Retired Soldier vs. Delicate Educated Youth (08)

After seeing Lu Chaoli's smile, the brothers who were about to ask him when he was going to get married widened their eyes and stopped talking.

  Lu Chaoli raised his hand and touched the corner of his mouth: "Am I smiling?"

  "Yeah!"

  The brothers nodded in unison.

  "Oh, Hu Zi is about to get married, I'm happy for him."

  Lu Chaoli lied seriously.

  The brothers shook their heads again: "I don't think so, boss, are you hiding something from us?"

  "Go away, why do you like to think about things like my mother?"

  Lu Chaoli glanced at the brothers beside him, then walked towards Hu Zi and helped him sort out the branches piled in the yard.

  The rest of the people stood there without moving.

  Tiezhu put his arm on the shoulder of Zhao Congwen beside him, touched his chin and analyzed secretly: "There must be something wrong when things are abnormal!"

  Zhao Congwen beside him looked at Tiezhu in surprise: "Who did you learn this saying from?"

  Tiezhu raised his little fist and punched Zhao Congwen's chest: "Go, is now the time to ask about this? The most important thing now is the boss!"

  Zhao Congwen scratched his head stupidly: "Boss? What's wrong with the boss? Isn't he in good health and eating delicious food?"

  Tiezhu rolled his eyes: "Come on, come on, by the time you find some clues, the opportunity will be gone!"

  After Tiezhu finished speaking, he walked to another brother: "Goudan, do you think the boss is a little abnormal today?"

  "Call me by my full name."

  Tiezhu choked and quickly changed his words: "Okay, okay, Brother Guofu, Brother Guofu, that's enough!"

  "That's more like it!" The man, whose full name is Li Guofu and nickname is Li Goudan, snorted coldly, and then said: "Could it be that he found out the cause of the piglet's death, and he was happy about Hu Zi's engagement?"

  Tiezhu immediately shook his head: "I don't think so."

  The eight people all looked at Tiezhu: "What's going on?"

  Tiezhu shrank his neck: "You, why are you looking at me? If I knew, would I need to ask you?"

  "Suspicious!"

  "Mad!"

  The brothers left Tiezhu these two sentences and continued to help.

  Tiezhu stroked his chin and looked at Lu Chaoli in front of him. Could it be that he was wrong?

  Then he shook his head again.

  Impossible!

  Men's intuition is always accurate. The boss must be hiding something from them!

  Thinking of this, Tiezhu rushed forward and began to get Lu Chaoli to say something, but if Lu's mother couldn't get it out, Tiezhu would be even less able to get it out.

  Lu Chaoli kept his mouth shut to everyone, and his mouth was tight!

  More people means faster work. In just one afternoon, a few people built a shed in Huzi's yard. They cleaned up the branches and carried them into the shed. The yard instantly became spacious and tidy.

  "Chao Li Tiezhu, come in quickly. You guys have worked hard. Auntie has cooked a few dishes. Eat before you leave!"

  Huzi's mother, who had been busy in the kitchen, came out after cooking.

  "Thank you brothers for your hard work today. Let's wash our hands and go inside to eat. There are many mosquitoes at night. Let's go inside to have a drink!"

  Huzi strode to the water tank and poured some water into the washbasin. He asked them to wash their hands and go inside to eat.

  "Ouch, what pricked me?"

  Tiezhu suddenly cried out in pain, lowered his head and raised his finger to his eyes.

  "What's wrong, brother Tiezhu?"   

  Hu Zi and Lu Chaoli came to Tiezhu and saw that Tiezhu's finger was scratched by something and blood was gushing out.

  "Why is it bleeding? Brother Tiezhu, wait a minute, I'll go get something to wipe it for you!"

  Hu Zi said and ran back to the house. Seeing this, Hu Zi's mother also hurried back to the house to get some medicine.

  "Oh, it's okay, it's just a small cut, don't worry about you!"

  Tiezhu smiled indifferently, but Hu Zi and Hu Zi's mother were worried, and they bandaged and applied medicine, and soon wrapped up the cut on Tiezhu's hand.

  "Brother Tiezhu, don't touch water with your hand for the next two days, wait until it scabs, then touch it."

  Hu Zi reminded again.

  Tiezhu showed his big white teeth: "I know, let's go, go in and have a drink!"

  When they were about to go in, Lu Chaoli suddenly said: "Auntie, Hu Zi, you guys eat first, I suddenly remembered that there is something at home!"

  After Lu Chaoli greeted him, he walked towards the door, and no matter how Hu Zi and others shouted, he didn't turn back.

  After leaving Huzi's house, Lu Chaoli walked back home quickly. When seeing Lu Chaoli, his father and mother were stunned.

  "Chaoli, why are you back? Have you eaten?"

  In the past, when Lu Chaoli and his brothers were together, they would eat and drink. Lu's mother thought that Lu Chaoli would have dinner at Huzi's house today, so she only made two portions.

  "I have eaten, mother, where is our medicine for injuries?"

  "Medicine? What's wrong? Are you injured?"

  When Lu's mother heard that Lu Chaoli was looking for medicine for injuries, she quickly stood up and came to him, looking him up and down.

  Lu Chaoli said without blushing, "It's not me, it's Tiezhu who was scratched by something at Huzi's house just now. I'll bring him a bottle of medicine for injuries!"

  "Wait, mother will find it for you right away!"

  After hearing that Tiezhu was injured, Lu's mother hurried back to the house to find medicine for injuries. After searching in the drawer, she soon came out with the medicine for injuries.

  "This is the wound medicine, hurry up and apply it to Tiezhu. This kid is really so careless. Why is he so careless?"

  "I know, mother. I'll go first!"

  Lu Chaoli took the wound medicine and turned to run out. Mother Lu didn't think much about it at first, but after sitting down, she started to grumble again.

  "This silly boy, if Tiezhu is injured, why can't he just ask Hu Zi's mother for the wound medicine? Why did he make a special trip from a long distance?"

  After getting the wound medicine, Lu Chaoli did not go to find Tiezhu, but went in the direction of the Youth Institute.

  He was careless. He only asked Comrade Xiao Jiang to prick the blisters and forgot to ask her if she had brought the wound medicine!

  As Mother Lu said, Lu Chaoli was careless and might not think about some things very carefully. For him, it was nothing to have blisters on his feet. It would only hurt for a few days and he would be fine. 

  So when he learned that Jiang Li had blisters on her feet, he didn't think too much about it. He just asked her to pick them up when he came back.

  It was not until he saw Hu Zi's mother applying wound medicine to Tiezhu that he realized that he had forgotten to ask Jiang Li if she had brought the wound medicine.

  It was June, and the sky had already darkened. The full moon hanging in the sky was exceptionally bright, and the cold moonlight spread on the ground, lighting the way for Lu Chaoli's feet.

  He did not slow down all the way, and quickly came to the gate

  of the Youth Educator's Home. The fence in front of the Youth Educator's Home had been closed. Lu Chaoli stood in front of the fence and was about to call for help, but he felt that his sudden arrival was a bit presumptuous.

  If the women in the village knew that he came to the Youth Educator's Home to find Comrade Xiao Jiang so late at night, they might talk about Comrade Xiao Jiang behind his back!

  He knew very well how talkative some women in the village were, and he didn't want Comrade Xiao Jiang to become the subject of their discussion!

  Thinking of this, Lu Chaoli clenched the medicine in his hand, intending to find an opportunity to hand the medicine to Jiang Li tomorrow.

  He had just turned around when a clear voice came from the yard.

  "Comrade Xiao Lu?"

  (End of this chapter)