21

^^Matt

Zena's POV 

"How'd you find us?" Tears welled in my eyes.

"Where'd you go?" Yeira held her arm tightly.

"I had help." Mum hugged us tightly. "And I left to get help." She chuckled.

"Well, they lied about you." Yeira stepped back, so we looked at her weirdly. "They said you gained a lot of weight. I see maybe an additional 2 kilos to be honest." She shrugged.

"Thanks, Yei." Mum chuckled. "You're staying at Hannah's?" We nodded. "Cool."

"They here?" Zayn jogged with Jade on his heels. "Oh, there they are!" He pointed for Matt to follow.

"Good, we found them first." Matt's voice boomed.

"First?" Yeira and I questioned.

"Ya, we should head out." Jade gave mum a look.

We piled into Matt's car while Jade and Zayn drove our truck. Matt quickly drove while Mum eyed her phone. They then spoke in hushed voices while Yeira obnoxiously kicked Matt's seat. Matt turned in fury to glare, but Yeira continued.

"What's wrong, step-dad?"

"Yeira!" Mum and I chastised her.

"What?" She obnoxiously asked. "I'm just trying to bond with him."

"Yei-"

"You know... since Maman is dead and all." I facepalmed while mum contemplated killing Yeira. "Like, I know you're probably gonna move on with step-dad over the-"

I kicked Yeira, so she'd shut up. Yeira rolled her eyes and grumbled in the back. Finally, we arrived at auntie Hannah's house. Mum knocked on the door and met a shocked Hannah. Hannah jumped into mum's arms and began crying. Mum released a few tears and held her baby sister tight.

"You said she got fat." Yeira crossed her arms.

"Guess she quickly lost the weight." Hannah chuckled and wiped her tears.

We walked inside to see uncle Brandon with grandma. Brandon and grandma were shocked to see mum. Brandon quickly ran to hug his sister while grandma made her way over. Yeira shuffled next to me and began grumbling.

"Think mum sucked his dick yet?"

"Yeira." I groaned.

"What? Just wondering." She muttered.

"When you two came here, was there anyone around?" Matt questioned us.

"Ya. There were snipers, but Yeira took them out." I answered.

"Mia, we should check the perimeter to make sure reinforcements haven't arrived yet."

Mum nodded and left with Matt and Zayn. Hannah then went upstairs to grab stuff leaving me to Yeira and her antics. Yeira walked to the kitchen and grabbed a few oranges. She then stupidly began to juggle them. I rolled my eyes as she picked up a cantaloupe too. She can't be- nope, she's serious.

Yeira was distracting me with her stupid juggling when grandma yelped. I turned to find her holding her back in pain. Uncle Brandon grimaced and helped guide her to a chair. He then asked for Yeira to fetch a heating pad. Yeira rolled her eyes and left while I mouthed thanks to him. Uncle Brandon gave me a strained smile as he asked grandma if she was alright.

Jade entered while eating a bowl of fruit. Brandon asked if grandma could have some, but grandma claimed she was full.

"Mom, you haven't eaten in a while."