Retired Soldier vs. Delicate Educated Youth (61)

Jiang Li blushed, turned her head and looked at Lu Chaoli beside her. After seeing his handsome face, she glared at him, as if to say: Mom is still here!

  Lu Chaoli smiled shyly, not caring that Lu's mother was also in the kitchen.

  Jiang Li turned her head to look at Lu's mother with a guilty conscience. Lu's mother had already lowered her head and stir-fried the dishes in the pot, pretending to be busy.

  After making sure that Lu's mother was not looking this way, Jiang Li reached out and touched Lu Chaoli's waist and twisted it hard!

  "Hiss--"

  Lu Chaoli took a breath and looked at Jiang Li with a wronged face. His wife was really cruel!

  Lu's mother, who was standing aside, saw the little movements of the two people from the corner of her eye. She couldn't pretend to be busy anymore. She knew that it would be a bit disappointing to speak out at this time, but the dishes in the pot would be rotten if they were fried again! !

  "Chaoli, bring a plate to your mother."

  "Here I come!"

  The silent battle between Lu Chaoli and Jiang Li ended with Lu's mother speaking.

  Lu Chaoli quickly handed over a plate, then picked up the knife on the chopping board: "I'll go and prepare the fish, and then mom will make braised carp. Dad loves the braised carp made by mom the most!"

  "Okay, okay, I'll do whatever you say. Today is your dad's birthday, let him be the head of the family for a day!"

  When Lu's father heard this, he was so excited that he ran to the kitchen door: "His mother, are you serious? Are you really going to let me be the head of the family today?"

  Lu's mother glanced at Lu's father with a spoon: "How can it be false? When did I stop keeping my word?"

  "Okay, then I'll go to Lao Wang's house next door and get a bottle of peach blossom wine!"

  After saying this, Lu's father turned around and ran out, not giving Lu's mother a chance to refuse.

  Lu's mother twitched her mouth and said unhappily: "Look at how useless he is!" 

  Lu Chaoli and Jiang Li looked at each other, and finally knew who Lu Chaoli inherited the habit of being a henpecked man from.

  A hereditary henpecked man!

  Lu Chaoli took a kitchen knife and went to the yard to deal with the carp. After Jiang Li finished picking the vegetables, she also walked out of the kitchen to wash the vegetables in the yard.

  Today is Lu's father's birthday. In addition to buying a new set of clothes and new shoes for Lu's father, Jiang Li plans to make a bowl of longevity noodles for Lu's father.

  The side dishes have been prepared. After cleaning and waiting for Lu's mother to finish cooking the dishes, you can put the noodles in the pot.

  Seeing Jiang Li come out, Lu Chaoli, who wanted to be close to his wife, moved to her side and handled the carp in his hand with swift movements.

  "There is a new restaurant in the town. I heard that the taste is not bad. I will take you to eat it next time I go to the town."

  Lu Chaoli lowered his head to deal with the fish in his hand while chatting with Jiang Li.

  "Restaurant?"

  "Yes, I will tell my mother that I want to eat it and ask you to accompany me."

  Without waiting for Jiang Li to speak, Lu Chaoli took the initiative to act as a middleman between the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.

  Jiang Li stopped washing vegetables and looked at Lu Chaoli beside her. Her heart was warmed by his subconscious action, and her red lips curled up.

  After Lu Chaoli cleaned the fish scales, he took a kitchen knife and cut open the fish belly. Blood immediately flowed out along the knife.

  The yard was instantly filled with the smell of blood. Jiang Li, whose eyes fell on Lu Chaoli, subconsciously looked at the carp in his hand. When she saw the fish belly gushing with blood, her stomach churned instantly!

  "Ugh!"

  Jiang Li put down the vegetables in her hand, covered her mouth and ran to the side, retching.

  "Xiao Jiang, Xiao Jiang, what's wrong with you?"

  Lu Chaoli threw away the fish and kitchen knife in his hand and ran towards Jiang Li.

  Hearing the noise, Lu's mother also came out of the kitchen: "What's going on? What's wrong with Xiao Jiang?"

  Lu Chaoli bent down and came to Jiang Li's side. He looked at Jiang Li who was vomiting acid with a nervous face. He wanted to smooth her back, but he took it back after seeing his hands covered with fish blood.

  "Xiao Jiang, Xiao Jiang, what's wrong with you? Are you feeling uncomfortable?"

  Mother Lu ran to Jiang Li and stroked her back, looking at her with a worried look on her face.   

  Jiang Li covered her chest with one hand and waved to Lu's mother with the other hand: "Mom, I'm fine, don't worry."

  Then she vomited again.

  "Wife, wife, what's wrong with you? Don't scare me!"

  Looking at Jiang Li's pale face, Lu Chaoli's voice trembled anxiously.

  Lu's mother noticed that Lu Chaoli's hands were covered with blood, and hurriedly pushed Lu Chaoli: "It must be the blood on your hands that scared Xiao Jiang, why don't you wash it!"

  "I, I'll go now!"

  Lu Chaoli looked at the blood on his hands, staggered to the water tank and washed his hands.

  Thinking that it might be because he had just killed the fish and scared Jiang Li, Lu Chaoli looked at himself, changed the water several times when washing his hands, and threw the carp into the basin and took it aside. After doing all this, he just approached Jiang Li.

  "Wife, are you feeling better? Let's go to the clinic in town!"

  Lu Chaoli grabbed Jiang Li's arm and looked at her with a worried look.

  "I'm fine, I'll be fine in a while."

  Jiang Li waved her hand, and she felt much better after vomiting out all the acid in her stomach.

  Lu Chaoli was still worried and insisted on taking Jiang Li to the clinic in town.

  "It will take a lot of time to go to the clinic just on the way. Chaoli, go and call your uncle Liu to check Xiao Jiang's pulse!"

  Mother Lu gave an order, and then helped Jiang Li stand up.

  "Okay, I'll go call Uncle Liu right away!"

  Lu Chaoli didn't dare to delay and ran to Uncle Liu's house.

  Mother Lu took Jiang Li's arm, with worry flashing in her eyes: "Xiao Jiang, go slowly, mother will help you go back to the house and sit down slowly. Uncle Liu can check your pulse. Let him check it out later. If you still feel uncomfortable, we will go to the clinic to get some medicine."

  "Mom, I'm fine, don't worry, I'm much better now."

  Jiang Li patted Mother Lu's hand to comfort her, and pulled the corner of her mouth for fear that Mother Lu would worry.

  Jiang Li had just returned to the house to drink a glass of water when Lu Chaoli brought Uncle Liu back.

  "Put me down, Chaoli, put me down!"

  Uncle Liu's cry came from outside the yard. Uncle Liu was old and slow, so he was carried all the way by Lu Chaoli.

  It would be fine if he was just carried, but he ran all the way, and Uncle Liu's old bones were about to fall apart!

  "Uncle Liu is here, come in and take a look at Xiao Jiang, I don't know what happened to this child, he just vomited suddenly."

  After hearing Uncle Liu's voice, Lu's mother hurried out to greet him. Lu Chaoli carried Uncle Liu into the house and waited until he came to Jiang Li before putting him down.

  "Uncle Liu, come on, help my wife's pulse!"

  Lu Chaoli, who had run all the way back, looked at Jiang Li breathlessly, and didn't even bother to wipe the sweat on his head.

  "Okay, okay, don't worry, don't worry, I'll take Xiao Jiang's pulse right away!"

  Uncle Liu knew that Lu Chaoli was worried about his wife, so he quickly sat on a chair and took Jiang Li's pulse.

  Uncle Liu, who was calm and composed, was startled when he felt Jiang Li's pulse. He looked at her in shock, sat up straight and felt her pulse again.

  "Uncle Liu? What happened to Xiao Jiang? Don't scare me!"

  Lu Chaoli saw Uncle Liu's actions and expressions, and his heart began to beat wildly.

  Uncle Liu looked at Lu Chaoli with a smile: "Nothing, your wife is pregnant!"