomach, and my legs. At that point, everything goes numb. I'm crying, I'm trying to hide it when he says, "Now heal yourself." I've never healed after so much damage. But I try not for his sake but mine.
My cuts start closing, it's draining me. I keep trying to heal when I wonder how I can heal with the cuffs. "How come I can heal with the cuffs?" I choke out.
"It is one of the only powers that work with cuffs." He seems to know a lot. I wonder what the others are.
"So you can heal deep wounds pretty well, what about scratches, scrapes, maybe even internal damage, broken bones?" He asks as if I'm going to answer.
"I'm not telling you anything, asshole" I quickly spew back wondering if I'm going to be punished. He begins walking towards me and grabs my hair.
"If you heal what I'm about to do, I will do way worse." I'm more powerful than him, I can overpower him. "You know, I can read thoughts. Sometimes. Not very useful in combat but very useful in interrogation." Wait he has powers too. I have to shield against him so he can't get in. "I'm very powerful compared to others in mind reading, yet you did it. I'm not in anymore." I feel him brush my shield over and over again until he tries to bring them down but can't.
"I'm not letting you in." He looks at me like I'm dog shit on a shoe.
"Very well, remember don't heal this." He begins cutting while I stifle my cries. He's carving his initials into my neck. If I don't heal it now it's going to scar, I can't be left with that. What will happen if I do heal it, he can't kill me. They need me. I can't bring myself to do it, I don't want to hurt anymore.
When he leaves I cry, I cry until there's nothing left. I just want to be normal.
...
"Wake up. Now." I open my eyes to see Roger very close to my face. "Well, it's time for our next test. You're going to heal only one wound on your body but not the cut on your neck." Oh god, he's going to hurt me again. "This time a bullet wound." Oh, that's even worse or maybe better, faster for sure. But more long-term pain. Maybe.
I squirm against my chains trying to break free. I'll take any chance to get out of here. I'm not sure how long I've been here, I'm disgusting and unwashed. My hair is greasy, my face is dirty, and my cuts are crusty. They would be fine if he would let me heal them, but he won't. I'm sitting in my blood, my clothes are drenched from when he cut me twenty-two times.
I hear the gun click and then a shot rings. I must be in shock because I can't feel a thing until I do. I scream and scream and scream. I cry. He punches me and my head snaps to the side. "No crying and no screaming. Deal with the pain. Believe it or not, I'm helping you." Helping me. Bullshit. I want to say that but I can't everything hurts. My vision is blurring from the blood loss I suspect.
I try to heal just the gun wound but I feel my neck healing too. I stop and try to focus on one spot. I can't. Fuck it. I heal everything. The bullet works its way out and my neck also heals leaving a scar in both places. Hopefully, the gun one will go away but I know the neck won't.
"I told you not to heal your neck," I'm very lightheaded, I lost a lot of blood.
"You're sick." He shakes his head and shoves a dagger in my thigh.
"Every time you misbehave I will hurt you, badly. To the brink of death. Disobey me again and it will hurt more than this." Then he walks out.
I'm not going to die. I hope.
...
I can't feel anything, I think I'm blacked out. I'm not sure.