11

"Ella, do you see Ethan?"
"Do you two have something going on?" she smirks and I am pretty sure I'm beat red right now.
"I think so, I'm not completely sure, only because we haven't talked about it. I feel like there's something though." I feel like an idiot explaining this not knowing what's going on.
"Just be careful, he's not..." her smile falls and she pauses and goes, "He likes bets, and you're the new girl it might be a bet. I'm not trying to bring you down or anything, but be careful." I suddenly fall still, what if she's right?
"I will, I promise. Wanna have a sleepover tonight? At my house." My first sleepover ever.
"Who do you think I am, of course. Let me ask my parents."
While Ella and I were walking back to the vehicle, I heard someone say my name, they said it so, made my name seem so beautiful. I turn and see Jed. "Can I help
You?" he looks worried.
"It's a bet." I know exactly what he's talking about. I act like I don't.
"What are you talking about?" I squeeze out with as little emotion as possible.
"Ethan, he bet 100 dollars that he could sleep with you within a month." My stomach drops and my vision starts to cloud.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes. Look, I'm really sorry." I can tell he is sorry. First, it's the vision, then it's the headache, then it's the breathing, then it's the crying. "Are you ok? Shit, Do you need help?" I can't answer, I'm choking on my words. I feel Ella's arms wrap around me, and Jed's voice. "Can I do anything? What do I do?"
"I need to sit down."
"Right, let me help you." Ella unwraps herself from me and Jed puts his arm on my back and gently guides me to the bench, he sits next to me and uses his thumb to wipe my tears away. "Look at me and breathe with me." I look up at him and follow his breathing. Something about him calms me.
Ella is on the other side of me with her arm over my shoulder.
Once my breathing subsides Jed helps me up and walks me to Ella's car. "I didn't mean to make you upset."
"It's better I know now, thank you. For everything." We stare at each other for a minute. "See you later, Star Footballer.
"See you later, flower girl" My name is also a flower.