The Misogyny Emperor vs. the Wife of a Powerful Official (40)

When the bell rang, the accountant and another man looked over. Their eyes were fierce and murderous. 

  They walked into the inner room.

  Hearing the footsteps getting closer and closer, Jiang Li became anxious. She took a deep breath and her heart began to beat wildly.

  She forced herself to calm down and continue to look for a hiding place in the room. However, there was only a bed in the inner room besides the curtain in front of her.

  Jiang Li gritted her teeth. Today was really a bad start!

  Now that she had been discovered, and there was no place for her to hide in the room, Jiang Li had already made the worst plan and quickly bought some mist powder from the mall, intending to use the mist powder to escape later.

  The footsteps in the room were getting closer and closer, and Jiang Li's heart was lifted.

  She swallowed unconsciously and tightly grasped the mist powder in her hand. At this moment, an arm suddenly stretched out from behind and covered her mouth, and then her body was lifted into the air! !

  Jiang Li's eyes widened and her pupils suddenly shrank. She dared not make a sound and could only let the mysterious man behind her take her away from where she was!

  Swish -

  Jiang Li was just taken away, and then the accountant came to the curtain where she had just hidden and pulled it open!

  "No?"

  The accountant exclaimed in a hoarse voice, and then looked around the inner room.

  The masked man behind him had a slightly heavy breath, standing in front of the curtain and looking around with a serious look.

  The accountant walked around the inner room and searched all the places where people could hide. Even though he knew that the man could not hide in the bedside cabinet in such a short time, he still lifted all the quilts on the bed and opened the bedside cabinet to check it out.

  As expected, the bedside cabinet was empty.

  The last place where he could hide had been checked by him, and there was indeed no one in the inner room.

  The masked man walked to the half-closed window and opened it, but behind the window was the abandoned backyard of Jinse Building. Looking around, there was no shadow except for the weeds.

  The moment the masked man turned around, the accountant shook his head at him, indicating that no one was in the room.

  The bell was ringing clearly just now, and they couldn't have heard it wrong, so the two of them were sure that there must be a third person in the room besides them!

  Where did he hide?

  Just when the two were puzzled--

  "Meow~"

  A cat's cry came, and the two of them turned their heads to look at the source of the sound, and saw a civet cat lying on the bed curtains looking down at them.

  "Meow~"

  The civet cat called to them again, which completely dispelled the doubts in their hearts.

  "It turned out to be a cat."

  The masked man spoke slowly, and it was not difficult to hear from his voice that he was relieved.

  "Let's go."

  After confirming that no one was in the room, the masked man walked out of the inner room first.

  The accountant followed behind him and looked around the room again before leaving.

  At that time, Jiang Li, who disappeared out of thin air, was hugging Shen Tingsi's shoulders tightly, hanging her whole body on him.

  Shen Tingsi held Jiang Li's waist with one hand and held the window sill with the other hand, supporting the weight of the two of them with one hand.

  Just now, he saw Jiang Li enter the room alone, and followed her all the way for fear that something happened to her. 

  Just as he was about to push the door open, he heard the conversation between the masked man and the accountant in the room. He saw Jiang Li enter the room with his own eyes, so he had to find another place to sneak into the room and take her away before Jiang Li was discovered.

  Fortunately, everything was in time, and the two of them got away successfully.

  Jiang Li passed her arms under Shen Tingsi's armpits, tightly wrapped around his shoulders, and her whole body was tightly pressed against him.   

  Tightly fitting, close and intimate.

  Before she was sure whether the masked man and the accountant had left, Jiang Li did not dare to speak, fearing that their whereabouts would be exposed and Shen Tingsi would be implicated. 

  But Shen Tingsi, who could hear everything, knew that the masked man and the accountant had left long ago.

  He knew, but he did not say it.

  Just like that, he kept hugging Jiang Li.

  Jiang Li's little face was pressed against Shen Tingsi's chest, listening to his strong heartbeat.

  The floors of Jinse Building were high. Although the two were on the second floor at this time, they were ten meters away from the ground.

  Jiang Li lowered her eyes and looked at the ground. She was a little afraid of heights, so she shrank her neck and quickly closed her eyes.

  Shen Tingsi kept looking at her with his eyes down, and curved his mouth corners after seeing Jiang Li's little expression.

  The girl had a beautiful face, delicate eyebrows and eyes, and her crow-like eyelashes trembled slightly because of fear. Her nose was straight, and her lips were slightly pursed, as if a red tassel was just blooming. 

  Shen Tingsi's eyes were deep, and when he looked at Jiang Li, there was a touch of emotion he had never had before.

  Jiang Li's hands were sore. She looked up at Shen Tingsi and whispered, "Mr. Shen, are they gone?"

  When the almond eyes that seemed to crush the starlight looked at Shen Tingsi, his heart seemed to be hit by something.

  Shen Tingsi wanted to deny it, but after meeting Jiang Li's gaze, he couldn't tell the lie on his lips.

  "Yes, they left."

  "Let's go up quickly while there is no one around. Mr. Shen's hand must have been numb a long time ago, right?"

  Jiang Li looked at Shen Tingsi with some concern. The latter nodded slightly, tightened his hand around Jiang Li's waist slightly, and used Qinggong to take her back to the room. Jiang Li

  didn't breathe a sigh of relief until her body landed steadily: "I'm sorry to trouble Mr. Shen. Is your hand okay?"

  Jiang Li said as she grabbed Shen Tingsi's hand and checked it.

  Due to the emergency, Shen Tingsi's hand was worn out, and the bright red blood seeped out of his flesh.

  "Mr. Shen, wait a moment. I'll go find out if there's any medicine in the room."

  Jiang Li said as she walked to the shelf in front and pretended to search through it. She exchanged a bottle of medicine from the mall and held it in her hand.

  "Here's the medicine. I'll treat Mr. Shen's wound first."

  Jiang Li said as she took out a handkerchief and gently wiped the blood off Shen Tingsi's palm. Shen Tingsi himself remained calm, but Jiang Li's eyebrows were tightly knitted together.

  She carefully wiped the blood off the wound and opened the medicine. Before applying the medicine, she looked up at Shen Tingsi.

  "It will hurt a little. Mr. Shen, bear with it."

  Jiang Li said as she lowered her head again and sprinkled the medicine on the wound on Shen Tingsi's palm little by little.

  The wound was instantly covered with white powder. After applying the medicine, Jiang Li folded her handkerchief again and gently wrapped it around Shen Tingsi's hand.

  "Remember to change the medicine once a day before the scab forms. Don't touch water during this period."

  Jiang Li reminded again, her voice muffled, with a bit of self-blame on her face.

  Seeing her beautiful eyebrows slightly frowned because of self-blame, Shen Tingsi pursed his lips and subconsciously raised his hand to smooth her frowned eyebrows.

  After realizing this action, both of them were stunned.

  Shen Tingsi was about to comfort himself when a burst of hurried footsteps came from outside the door...

  Hey, let's update early today, darlings, please vote and give five stars!