Retired Soldier vs. Delicate Educated Youth (02)

Zhang Bo, who was sitting in front of the oxcart, rubbed his eyes and looked at the figure in front of him.

  Lu Chaoli turned his head when he heard this. When he saw Jiang Li, he said to Zhang Bo: "Zhang Bo, you are not mistaken. There is indeed a female comrade in front. It seems that she just came from another place. Let's go over and ask her."

  After Lu Chaoli finished speaking, Zhang Bo accelerated the oxcart and gradually closed the distance between him and Jiang Li.

  "Where are you going, little comrade? Come on up and I will give you a ride!"

  Before he even reached Jiang Li, Zhang Bo greeted her enthusiastically.

  After hearing the voice, Jiang Li stopped and subconsciously looked ahead. After confirming that there was no one, she turned around and looked at Zhang Bo.

  The moment Jiang Li turned around, Lu Chaoli was stunned. This was the first time he had seen such a beautiful person in his life!

  Jiang Li had two pigtails, and her delicate skin was like a lotus just out of water. Her eyes were clear as water and bright as stars, and the dimples on her cheeks made her look even more charming. 

  Even though her face was sunburned and her hair stuck to her cheeks, it couldn't hide her beauty.

  "This little comrade is so handsome!" Zhang Bo praised with a smile, and then asked, "Where are you going, little comrade? Get in and I'll give you a ride. It's hard enough for a girl like you to walk such a long mountain road by yourself!"

  Lu Chaoli also came back to his senses at this time, and jumped off the ox cart with one hand supporting the wooden board.

  "Comrade, I'll help you with your things."

  Seeing that Jiang Li was carrying a bag on her shoulders, Lu Chaoli walked straight to her and stretched out his hand.

  The bag on her back was indeed tiring, and Jiang Li didn't refuse, and nodded to Lu Chaoli: "Thank you, comrade."

  "It's a small matter, get in the car quickly."

  Lu Chaoli took the bag from Jiang Li's hand and called her to get on Zhang Bo's ox cart.

  Jiang Li leaned on a stick and limped to the ox cart. When she got on the ox cart, she threw the stick she picked up to the side of the road.

  Lu Chaoli effortlessly carried Jiang Li's bag and followed her: "Comrade, is your foot injured?"

  "It's okay, just a few blisters."

  "Don't underestimate these blisters, they are very tormenting! When you get to the Youth Institute, remember to pick them up and apply some medicine as soon as possible!"

  Jiang Li responded: "I'll pick them up when I get back."

  Lu Chaoli and Jiang Li sat on the ox cart with a bag between them.

  "Comrade, are you from another place? Where are you going?"

  Jiang Li nodded: "I just came from other places and I'm going to Taohua Village."

  "Taohua Village?"

  Lu Chaoli and Zhang Bo said in unison: "That's a coincidence, we are villagers of Taohua Village!"

  "Really?"

  Jiang Li's eyes lit up. She didn't expect that she would meet a villager from Taohua Village. Now she can take a ride directly to the village entrance!

  "Comrade is also from Taohua Village?"

  Lu Chaoli looked at Jiang Li and made sure that he had never seen her in the village.

  Seeing that he misunderstood, Jiang Li explained, "I am an educated youth sent to Taohua Village by the higher authorities."

  "Educated youth?" Zhang Bo knew about this: "I remember that a group of educated youth just came to the village yesterday. Comrade Xiao should be with them, right?"

  "We should have come together yesterday, but I missed the train and was a day later than them."

  "I see."

  After learning from Zhang Bo that Jiang Li was an educated youth in their village, Lu Chaoli smiled and said, "Then we are neighbors in the same village. Comrade, if you need any help, just ask!"

  Jiang Li smiled lightly after meeting Lu Chaoli, who was enthusiastic and cheerful, and the dimples on both sides of her cheeks deepened with her movements. Lu

  Chaoli was a little absent-minded, but he quickly reacted from his absent-mindedness. He was afraid that he would be regarded as a pervert, so he quickly looked away.   

  After realizing that he hadn't introduced himself to the other party, Lu Chaoli subconsciously turned his head to look at Jiang Li: "By the way, comrade, my name is Lu Chaoli, what's your name?"

  Lu Chaoli?

  Jiang Li was stunned.

  Taohua Village, Lu Chaoli.

  Jiang Li has basically confirmed Lu Chaoli's identity.

  Tsk tsk, you run into a soldier who you want to capture at the beginning!

  "My name is Jiang Li."

  "Jiang Li." Lu Chaoli whispered Jiang Li's name, and then said: "Then I will call you Comrade Xiao Jiang from now on!"

  Jiang Li raised her eyebrows and smiled: "Okay, Comrade Xiao Lu."

  Zhang Bo laughed after hearing the conversation between the two, and couldn't help but sighed: "It's great to be young!"

  Zhang Bo suddenly remembered the past. He remembered that when he and his wife first met, they were about the same age as Chaoli and Comrade Xiao Jiang. At that time, they also called each other comrades, but as time passed, those unforgettable days had long become memories.

  Now he didn't know what had happened. His wife no longer spoke in a gentle voice like before. When she spoke in a loud voice, the whole street could hear it clearly. If he was scolded by his wife, he would be teased by them when he saw the village gate the next day.

  There was no way. His wife's voice was too loud. He couldn't hide it. He couldn't hide it at all!

  After sitting on the ox cart, Jiang Li finally didn't have to travel with blisters on her head, and her sore legs were relieved.

  It was noon now, and the sun was very hot. Jiang Li's face was getting redder and sweat was dripping down her temples.

  Jiang Li took out a handkerchief from her pocket and wiped the sweat off her face. Lu Chaoli then noticed that she was not wearing a hat, and quickly took off the sun hat on his head.

  "Comrade Xiao Jiang, put it on quickly. The sun is too strong. Be careful of sunburn!"

  Seeing the hat handed over by Lu Chaoli, Jiang Li waved her hand and refused: "No, no, you wear it yourself."

  Seeing that she was polite to him, Lu Chaoli raised his head and put the hat on Jiang Li's head to shield her from the scorching sun.

  "I am a grown man and I am not afraid of the sun. Comrade Xiao Jiang, don't be polite to me in the future."

  If his mother hadn't stuffed the hat into his hands before leaving, he would not have remembered to wear it.

  With Lu Chaoli's words, Jiang Li didn't continue to refuse and thanked Lu Chaoli.

  Boom!

  A muffled thunder suddenly sounded in the sky that was originally unusually clear, and then a cool breeze blew, almost blowing the hat on Jiang Li's head away.

  Jiang Li hurriedly pressed the hat on his head, fearing that it would be blown away by the strong wind.

  I thought it would be cloudy after the muffled thunder, but the halo on the top of my head was still very large. In addition to a slight cool breeze, the weather was still very dry.

  Seeing that Jiang Li had been holding the hat on her head, Lu Chaoli smiled helplessly and raised his hand to tighten the hat string on her chin.

  "This way you don't have to worry about the hat being blown away by the wind."

  Lu Chaoli explained while carefully tightening the hat string for Jiang Li. For fear of strangling Jiang Li, Lu Chaoli did not dare to move too much.

  When adjusting the hat string for Jiang Li, Lu Chaoli's fingers accidentally touched the delicate skin on her chin, and his fingers instantly became hot.

  Jiang Li lowered her eyes and looked at the hand that was adjusting the hat string for her. Her crow-like eyelashes swept down, leaving a light shadow at the bottom of her eyes.

  Lu Chaoli's hat on Jiang Li's head made her palm-sized face look even smaller.

  The ox cart soon arrived at the entrance of the village, and Lu Chaoli jumped off the ox cart as soon as possible.

  "Uncle Zhang, go back first. I'll take Comrade Xiao Jiang back to the educated youth institute."

   The new world is here, and it's still a sweet story!

    (End of this chapter)