32

"I kissed him, Ella. I kissed Jed." Ella looks up at me from her magazine and her jaw drops.
"Well I knew he liked you, it was obvious." Was it?
"I'm just not sure if I'm ready, I went through a lot these past months and I just need time." Ella's facial expression changes to something I'm not quite sure of
"Did I rush you back into this whole thing, cause I can totally post pone this sleepover if you need time."
"Oh my gosh no, I think this is what I need. I need to talk to someone." I don't want to talk about what happened but I need to too. Just not yet.
"I talked to one person in the span of 3 months, I need to talk about other things with someone."
"If you need to talk about it I'm here, but make sure you're ready." I nod and lay on my stomach next to her.
We spend the rest of the night laughing and having fun. Ella deserves the world and more. She's an amazing person and I'm happy I found her. My best friend forever.
...
"UGH! Why can't I get it?" Noah has been trying to help me control my abilities, but it's not going so well.
"You have a lot of power so it's going to be harder for you than it is for others, let's try a different way." He stands up and gestures for me to stand as well. "Ok, close your eyes, envision a room. Any room with a door." I think of my old bedroom and I nod, "Now visualizes your powers coming through the door to you," I imagine a line a power coming from the door to me, "now shut the door so it can't get to you."
In my mind I walk to the door and try to close it but I can't get it, I push and push and push. Finally I get it closed. And I lock it. "I DID IT!!" I jump up into Noah's arms we hug for a bit and then he lets me down and I jump around in excitement.
"Well I know you got it cause something squirrelly would be going on with the lights or some shit, cause I've never seen you so excited." I continue to beam at Noah. "We have more to work on, what do you want to work on?" There's so many options.
"Let do, hmm. Teleportation. That's useful."
...
I get back to Jed's room. "Hey, Jed." I know my face is red from blushing but I hope he doesn't notice. My hair is a mess as well.
"Hey, Lia. Listen if you're not ready for a relationship right now, I'll wait. I want you to know I really like you. I've never felt this way before, I'm a no attachments person but you make me want attachments. You are perfect in so many ways and I will wait as long as you need." My stomach does this stupid flip thing.
"I'm not ready yet, I don't want to be bad to you because of my own problems. Just give me some time, but I promise Jed, I do want you." I say it so easily it scares me.
He smiles, "of course, take as long as you need." It's going to be hard to wait but I need too for his sake. "How was training today?" He asks while hanging some clothes up.
"Great, I learned how to control my powers and how to teleport, well kind of. I can only go like five feet right now."
"That's amazing, you're astonishing. Also Rose told me to tell you you're room is ready and your having a slumber party in it." I laugh and he looks up and smiles.
"Well I'm going to grab my stuff from here and put it in my room." He nods and he helps me bring the stuff to my new room.
"Thank you, I should probably find Rose before she explodes." I say trying to make a joke, he laughs so I guess I did it. Rose is very excited for this. So am I.
"Probably," he pauses for a bit. "Good night."
"Good night," I hug him and he goes back to his room. I turn around a bump right into Rose.
"We have to talk about what happened in the cafeteria, like right now." I smile and we go into my room. "So what led to that."
"I'm not sure, it just happened. He just kissed me and I kissed him back." She tilts her head to the right and puts up one eyebrow.
"Well, that's certainly something. Was it good?" It was amazing.
"Best kiss ever, although I've only ever kissed one person."
"Tell me everything." Rose says dramatically.
"Jed's friend, his name is Ethan. It was just a stupid bet to him but I actually liked him. Nothing compared to how much I like Jed. I'm just not ready for that yet, I went through a lot recently and I don't want to put it on him."
"I understand that, me and my brother had a pretty rough childhood. I always took it out on him. I always felt bad after, but I could never stop while I was doing it." I nod and change the subject.
"Want to watch a movie."
"Oh right, you don't know yet. Movies and books are banned now. The government banned them." My eyes widen in shock.
"Your serious?" She nods then walks over to a drawer and pulls out cards.
"I can teach you card games though."