The Misogyny Emperor vs. the Wife of a Powerful Official (02)

The woman's joyful voice came from outside the door, instantly pulling Jiang Li back to her thoughts.

  Jiang Li didn't have time to look at the room she was in, and subconsciously looked outside the door.

  "Slow down, Madam, walk slowly, your daughter won't fly away!"

  Another steady male voice came from outside the door, which made people feel at ease.

  "Li'er finally came back, I can't wait to see her!"

  The woman's voice was full of joy, and she quickened her pace and walked towards the main hall with a breeze.

  The footsteps from outside the door were getting closer and closer, and more and more urgent, and soon a figure came into Jiang Li's sight.

  The woman was dressed in luxurious clothes, with kind eyebrows and benevolent eyes. The smile in the corner of her eyes deepened when she saw Jiang Li.

  "Li'er, you are finally here, I missed you so much!"

  The person who came was Jiang Li's mother, the first lady in the Jiangnan noblewoman circle-Qin Fengwan.

  When she saw Jiang's mother, Jiang Li looked a little dazed and looked at her straight.

  Mother Jiang didn't notice the complex emotions flashing in Jiang Li's eyes, and walked towards her with a smile.

  When Mother Jiang came, Jiang Li also stood up from her seat. Mother Jiang came to her and hugged her tightly.

  "Li'er, you don't know how much I miss you these days!"

  It's ridiculous to say that the original owner was overwhelmed by love. Since she married into the general's mansion, she has been trying to please Zhou Qingyuan, Mrs. Zhou, and the two children left by Zhou Qingyuan's deceased wife. In order to get their approval, she has been busy all day long. 

  She is obviously in Jiangnan, but she doesn't even have time to come back to see Jiang's father and mother.

  Although the Jiang family is the richest in Jiangnan, they are not the kind of nouveau riche who got rich overnight. The family business was built bit by bit.

  Therefore, although they are a merchant family, the Jiang family is very polite.

  Jiang's father and mother knew that they couldn't always go to the mansion to disturb their daughter after she got married. Therefore, when they missed Jiang Li, they sent a servant to the general's mansion to inform the maids around Jiang Li, and did not go to disturb them in person.

  But every time Jiang Li refused with the reason that she couldn't get away, Jiang's father and mother were also helpless about this. When they really missed their daughter, they could only visit in person.

  But even though the two elders arrived at the general's mansion, the original owner didn't care about the reception and was always busy trying to please the Zhou family. 

  The original owner was raised in the palm of Jiang's father and mother's hand. After seeing the life of their daughter in the general's mansion, they naturally couldn't stand it and were picky everywhere. The two who were already dissatisfied with this marriage were even more dissatisfied with Zhou Qingyuan's family.

  Mrs. Zhou naturally wouldn't tolerate outsiders pointing fingers at their general's mansion. While enjoying the wealth of the Jiang family, she looked down on the Jiang family as a merchant.

  She always believed that the Jiang family was marrying up to their general's mansion, and treated the original owner's daughter-in-law harshly everywhere, and she didn't like it at all.

  Mrs. Zhou was dissatisfied with Jiang's father and mother's pickyness about the general's mansion, but she didn't dare to say it in front of them, for fear of losing the Jiang family's money tree, so she had to warn the original owner not to allow Jiang's father and mother to visit again.

  The original owner, who was bent on pleasing Madam Zhou, naturally obeyed her words. Since then, Jiang's father and mother have never come to the general's mansion again.

  Jiang's father and mother could not go to the general's mansion, and the original owner stayed in the general's mansion and did not come out. It has been a month since the two elders last saw their daughter. God knows how they survived this month.

  Jiang's mother hugged Jiang Li tightly. She was excited and sad when she saw her daughter.

  This is the daughter they have loved since she was a child, but now they can only see her once a month. Only Jiang's father and mother know the sadness.

  Jiang's mother's body temperature was transmitted to Jiang Li through her clothes. Jiang Li, who had lacked maternal love since childhood, stood stiffly in place, letting Jiang's mother hold her, feeling the hard-earned warmth.

  "Li'er, mother misses you so much. Since you are here today, can you stay and have a meal with your parents?"

  Jiang's mother held Jiang Li and discussed with her, with a pleading tone. Obviously, they were deeply affectionate by blood, but now even having a meal has become a luxury.

  Jiang Li nodded, slowly raised her hands and hugged Jiang's mother, her voice a little bitter: "I miss you too."

  Jiang's mother's eyes instantly turned red, she patted Jiang Li on the back: "Silly child, come back whenever you miss your mother, your parents are always waiting for you."

  When Jiang's father came to the door, he saw the mother and daughter hugging each other, and smiled with relief.

  The daughter is finally back!

  "Look at your mother, she is old and her memory is not good. Li'er, are you hungry? I will ask the kitchen to cook your favorite dishes!"   

  It was already noon, and fearing that Jiang Li was hungry, Jiang's mother quickly let her go, and then walked out the door excitedly.

  When she turned around, Jiang Li and Jiang's father's eyes met in mid-air.

  Perhaps influenced by the original owner's memory, Jiang Li's eyes reddened after seeing Jiang's father, and she raised her foot and walked towards Jiang's father.

  "Dad, my daughter misses you so much!"

  Jiang's father was embraced by Jiang Li, and Jiang's father, who had not been so close to his daughter for a long time, was stunned.

  At this moment, it seemed that everything had returned to the past.

  The daughter turned back to the daughter who liked to pester him and act coquettishly.

  The stunned Jiang's father came back to his senses, raised his hand tremblingly and touched Jiang Li's back, and his eyes were red uncontrollably.

  "Daughter, you, you are finally back."

  Jiang's father choked with sobs and hugged his daughter tightly, whom he had missed for a long time.

  "Dad, it's my fault. I was confused and ignored your and mom's feelings. Don't worry, I won't do it again. I hope you can forgive me."

  At this moment, Jiang Li has regarded Jiang's father and mother as her own parents from the bottom of her heart, and what she said was all from the heart.

  "Silly girl, your parents have never blamed you, so why should we forgive you? Your parents are so happy that you can come to your house, so how can we blame you?"

  Jiang's father gently stroked the back of Jiang Li's head. This was his daughter who was at the top of his heart, so how could he bear to blame her?

  Jiang Li hugged Jiang's father's broad waist tightly, greedily feeling his undisguised fatherly love.

  "Then Li'er will come to eat with your parents every day in the future. Your parents, remember to save some food for me. Li'er likes the dishes cooked by your mother the most."

  Jiang Li's coquettish tone successfully made Jiang's father laugh, and the atmosphere between the father and daughter instantly became relaxed.

  "Don't worry, this is your home forever. No matter when you come back, your parents will welcome you with open arms."

  Jiang Li said a few more words to Jiang's father, then let go of his waist and held his arm as intimately as before.

  "Dad is so nice!"

  Jiang's father smiled heartily: "Let's go and see what food your mother has prepared for us!"

  "Yeah! I seem to smell the fragrance of the food!"

  Jiang Li nodded, took Jiang's father's arm and walked towards the kitchen with him.

  Because of Jiang Li's arrival, Jiang's mother asked the kitchen to prepare a table of her favorite dishes today, and two of them were cooked by Jiang's mother herself.

  Since Jiang Li married into the general's mansion, the family sat at the same table for the first time in a long time.

  Jiang's father and Jiang's mother sat on Jiang Li's side, constantly putting dishes into her bowl. Soon, the dishes in Jiang Li's bowl piled up like a small mountain.

  "Come, try this. Li'er has become thinner, so she needs to eat more!"

  "And this, this is also my daughter's favorite, eat more!"

  Father Jiang and Mother Jiang kept picking up dishes for Jiang Li, looking at her with a smile, and they couldn't get enough of looking at her.

  "Mom and Dad, I'm not a child anymore, you don't have to worry about me, eat quickly."

  Jiang Li also picked up some dishes into the bowls of Father Jiang and Mother Jiang, looking at them helplessly.

  "Okay, okay, eat, eat all!"

  The family was very harmonious at the dinner table, and from time to time there was a burst of laughter coming from the room, and the servants of the Jiang Mansion also laughed after hearing it.

  "By the way, my daughter, why are you back today? Did the people from the general's mansion bully you again?"