55

Amelia's POV 

"Matt, Dante." I called out to them. "We're gonna leave."

"Where to? This place is secure. Did someone attack you?" Dante hurried to my side.

"No, it's-"

"I need to return to my birthplace. Mila wishes to accompany me." Lara stated.

"No." Matt shook his head. "Absolutely not. You will not be going to the vampire realm." I sighed when he stepped in front of me. "Mia, that's dangerous. You'll be surrounded by vampires-"

"Those that are loyal to me." Lara added.

"Vampires nonetheless. What happens when they get hungry?"

"We do have control." Lara went to my side. "Excellent control." She firmly spoke.

"What if she gets a paper cut?" He sneered.

"I'll keep her away from paper then."

"Okay." I placed a hand on both their chests. "Enough."

"No, not enough!" Matt pushed my hand down. "You claim to love her, but are willing to put her in a compromising position?! Werewolves in that realm are chained and demeaned. What if she gets captured or separated from you? She'll be another vampire's fucking toy!"

"I wouldn't allow that!" Lara flashed her eyes. "She'd be protected."

"What if you're speaking to someone and a vampire gets particularly hungry-"

"How little control do you believe we have?"

"I don't trust you with her life." He sneered.

"Matt." I firmly spoke. "I'm going with her." He closed his eyes and deeply sighed. "I trust her." I gripped Lara's hand. "With my life. I feel safe and secure around her. I fear nothing. And we need to go."

"Why?" Dante gently inquired.

"My family. I need to speak to them and devise a counterattack to Geneve."

"You can't do that from here?" Matt was beyond irked.

"And who will inform them of my plan?" Lara was frustrated. "You often pass your place."

"My purpose is to protect her. More than you ever do." I stepped between them at that comment.

"Matt-"

"Mia, please." He begged.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

Matt ran a hand through his hair and looked at Dante to do something. Dante gave a look that there wasn't anything he could say that'd change my opinion. Matt scoffed and stormed down off. Dante apologized on his behalf.

"It's alright. It's clear he's in love with her." Lara left me.

"La- jeez! Why is everything so fucking complicated?!"

"I mean feelings aren't-"

"Not now, Dante." He held his hands up in surrender. "Trust me. She's going to be even more pissed when I get the chance to privately speak to her."

"So you're really going?" I turned to him. "I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me nervous." He breathed out. "Geneve could be in that realm."

"We know."

"Mia, you're strong, but please be careful."

"I will." I smiled and hugged him. "I'll have to tell the others goodbye before leaving."