The Misogyny Emperor vs. the Wife of a Powerful Official (05)

Madam Zhou sent people to Jiang's house to call for someone, and also sent people to look at the door. I'm afraid she can't wait any longer, right?

  Before she saw anyone, Jiang Li could already imagine Madam Zhou's impatient face.

  Jiang Li passed Hongqu and walked towards the general's house without even giving her an extra glance.

  The sudden change made Hongqu's eyes widen in disbelief.

  ???

  Is this the young lady? !

  Hongqu was full of question marks, and couldn't believe Jiang Li's attitude towards her.

  Jiang Li wanted to please Madam Zhou, and always obeyed her words, not daring to contradict her. As the big maid next to Madam Zhou, Hongqu usually gave Jiang Li a lot of disrespect, but Jiang Li silently endured it and didn't dare to offend her.

  Over time, Hongqu also got used to calling Jiang Li here and there, and the behavior of using the master at will made Hongqu, as a maid, feel very satisfied!

  When Hongqu came from the main hall, she had already thought of a way to make Jiang Li grateful to her, and to ask for some benefits from her. However, Jiang Li's sudden change made Hongqu feel uncomfortable.

  Hongqu gritted her teeth, turned her head and looked at Jiang Li who walked into the mansion with a sinister look. She was still not recovered and immediately followed with heavy breath.

  "Madam, wait for me!"

  Jiang Li did not stop, pretending not to hear Hongqu barking behind her.

  When the two figures appeared in Madam Zhou's sight one after another, her eyes lit up. She wanted to get up to greet them, but she sat back down.

  Madam Zhou looked at Jiang Li with displeasure, as if she wanted to stare a hole in her.

  If she didn't teach this little hoof a lesson today, this little hoof would probably not take her seriously in the future!

  Going to Jiang's house to get something was so slow, making her wait for a long time, it was really unreasonable!

  The daughters of merchants have no rules!

  When they arrived at the main hall, Hongqu quickened her pace and walked in first, heading straight towards Madam Zhou who was sitting in the main seat.

  When she came to Madam Zhou's side, she bent down and whispered something, but Madam Zhou looked at Jiang Li with even more displeasure.

  Jiang Li naturally noticed Madam Zhou's gaze, and walked to the main hall without changing her expression. As soon as she stepped into the main hall, Madam Zhou's voice rang out in front of her.

  "Why are you back at this time?"

  Madam Zhou frowned and asked, while Hongqu stood beside Madam Zhou and looked at Jiang Li with a smug look on her face, as if she dared to ignore me and let me deal with you.

  Jiang Li ignored the displeasure in Madam Zhou's eyes and sat down casually.

  Madam Zhou widened her eyes in disbelief, unable to believe that Jiang Li dared to ignore her.

  "Hey, you little bitch, I'm asking you a question. Is this how you treat your mother-in-law? The daughters raised by the Jiang family are really ill-educated!"

  Jiang Li looked at Madam Zhou with a gloomy look: "Open your mouth, little bitch, shut up, little bitch, I don't see how the education of the general's family is good."

  "You, you, you dare to talk back to me?"

  Madam Zhou sat up straight and looked at Jiang Li as if she had seen a ghost.

  Hongqu was also shocked. She never expected that Jiang Li had just returned to the Jiang family and his attitude towards her would change 180 degrees. Now he even dared to talk back to the lady!

  "I'm just telling the truth, how can it be called talking back?"

  Jiang Li asked instead of answering, looking at Madam Zhou with a smile, completely different from the humble flattery before.   

  Madam Zhou narrowed her inverted triangle eyes slightly and looked Jiang Li up and down.

  No matter how she looked at Jiang Li, she felt no guilt. The original owner was a free and easy person, but after marrying into the general's mansion, she was overwhelmed by love and became humble, so she didn't worry that Madam Zhou would see any clues. 

  Sure enough, after a thorough inspection, Madam Zhou could see that something was wrong. The person was still the same person, but she felt a little strange.

  "What's the matter with the mother-in-law calling me here? If there's nothing else, I'll go back first."

  Jiang Li yawned and stood up regardless of Madam Zhou's cannibalistic expression.

  Pa--

  Madam Zhou slammed her hand on the table and said sternly: "Stop! Did I let you go?"

  Jiang Li paused and raised her eyebrows: "It's dark, and you're going to feed me if I don't leave?"

  Since marrying into the general's mansion, Jiang Li has been eating alone in Nanyuan, and has not been at the same table with Madam Zhou and others.

  Madam Zhou wanted to seize Jiang Li's property, but she also despised her identity as a merchant's daughter. As the saying goes, out of sight, out of mind. She only let Jiang Li come to the front yard when she needed her. The rest of the time, Jiang Li stayed in the South Garden to learn needlework, chess, calligraphy and painting, which were the skills of young ladies from noble families.

  Madam Zhou was very concerned about her reputation. She liked to chat with the ladies from noble families. She was afraid that the ladies from noble families would use Jiang Li's identity to make trouble for the general's mansion, so she ordered her to learn more from the young ladies from noble families and to show up less.

  Madam Zhou choked when she heard this, and her eyebrows jumped. She was afraid that she would faint from anger, so she took two deep breaths.

  Seeing that Jiang Li was about to go out again, Madam Zhou hurriedly asked in a deep voice: "Have you got the deed to the clothing store in the south of the city?"

  Jiang Li went to Jiang's mansion today because she was dragged by Madam Zhou to ask Jiang's father for the deed to the clothing store in the south of the city.

  In the morning, when Madam Zhou was having a small gathering with the ladies of the aristocratic families, she heard them mention the ready-made clothing shop in the south of the city. They praised the shop for its many styles of clothes and fine workmanship. They also said that Madam Zhou was lucky to have the daughter of the richest man in Jiangnan as her daughter-in-law. In the future, she would not have to worry about clothes and jewelry at all. She could have as many as she wanted.

  Madam Zhou was flattered by everyone's praise and enjoyed the envy of everyone. In order to let everyone continue to flatter her, she boasted that the shop had now been transferred to her name and that she could give discounts to the ladies when they came to the shop to buy clothes in the future. 

  You have to make up for what you boasted.

  But Madam Zhou was not afraid of the wind being too strong and her tongue flicked. She wanted the deed of the shop, but it was just a matter of words. After returning home, she called Jiang Li and asked her to go back to the Jiang Mansion to get the deed.

  Jiang Li turned to look at Madam Zhou: "The deed has always been with me."

  Madam Zhou's eyes lit up: "Why don't you take it out now!"

  "But I forgot where I put it. I was thinking about it when I came back just now, but now I'm annoyed by the noisy voice of my mother-in-law and I've forgotten it. I'll go back and have a sleep first, maybe I'll remember it after I'm fully rested."

  Jiang Li crossed her arms and said in a tone that was infuriating.

  "You!"

  "If you have nothing else to do, I'll take my leave first."

  Jiang Li didn't give Madam Zhou a chance to speak, turned and walked out the door, and suddenly stopped when she was about to step out of the door.

  "By the way, I'm the only one who knows where the deed is. Others can't find it even if they dig three feet underground. I hope my mother-in-law won't waste her time. My mouth has always been leaky. If one day I accidentally expose my mother-in-law's lies in front of those ladies, tut tut..."