63

I placed the fresh flowers in the vase. I smiled since Zena and Acacia picked these out. The beeping of the equipment was steady, so I was quick to notice an irregularity. I turned to see mom waking up. She blinked a few times before focusing on me.

"Mia, you're here." She whispered.

"I'm here." I pulled the chair next to her bed. "I'm right here." I held her hand.

"Is everything-"

"Everything has been taken care of." I interrupted. "Don't worry." I ran my fingers through her hair.

"Lara?"

"She's back." I fondly smiled. "Like really back." I cradled her hand.

"How are you two doing?"

"We've been good. I think we're going to get counseling though. Nothing major or anything. Just to make us stronger as a couple."

"Mia." Mom gripped my hand. "No matter what you go through. Any trials or tribulations. Don't take the easy way out. Work as a team with Lara to solve everything. No more divorce threats or making her think that way. That girl would do anything for you. She loves you so much and that kind of love and respect is hard to come by. Don't take her for granted."

"I learned that." I sniffled. "I don't want her away from me."

"I'm happy to have her as my daughter in law. And I know I did well since you met someone who loves and takes care of you."

"Mom." My voice shook. "Please don't speak like you're saying goodbye." I squeezed my eyes shut. "I can't bear it."

"Shhh..." She calmed me. "You'll be fine. You and your siblings are so strong and have amazing support systems. I can be at peace."

"You'll be reunited with dad and my step-dad." I wiped my tears. "I'm happy for you." My voice shook. "I'm going to miss you though. We all are."

"I love you, Mia." She kissed my hand.

"I love you too, mom." I rested my forehead against her hand. "And sorry for all the drama I caused."

"I'd gladly do it again for you." She smiled.

"Thank you for being my mom. You were always there for me through everything." I hugged her.

I stayed with mom for a few more minutes. The nurses came inside to give her medication, so I left. Lara was in the waiting room while scrolling through her phone. When she saw me, she stood and locked her phone. She opened her arms, so I quickly wrapped my arms around her waist and nuzzled my face against her chest.

"How was it?" She kissed my head.

"She's gonna die soon."

"At least you got to tell her goodbye." She whispered.

"Thank you for coming." I leaned back, but was still hugging her.

"Always." She connected our lips. "Tell me if you ever need anything."

"Oh, the Queen will drop everything for me?" I teased and watched her roll her eyes. "I feel so lucky."

"As my Queen should." She winked. "Should we get back to the girls?"

"Ya, they had their private time to speak with mom already."

Lara took my hand and gave it a gentle kiss. She waved her hand to open a portal. We stepped through and arrived at a villa in Portugal. Zena and Yeira were playing cards on the bungalow. It was an odd sighting until Zena started complaining about Yeira cheating. Yep, that sounds like the Yeira I know.

"Girls." Lara called out.

"You're back!" They raced to us. "How are you feeling?" Zena hugged me.

"Better." I gave her a soft smile.

"Glad you made it in time." Yeira smiled.

"Where's Acacia and Hana?" Lara wondered.

"Acacia needed her nails done, so she dragged Hana with her." Yeira shrugged.

"Not surprised. I'd be more surprised if she could survive with a chipped nail." I joked.

"We're happy you're doing well." Zena held onto Lara. "Truly."

"I'm glad to have my family back." We had a family hug. "And I'm not willing to give that up anytime soon. I love you all."

"Love you too." Zena snuggled against us.

"Ya, me too." Yeira chuckled.

"I'll protect all of you." Lara promised. "And I only protect the things I love." She then connected our lips.

"Ewww!" The twins gagged, causing Lara and I to chuckle.

Man, I really love my family.

The End

I  really enjoyed writing this book. It was a ton of fun! Anytime I write about the Sangpures, it's an enjoyable experience.

Question though... if you had to ship the characters with people who aren't their mates, who would you pair them with??? I'll admit that I secretly like ZenaxHailey haha