Crazy and Heirless Tyrant vs. Delicate and Weak Little Eunuch (57)

Marquis Xuanping did not stop at divorcing his wife and resigning from office. He actually rode away from Dongli on horseback!

  The people were all sighing in their hearts, wondering what had happened to turn the calm and reserved Marquis Xuanping into a madman overnight!

  There is no wall that is impenetrable, and the people soon found out the truth.

  After learning that the seemingly gentle and virtuous wife of the Marquis had secretly done something like poisoning her husband, the people who were originally still indignant for her instantly changed their attitude and turned public opinion to the side of Marquis Xuanping.

  Marquis Xuanping and his ex-wife became the after-dinner tea talk of the people of Dongli, but Marquis Xuanping could not hear these words. He had already resigned and rushed to Beiyue.

  The Emperor of Dongli tried hard to retain him. Marquis Xuanping had a very high status in the hearts of the people. Even if he became a nominal marquis, the people would feel at ease. However, Marquis Xuanping was determined to leave, and no matter how the emperor tried to retain him, he could not stay.

  In the end, we can only be thankful that the two countries have signed a peace agreement, and there will be no more wars for a hundred years.

  The journey from Dongli to Beiyue is long, and Xuanping Hou has traveled a long way. Every time he passes a town, he will stop to buy some small things, and give them to his grandson or granddaughter when he arrives in Beiyue.

  When Jiang Feng and his ex-wife fell out, he had already learned from his ex-wife what a hard life Jiang Li and her daughter had lived in recent years, and also learned that Shunhua had passed away long ago.

  If he hadn't left without saying goodbye, Shunhua would not have married someone else as a concubine while pregnant, and would not have suffered so much humiliation for nothing, and got sick at a young age.

  All this was caused by him, and he will live in self-blame and guilt for the rest of his life!

  Now he no longer expects his daughter to forgive him, and even he can't forgive himself. In the future, he just wants to make up for the only blood relative in the world in his own way.

  ——Today is the one-year-old ceremony for the Crown Prince and Princess. The brother and sister are wearing palace costumes that symbolize their status. They look like porcelain dolls and are very lovable. If it weren't for their status, everyone would want to pick up the two little people sitting on the blanket and give them a big kiss!

  The ministers and their families love the little prince and princess so much that they want to put all the treasures in the house in front of them for them to choose!

  "Your Highness, come, look here, do you like this?"

  "Your Highness, please look up at me!" The ministers surrounded the two little masters who were sitting on the blanket playing with the things in their hands, praying that the little masters would look up at them.

  Xiao Dengzi, who was closely accompanying the two little masters, raised his eyebrows and had to show off his skills to the ministers and their families.

  He took off the rattle on his waist and shook it twice, and the two little masters who had been lowering their heads instantly raised their heads!

  The ministers widened their eyes in disbelief. It turned out that all the treasures in their hands were not as good as the rattle in the hands of Xiao Dengzi's father-in-law!

  "Your Majesty has arrived, and the Empress has arrived—"

  Eunuch Su's voice sounded outside the palace, and the people who had originally surrounded the two young masters returned to their seats and knelt down to salute.

  "Your Majesty, your Majesty, and the Empress, long live your Majesty, and long live the Empress!"

  Song Chengyin and Jiang Li came hand in hand. After seeing their father and mother, the little prince and the little princess threw away the things in their hands and crawled towards them excitedly.

  Just as they were about to crawl off the blanket to the ground, Jiang Li and Song Chengyin came in front of them. Song Chengyin directly picked up the two little guys from the ground with one hand.

  Jiang Li stretched out her hand to straighten the slightly crooked collars of the two children, pretending to be angry: "You two little guys, you don't even want your father and mother when you play." 

  In the past, when the palace servants took them out to play, they would cry after playing for a while, and they would not stop crying unless they were sent to their father and mother. Now, Xiao Dengzi has brought them out for half an hour, and the two little guys are still laughing!   

  Song Shiyan and Song Shiyi waved their hands to make their mother happy, and they looked very hard.

  "Okay, okay, I know you two little ghosts are very clever. Since you are the protagonists today, your mother will forgive you."

  Jiang Li pinched the little faces of the two children and put them back on the blanket with Song Chengyin.

  The opposite side of the blanket was filled with various things for the "Zhuazhou" ceremony, including the four treasures of the study, gold and silver ingots, abacus, etc. Of course, the most precious imperial seal was also placed on it.

  Song Chengyin put the two children on the other side of the blanket. The siblings who left their father's arms looked at each other in confusion, and then stretched out their chubby little hands to touch the cinnabar mark on each other's forehead.

  The ministers laughed when they saw this, saying that the princess and the prince were really a pair of happy little enemies. The old mother Jiang Li and the old father Song Chengyin looked at each other, their eyes full of helplessness. They were about to guide the two children to do the "Zhuazhou" ceremony, when a guard hurried over.

  "Your Majesty, your Majesty! Just now someone came from outside the palace and said that he wanted his subordinates to give these things to the Queen!"

  The guard knelt in front of the palace, holding a bundle in both hands.

  Jiang Li's eyes flickered slightly, and he probably guessed something, and said calmly: "Bring it here."

  "Yes!"

  The moment the guard came to Jiang Li, Xiao Dengzi hurriedly took the bundle from the guard's hand and opened it under everyone's curiosity.

  A large number of toys that children like suddenly came into everyone's sight. There were not only toys, but also some treasures that looked priceless!

  Who was so generous? He actually sent these without showing his face?

  The ministers couldn't guess why, but Song Chengyin and Jiang Li guessed that the person who sent these things was Jiang Feng.

  Jiang Feng didn't have the face to see Jiang Li again, so he had to silently hand over the things prepared for his grandchildren to the guards on duty in front of the palace gate, and left in a hurry after doing all this.

  Children grow up quickly, and when they grow up, these little toys will not be in their eyes, so he has to find some other things!

  At Jiang Li's instruction, Xiao Dengzi also placed all the things that Jiang Feng had sent on the blanket.

  "Yier, Yan'er, come quickly, come to your mother."

  In order to guide the two children to do the one-year-old ceremony, Jiang Li squatted directly in front of the two children and opened her arms to them. Seeing this, Song Chengyin also squatted beside Jiang Li and clapped his hands at the two children opposite.

  Song Shiyan and Song Shiyi's eyes were attracted by their father and mother. They giggled and crawled forward with their hands and feet.

  With everyone's expectations, the two little guys finally crawled to the pile of things that had been arranged. The attention of the siblings was instantly attracted by the things in front of them. They lay on the blanket and began to choose from the pile of things in front of them.

  Everyone held their breath and stared at the two little balls lying on the blanket without blinking, wanting to see what they would pick up in the end.

  (End of this chapter)