23

Zena's POV 

I fell asleep on Yeira's shoulder and only awoke when we hit a pothole. I snapped awake and looked around in bewilderment. Yeira continued playing Sonic on her Switch. When and where did she get that? Did we stop somewhere while I was asleep?

Matt slowed down when we arrived at a port. I squinted my eyes while exiting the car. Yeira bit into the Crunch bar while we stared at the massive cruise ship. Um...

"Well, I could surely use a break!" Yeira grinned.

"Care to explain why we're going on a cruise?" I asked.

"It seems like there'll be watchmen on the highways and looking for us. We need to go south, so we'll hop on the cruise and then disembark in Mexico." Matt answered.

"Mexico?" I arched a brow. "That's our safe house?"

"Mexico and then fly to the other destination." Mum explained.

"Let's board and we'll be under the guise as one happy family." Matt put on a wedding band.

"Wow, you really are playing the role of step-dad." Yeira rolled her eyes. "You just casually keep that ring on ya?"

"Yeira." Mum warned.

"Or, was that the ring you planned to propose to mum with, but she dumped your ass since your dick wasn't good-" Yeira's voice became muffled since I covered her mouth.

"Thank you." Mum flashed her eyes at Yeira.

"And I love my step-daughters." He gritted his teeth and put his arms around Yeira and my shoulders. "Let's go."

Yeira and I groaned as he ushered us forward. Matt showed them the QR code on his phone before we went through the metal detectors. When we finally boarded she ship, a receptionist lady smiled at us.

"You are such a beautiful family." She complimented.

"Thank you." Matt sent her a quick smile.

"They look just like-"

"Our other mother." Yeira and I cut the woman off before leaving the dumbfounded lady.

Matt walked after us and placed his strong hands on our shoulders. He then pushed us in the direction of our suite. We yelped as he essentially dragged us into the room. Yeira and I shoved his hands off us when we entered the space. Mum rolled her eyes and closed the door.

"Listen up and listen closely." He sternly spoke. "This ship is about to embark, so you two just need to behave yourselves until we arrive in Mexico. It's not that complicated."

"You underestimate us." Yeira crossed her arms.

"More like I have zero faith in you." He stated.

"Matt." Mum sternly spoke.

"Just behave." He eyed us.

"Okay, step-dad." Yeira mocked.

"We need to plan the next steps, Matt." Mum spoke.

"Sure." He nodded. We followed them to the door, but Matt turned. "No, not you two. The two of you stay here."

"What?!" We shrieked.

"You can't keep us here!" Yeira demanded.

"We don't even have clothes!" I complained.

"I'll send you some and you'll stay here, so your mom and I will know exactly where you are at all times. The both of you have a knack for trouble."