10

^^Geneve

(REMEMBER THAT EVERYONE THINKS LARA IS YEIRA, SO IM GONNA REFER TO LARA AS YEIRA IN THIS CHAPTER)

"Pyotr, your presence is unnecessary." Damyan quickly walked after him.

"I'm not here for your approval. I'm here for Iris." He grinned.

Pyotr

Pyotr

"I advise you to delay your greeting and come another time." Damyan seriously spoke, stopping Pyotr.

"What's wrong with you?" Pyotr raised a brow. "You're unsettled." He assessed the stiff vampire. "Something's wrong." He sneered and shoved Damyan into a wall. "What did you do to her?" He gripped the man's collar.

"I've done nothing!" Damyan spat. "I'm merely trying to warn you before you get too involved."

"I don't..." Pyotr stiffened when he sensed a powerful being near. "Is that-"

"Yes, but worse." Damyan shoved Pyotr back. "And now you can't leave." Damyan breathed out.

Pyotr stepped to Damyan and narrowed his eyes. He then reluctantly straightened Damyan's clothes. Damyan gave Pyotr a murderous look before brushing past him. Pyotr walked in the direction of Iris' scent and opened the doors. He could hear voices and new people heard him, but decided their conversation was more important.

Pyotr's eyes slightly widened at the sight of Geneve and Yeira. He slowly approached and stood near Iris. He could feel Iris finally relax at the familiar presence behind her. Pyotr quickly realized why Iris was uncomfortable since Vanya was across the room. Vanya would occasionally spare Iris a glance or two, but not for too long. Vanya and her parents were discussing complex subjects with Geneve. And Yeira's eyes were firmly trained on Iris. He could see the struggle in Vanya not to be next to Iris and gripping the younger vampire's hand.

"Come, little lamb." Pyotr whispered in Iris' ear. "The adults are speaking." He placed a hand on her lower back.

"Non." Yeira's words halted their movement.

"Hmm... and where are you running off to?" Geneve eerily smiled and directed her attention their way.

"She's intruding on sensitive conversation." Pyotr chuckled. "No need for her to be present."

"Prying ears and loitering individuals should be eliminated. Thank you, Pyotr." Pyotr's grin dropped.

"No!" Vanya lost her cool and whizzed in front of Geneve. "You won't-"

Vanya began choking since Yeira's hand was clasped around her neck. Iris screamed and went to help Vanya, but Pyotr held her back. Iris began crying as she clawed against Pyotr, but he had a firm hold on her.