37

^^Young Lara

Amelia's POV 

We had moved Lara to another room, so the girls wouldn't see her the moment they entered the living room. Hailey gave me a stern look before exiting the room to greet the girls. I looked out the window to see her hug Zena and speak to them. Hailey placed an arm around their shoulders as she guided them back into the forest.

Zayn ran into the house and came up the stairs. He burst through the doors and gasped. Carla rolled her eyes at his dramatic ass.

"Dude, she's gonna be pissed when she wakes up."

"No kidding, idiot." Carla rolled her eyes.

"What are we gonna do- is this gonna hold her?" He raced to the chains. "I'm mean it's silver."

"Better start praying." Carla husked into his ear.

"Carla." I gave her a look.

"Jeez, I didn't realize you guys went and got her! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Because you overreact and have the secrecy of a canary." Carla glared.

"This is serious though! What if Geneve tracks her here? The girls aren't safe."

"They'll be fine. No one will track us." Matt firmly spoke.

"But-"

I tuned Zayn out since I was focused on Carla. I watched her expression change, so I looked in the general direction she was staring at. I stepped back at seeing Lara blankly stare at us. How long has she been awake? I elbowed Zayn in the gut, causing him to keel over. Matt then turned and narrowed his eyes at Lara. Matt made eye contact with me before stepping forward.

"Lara." Her eyes switched to his. "How are you?" She kept quiet. "I don't know how much you're aware of. Do you remember any of us?" She still didn't speak.

"Yo!" Zayn snapped in her face, causing her to bite his finger.

Zayn wailed as blood began dripping down his finger. I facepalmed as Zayn jumped around in pain. Matt shook his head in disapproval while Carla rolled her eyes. Zayn sucked his bleeding finger and frowned.

"That's what you get for putting your finger near her mouth." I stated.

"Lara, you're working with Geneve." Lara only paid attention when her name and Geneve's were mentioned. "Why are you working for her? She's an enemy."

"Does she not speak?" I quipped.

"Not English." Carla stated.

"What?" We all faced her.

"She never spoke an ounce of English when I was with them." Carla shrugged. "Don't know if she understands it or simply refuses to speak it.

"English?!" Zayn waved in front of her face. "English!"

"Zayn." I sternly spoke.

"Do you speak English?" Matt asked, but she didn't answer. "Do you understand me?" She gave no indication to his question. "Can she speak?" He faced Carla.

"She doesn't speak much..."

"She's not making any noise or gestures or-"

"How long until your venom burns out her system?" I stared at Lara.

"Uh... I used a lot, so it depends."

"On what?" I snapped.

"How badly she wants autonomy over her body." Carla smirked. "What's wrong with someone being a little defenseless? Thought you liked being tied up." Carla sensually ran a finger down my neck.