29

^^Hailey

Zena's POV 

Yeira and I speed walked through the mountain until we arrived at the house. We stopped since we were greeted with a pissed off mum. Mum's arms were crossed and the vein on her head was bulging. Uh, oh. Yeira nudged me forward, so we reluctantly made our way to her.

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?!"

"Uh... just exploring." I meekly smiled.

"Ya, we went up to the border and-"

"What?!" Mum shrieked. "I told you to stay close by. You were gone for hours and now it's dark!"

"Australia is huge, mum." Yeira defended. "Not our fault it takes hours to get to Brisbane and-"

"You left the mountains?" Mum's face was red.

"Uh..."

"Inside, now!" She snapped.

I sighed and went inside to find Jade and Matt with disapproving looks. Zayn smiled and offered me a cheeseburger. I rolled my eyes and thanked him before taking a bite. Jade then moved to interrogate us. Yeira took the heat and explained she was bored, so she had me accompany her to god knows where. I looked at Yeira, but she shrugged.

"Yei." I whispered once they were speaking amongst themselves. "You didn't need to do that. You didn't have to lie."

"Hey, one of us needs to maintain the image of perfect daughter." She quipped. "And I'm not having that lame title stuck on me." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Thanks." I said.

"Whatever." She went to play on her Swicth, but mum snatched it from her. "Hey!"

"You're grounded." Mum sternly spoke.

"But- But-"

"But nothing." She kicked Yeira's feet off the table. "Find a coloring book." Mum snapped and walked off.

"She's pissed." Yeira grumbled.

"For good reason." I ran a hand through her hair.

"Well, it can't get any worse."

Zayn was typing away on his computer when he suddenly froze. He looked around, but everyone else was distracted. Zayn gulped and focused on me.

"Umm... Zena?" He motioned for me to approach. "Got a question for you."

"What's up?" I walked to him.

"Uh... what did you and Yeira do?" He whispered.

"Just explore the mountain." I lied.

"Is that it?" He nervously asked. "Nothing else?"

"Why?" I questioned back.

"Uhh... it's just that- Uhh..."

"Spit it out, Zayn." Yeira stood next to me.

"This." He sighed and turned the screen.

I nearly collapsed as I watched a video of Acacia's dorm be attacked. Nat must've been doing a TikTok when someone broke in and started fighting them. You could hear Nat's screaming in the background while Cara transformed into a wolf and Tatia enacted her vampire side. Acacia could be seen swinging a sword, but furniture was being thrown all over the place.

"This is going viral and immediately taken down. People probably think it's special effects or something." Zayn rushed out. "Though, campus police were called."

"What happened?" Everyone came over. "Shit!" Jade walked off to make a few phone calls.

"Ya, it seems that this girl was the attacker." Zayn zoomed in on a blurry photo of a girl. "Can't make out her features."