10

"What should I wear? This?" She holds up a Basic white shirt and a pair of green Cargo shorts, "or this?" Now she's holding a pink top with a pair of white shorts.
"They're both pretty, but definitely the first one," I say. I've always loved cargo shorts.
Now me, what should I wear? I put on a pair of medium-wash bootcut jeans and a red long-sleeve.
"I love that outfit on you!" Ella exclaims. "What brand are those jeans, there so cute."
"Ariat and shirt is Abercrombie." Both of these were my mom's. The police said I could have her clothes. I get the money once I'm 18. Although I'm not worried about that.
"By the way, I love your room." I know she's just being nice because I haven't even decorated it yet. I never had the motivation to.
"It's not even decorated, I didn't have time. Well I did, but I had no motivation. After my mom." I try to sound the least bit sad as possible.
"I still think it looks pretty, also if you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here." I think about how I was bullied and hurt so much, I think about telling her about everything. I can't. I have a fresh start and she already knows too much.
"Thank you. Anyway, it's time to go." She jumps up and we race downstairs, I throw on my Converses and she puts on her Nikes.
"I've never been to a game before," I say
"Wait, like never." she gaped at me. I feel embarrassed but continue.
"Never, I'm excited. But I'm also nervous. I'm happy I'm going with you though." I stammer out. I don't want her to think I'm weird.
"Well, I'm glad to be your first escort." I laugh and she joins me. I'm finally happy for once.
...
When we get there, it's packed. After about 5 minutes we find a seat next to the rest of Ella's friends. I'm not good friends with them yet but I think I'm friends with them. They're very nice and funny.
"Oooo, The games starting." Ella taps on my shoulder and interrupts my conversation with one of the girls in the group, Anton. She likes to talk, so I listen to her. I turn my attention to the game.
Suddenly a woman's voice comes out of a loudspeaker. "Are you all ready for the 5th game of the Hawks football season?" The stands rumble with people stomping on the bleachers. I join in with Ella and the rest of the group. "Welcome our star quarterback Jed Yarrow." The stand erupts in girls screaming. Must be he's popular with the girls. Ella rolls her eyes and I laugh. "Our center, Ethan Bozelli." The stand erupts once again, including me. They name off everyone else and the game starts.
Ethan is not kidding, Jed is really good. And I mean really good. Ethan is good for it being a school sport but Jed is amazing, I'm not surprised he got a sports scholarship at Yale.
At halftime, "Wanna go to the concessions." I could kill for a Snickers bar right now.
"Who do you think I am? Of course." We walk down the stand and wait in line. While in line I meet Jed's gaze staring directly at me. For some reason, I can't look away. Ella taps on my shoulder and I realize we are up. I go to the stand and get a Snickers bar and a Coke. I'm still thinking about his eyes.