7

^^Zena

Zena's POV 

I gripped the sides of the sink as my body shook. The pain wracked through my frame and I could barely keep it together. I squeezed my eyes shut as I felt my alters take over. I accidentally ripped the sink out the wall and threw it down. I then panicked as the water began spurting everywhere. I then gave up and slumped to the ground.

"Z!" Hailey sped inside. "What happened?"

"It's too real, Hailey." My vamp eyes stared at her. "I can't control the outburst."

"Dammit." Hailey hissed before turning the pipe off. "Z, it'll get easier with time."

"NO!" I roared at her. "I will never forget her!"

"Not forget. But, the pain-"

"Will always be here." My voice was hoarse. "A part of me died that day."

"Zena, let's get you out of here." Hailey took me out the bathroom.

While we were in the hall, we ran into Ms. Thatcher. Ms. Thatcher stared at me in disgust. Hailey tried to shield me, but Ms. Thatcher called Hailey out.

"She needs some rest."

"What she needs is to be a leader." Ms. Thatcher snapped.

"She just lost her mother." Hailey scoffed.

"Allura has taken more from others." I sneered at her callous response. "How is she to be a ruler when she can't take a slight disturbance?"

"Slight disturbance?!" Hailey was enraged.

"Either calm yourself or I'll have you escorted off the property."

"You are in no position!"

"Don't tempt me."

"I have legal council and representation to be here!" Hailey defiantly spoke. "I don't fear you. You should fear me when you push my buttons."

"Hails." I grabbed her arm. "I'll be fine. Go before things escalate."

"But-"

"I need you and can't afford for you to be separated from me."

"Z-"

"For a child her age to be so dependent foreshadows the destruction her ascension will bring." Ms. Thatcher stated.

Hailey was so fed up, but I had to shoo her away. Hailey reluctantly left, but not before giving Ms. Thatcher a piece of her mind. Ms. Thatcher snapped at me to follow her to a classroom.

"You're scheduled to ascend the throne this weekend and your current progress is laughable." She snapped. "You need to harden yourself and control your emotions." She gestured to me not being able to revert back to my human face. "How can you seduce prey when you can't revert to your natural face!" She yelled.

"I'm sorr-"

"Hands out." She demanded.

I gulped and lifted my hands, so my palms faced the ceiling. Ms. Thatcher put her gloves on before revealing a silver ruler. She then smacked my hands, splitting the skin. I hissed as she continuously used the ruler to strip the skin from my hands.

"Take the pain without sound." She sneered into my ear. "How else do you plan to be ready for your succession?!"

"Is this what Maman went through?"

"Worse. She could actually endure the required training. You're getting the babied version and still can't handle it."

"What'd she have to do?"