The Misogyny Emperor vs. the Wife of a Powerful Official (14)

"It smells so good. Grandmother just said that Heng'er will be able to eat these things every day in the future. Is that true?"

  Zhou Zhiheng asked vaguely while stuffing the braised pork into his mouth.

  Zhou Qingyuan's back stiffened, and he paused while picking up the meat for Zhou Zhiyao. His heart was immediately alarmed.

  After learning that His Majesty was going to visit Jiangnan incognito,

  Zhou Qingyuan reminded Madam Zhou several times not to talk nonsense. He reminded her again when they set out for Jiang'an this morning. 

  Fearing that Madam Zhou would say something wrong, Zhou Qingyuan pretended to be slightly angry and said, "Heng'er, what did your father teach you usually? No matter how delicious the food is, you can't be greedy. There are so many people who can't even get a bite of rice. How can you eat fish and meat every day and waste it?"

  Zhou Qingyuan frowned and looked at Zhou Zhiheng without blinking.

  Seeing Zhou Qingyuan's serious expression, Zhou Zhiheng burst into tears.

  "Oh, my dear grandson, why are you crying? Don't cry, don't cry, come here and let your grandma hug you."

  Madam Zhou held Zhou Zhiheng in her arms with a distressed look on her face, and wiped the tears from the corners of his eyes.

  "Qingyuan, what are you doing? Heng'er is just a five-year-old child, why are you yelling at him?"

  Madam Zhou glared at Zhou Qingyuan angrily, and was particularly dissatisfied with his abnormal behavior today.

  "Mother, it is precisely because he is still young that he can't be spoiled. After Qingshu passed away, the children had no one to take care of them, so I temporarily handed them over to my father-in-law and mother-in-law to take care of them. I didn't expect that he would be spoiled like this in just one year. If I don't change his temper now, I don't know what trouble he will cause in the future!"

  Zhou Qingyuan pursed his thin lips, confronted Madam Zhou with a face full of anger, and didn't give in at all.

  "You, you are simply unreasonable! I warn you that if you dare to lose your temper with my dear grandson again in the future, don't blame me for being rude to you!"

  Madam Zhou glared at Zhou Qingyuan angrily, scolded him, and stood up with Zhou Zhiheng in her arms.

  "Come on, dear grandson, we won't eat at the same table with him. Grandmother will take you to the kitchen!"

  Madam Zhou snorted coldly, and left the dining room with Zhou Zhiheng in her arms.

  "Mother, mother!"

  No matter how Zhou Qingyuan called out from behind, Madam Zhou didn't turn around, but instead quickened her pace. As she walked, the flesh on her waist trembled.

  Zhou Qingyuan looked at Madam Zhou's departing back with a helpless look on his face, and said to Shen Tingsi: "I'm sorry to make you laugh, Mr. Shen. I will talk to my mother and the child later."

  "It doesn't matter. It's not a matter of a day or a night to teach a child. Mr. Zhou has worked hard in the frontier these years."

  "This is... what I should do."

  Zhou Qingyuan almost let it slip in excitement, and quickly swallowed the word "minister" that was about to come to his mouth.

  Shen Tingsi had a meal on the sail, and now he didn't have much appetite. He ate a few bites and went to his residence.

  Shen Tingsi always liked quietness, and Zhou Qingyuan was afraid that the servants in the mansion would bump into him without knowing how to do it, so he arranged his residence in a secluded bamboo garden.

  On the way to Bamboo Garden, you will pass through Nanyuan. Since Jiang Li moved in, the remote Nanyuan has been kept clean by Qingzhu. Qingzhu knows that her daughter likes flowers, so she bought a lot of potted plants and placed them in the yard. 

  The desolate and dilapidated courtyard is now cleaned by Qingzhu. Various flowers are placed in the courtyard, which adds a touch of fireworks to the courtyard, making the whole courtyard look unique.

  When passing by Nanyuan, Shen Tingsi's eyes were attracted by the scenery in the courtyard, and he subconsciously stopped and looked inside.

  Zhou Qingyuan also stopped and explained: "This is my wife's residence. My wife likes quietness, so she moved to the secluded Nanyuan."

  If Shen Tingsi hadn't stopped in front of Nanyuan today, Zhou Qingyuan would not have planned to introduce Jiang Li to him. When he said the word "wife" just now, his tone was also slightly alienated.

  "Yeah."

  Shen Tingsi was not interested in Zhou Qingyuan's family affairs. After taking a look at the scenery in the courtyard, he continued to walk towards Bamboo Garden.

  Jiang Li was not in Nanyuan at this time. After Zhou Qingyuan and others returned home, she did not follow them, but followed Qingzhu to the jewelry shop.   

  "Miss Jiang, the jade pendant has been repaired. Please take a look at it."

  The craftsman who repaired the jewelry came to Jiang Li with the repaired jade pendant.

  Jiang Li, who was sitting at the guest table drinking tea, put the teacup aside after seeing the jade pendant in the craftsman's hand, and reached out to take the jade pendant he handed over.

  Qingzhu behind him also came forward to take a closer look at the originally broken jade pendant. When he saw the jade pendant with almost no cracks, he widened his eyes and exclaimed.

  "Miss, this, this, this, there is actually no trace at all!"

  Jiang Li weighed the jade pendant and looked up at the craftsman in front of her: "Master, you have good craftsmanship."

  The craftsman smiled and said, "Miss Jiang, you are too kind. My craftsmanship is not even half as good as that of the master of Jingchai Pavilion!"

  "Master, you are too modest. Since the jade pendant has been repaired, I will not disturb you from doing business. Goodbye."

  Jiang Li stood up from his seat after speaking. Qingzhu quickly took out the silver from his arms and put it on the table, and followed him with a bang.

  "Miss, where are we going next?"

  "Pawnshop."

  Jiang Li put her hands behind her back and walked through the crowd on the street towards the pawnshop in front.

  Qingzhu scratched her head in confusion: "Pawnshop? Miss, do you want to pawn something?"

  Jiang Li deliberately kept Qingzhu, a silly girl, in suspense: "You'll know when you get there."

  "Miss, Miss, tell me now."

  Qingzhu hurriedly chased after her. The less Jiang Li said, the more curious she became.

  When they arrived at the pawnshop and saw what Jiang Li handed to the boss, Qingzhu's curiosity was instantly replaced by shock. After exchanging the things for silver notes, Jiang Li dragged Qingzhu, who was stunned in the same place, out of the pawnshop.

  "Here, keep the silver notes."

  Jiang Li handed the silver notes in her hand to Qingzhu for safekeeping.

  "No, Miss, why did you pawn those two jade pendants? Aren't those the gift given by the master and the mistress to the two children?"

  Qingzhu didn't come back to her senses until Jiang Li stuffed the silver notes into Qingzhu's hands.

  Jiang Li shrugged: "You saw it just now. They didn't want it and smashed the jade pendant to the ground. This is the money that my parents worked hard to earn. I feel sorry for them even if they don't. So it's better to change it into silver and put it in my pocket."

  Qingzhu blinked, as if... is this the case?

  "But didn't the madam ask the young lady to give the jade pendant to the two children?"

  "That's why I didn't go to the Jingchai Pavilion and went to another jewelry store to repair the jade pendant. Okay, mother won't know. Come on, let me go to the front and take a look."

  -

  At that time, Shen Tingsi also settled down in Zhuyuan.

  Zhou Qingyuan sent Shen Tingsi to Zhuyuan and then left first.

  After Zhou Qingyuan left, the servant asked what he had been holding in his heart.

  "Master, what happened to that woman just now?"

   My dears, the male protagonist of this small world came out a little late, and there will be more interactions in the future. The previous ones are all foreshadowing, paving the way for the end of the general's mansion in the future

    (end of this chapter)