38

"ELLA! I missed you so much!" Ella pulls me into a hug and I can hear her crying.
"I was so scared I was going to lose my best friend." I love Ella, she is my best friend. The bestest.
"Hopefully that doesn't happen again." She nods and sits next to me.
"Do you need to talk about it." I want to but I don't want to put it on her. I nod anyway.
I tell her about everything I went though and all the family lore. "I know, it's a lot." She looks like she's in shock. Talking about everything definitely lifted a weight off of me.
"Dahlia, you need to come here now." I hear Kyler say as he sees Ella and nods his head once to her as if saying hi.
"Umm, yeah." I get up and hug Ella. I walk with him down the hall. "What's this about?" He looks angry.
"I need you to get to full health and train. Train as much as you can. I need you to get your muscle back and your powers at full capacity."
"Kyler why are you rush-".
"War. War is coming here." My breath falters and I stop right in the middle of the hallway.
...
It's been a week since I got told war was coming. I've been training nonstop. I'm getting strong again, something about my DNA making it easy to gain muscle. Most of my powers are back to how they were but according to Kyler there not good enough. His words were, "you're dead." I felt a little insulted by that but I'm going to get better.
Noah is a big help with abilities and Jed is amazing with combat. Noah is amazing, I love working with him. He is very understanding when I mess up on something. Jed is just as amazing, he's gentle while still teaching me how to kill someone with my hands. According to him he's killed one person only. He seems experienced.
We still aren't together. We haven't even talked about anything other than combat in the past week. Fate is pulling us apart but I want to be pushed in.
"Let's spar." I hear Jed say. We were on water break after our workout. Jed can lift a lot of pounds. I don't know exactly but he is strong. I know he could take me down with his hands in a matter of seconds. But he doesn't.
I walk onto the mat and we circle around for a bit, when I make a move. I pick up my knee and he blocks it. He blocks every move until I finally hook him on his jaw snapping his head to the side. He never hits me. Just blocks. I'm guessing he's going to have someone actually spar because he won't hurt me.
"Jed, can we talk about us?" His expression is a mix of relief and sadness.
"Of course, I thought you needed time that's why I said nothing."
"I'm done waiting. I'm done pushing people out. I want you." Jed looks up at me and walks towards me. He gets so close I can feel his chest press against me. He grips my chin and tilts my head so I'm looking at him.
"I've wanted you since I saw you, now I need you like I need oxygen. I can't breathe when you're not with me." My heart skips a few beats when his lips crash with mine.
"Does this mean we're together?" I ask stupidly in between kisses.
He laughs softly, "Dahlia Bryers, Can I be your boyfriend?"
"I would love you to be my boyfriend, Jed Yarrows."