22

Third Person POV 

Hana wrapped her arms around her knees as she sat on the dojo. She had just finished training with Jin since he had to return for duty. Hana sighed and allowed herself to lie on her back. She stared at the ceiling and contemplated her actions that led to her sad state.

Hana

Because of her, Yeira was no longer in her life. Yeira had felt the painstaking rejection from Hana, which spurred her into leaving the realm. Next thing Hana knew, Yeira suffered the loss of her Maman. Hana could barley understand the pain Yeira was experiencing since she never really lost someone close to her. Well, besides her older sister dying, but they weren't particularly close. And, she was experiencing the loss of a breakup.

"Why did I say those things?" Hana whispered and shut her eyes.

Flashback

Deji and Hana were sauntering through the mall when they heard horrendous music. It seems everyone else found the music to be utterly awful. Hana then tensed up when she recognized the voice of the DJ. She cursed and went into the direction to find Yeira horribly singing while Lexi was her hype woman.

Yeira did ad libs that made Hana facepalm. Yeira was also playing raunchy Cupcakke music. Deji hit Hana to do something, but Hana was stunned. Hana then overhead people snickering about Yeira and then subtly pointing at Hana. Hana groaned since they were stating that Hana and Yeira were dating. Hana dragged Deji away from the mocking eyes.

Another incident that occurred was when Hana and Yeira were walking through the fields. Yeira spotted a building that was under construction. She raced off before Hana had time to react. By the time Hana caught up to her, Yeira yanked a brick out. One of the workers yelled that they were on private property. What they didn't realize was Yeira removed a loose brick, which caused the structure to capsize on the worker. They both gasped since the worker was definitely dead.

"Yeira!"

"Uh..."

Hana had to grab Yeira and run off since people were running towards them. That resulted in Inari having to do some major damage control and punishing Yeira with community service. Yeira was condemned to do trash cleanup, but managed to accidentally release the lever that resulted in a trash avalanche that killed a few people and ended up in the water stream. Yeira had also managed to deface a sacred structure.

There were so many rumors about Hana and Yeira's relationship floating around. People would openly mock Hana, especially on the palace grounds or when she'd attend functions with Inari. Inari would sometimes overhear and publicly shame the person. Inari had a zero tolerance for any rumors, but they still hurt Hana the same.

Inari had an event at the palace and that's when everything went wrong. It started off normal. Hana would occasionally mingle with other elites. She mostly found herself standing beside Misuke. A lot of kitsune were enthralled with Misuke's return. Hana wasn't interested in the attention and strayed away from her birth mother.