Retired Soldier vs. Delicate Educated Youth (55)

After saying this, Jiang Li sat up straight and looked at the dean.

  "Why did the dean's mother ask this?"

  The dean explained, "I saw that Xiao Lu was in a bad mood when we were having dinner just now, so I guessed it."

  Jiang Li's face showed understanding, and she told the dean the truth about Lu Chaoli's physical condition.

  "Chaoli was originally a soldier in the army. He was injured when he was on a mission. The doctor said that he might never have children in his life."

  Lu Chaoli had told Jiang Li about this long before the two of them had a mutual understanding. He explained everything about him clearly and did not hide anything from Jiang Li.

  The dean pursed her lips and thought to herself that it was true.

  When she saw Xiao Lu's expression just now, she had already vaguely guessed it, but after learning that Jiang Li knew about this, the dean's tense heart strings relaxed instead.

  Since Xiao Jiang knew about this, she must have been prepared when she decided to be with Xiao Lu. She was afraid that Xiao Jiang didn't know it just now, but fortunately she was worrying too much.

  The dean patted Jiang Li's hand and comforted her, "As long as you and Xiao Lu are fine, nothing else will be a problem. If you want to raise a child, you can adopt one from the welfare home."

  Jiang Li didn't say anything. She knew that she and Lu Chaoli would have their own children sooner or later. It was just a matter of time.

  Fearing that Jiang Li would have some grudges, the director continued, "Children are close to whoever raises them, regardless of blood relationship. I think you should be very clear about this."

  Jiang Li nodded: "Director Mom raised me and grew up. In my heart, Director Mom is my mother."

  After hearing Jiang Li say that she regarded herself as a mother, the director showed kindness: "How could I not regard Xiao Jiang as my own child? Good child, promise Director Mom that you will be happy in the future."

  "Got it, then Director Mom also promised me that I would worry less in the future. You are old and it is time to enjoy a peaceful life. The children will be handed over to other teachers for discipline, and you don't have to do everything yourself."

  "Okay, okay, I promise you."

  -

  Jiang Li and Lu Chaoli stayed in the welfare home for three days. During these three days, he took Lu Chaoli to stroll around the city and accompanied the director and the children. On the fourth day, he said goodbye and boarded the train back to Taohua Village.

  The two had a lot of things to do when they got married, and time passed in the blink of an eye. If the day of their wedding was not getting closer, Jiang Li would have wanted to stay and accompany the director for more time.

  Lu's father and mother have been busy decorating the house recently. During the time when Lu Chaoli and Jiang Li returned to the city, Tiezhu, Huzi and others have been busy with the pig farm.

  Lu Chaoli called Huzi and others to his home on the night he returned and rewarded his brothers.

  As the wedding date is getting closer, Lu Chaoli has been busy all this time. He has been running around the town and the pig farm, and his regular schedule has been disrupted. During this period, he often sleeps later than a dog and wakes up earlier than a chicken.

  Although he is busy, Lu Chaoli is happy every day. The reason is that he is about to marry his beloved.

  As the days go by, the wedding room of the two has been decorated. Because the family raises pigs, the previous pig farm was too small and there was no place to store pig feed. The Lu family built the second floor when they renovated the new house.

  It's just that Lu Chaoli had always lived with Lu's father and mother in the room on the first floor, and the room on the second floor had always been used to store pig feed.   

  Now Jiang Li and Lu Chaoli are getting married. In order to give the young couple more private space, Lu's father and mother discussed moving the pig feed to the newly built pig farm and renovated the big house on the second floor.

  After Jiang Li gets married, she will live with Lu Chaoli on the second floor, while Lu's father and mother will live on the first floor. 

  According to Lu's mother, after Jiang Li gets married, she can sleep as long as she wants, and she doesn't have to do housework. It's quieter to live on the second floor, so they don't have to wake up Jiang Li early.

  There is only one week left before Lu Chaoli and Jiang Li get married. After Tiezhu and Huzi finish their work at the pig farm, they help Lu Chaoli decorate the wedding room.

  The big red wedding characters are posted everywhere on the doors and windows, and the big red lanterns are hung high. The whole Lu family is decorated with joy, and it seems that a big happy event is coming.

  Xu Yuanyuan and Xiaofang have been accompanying Jiang Li to the town these days, and have helped her pick out a lot of clothes. In the end, they bought a red cheongsam that the three of them praised unanimously, and kept it for the wedding day.

  In this era, rich people in the city would wear suits and wedding dresses when they got married, and would take wedding photos as souvenirs, but these things were not available in the town. Jiang Li didn't care about these things. 

  She bought a red cheongsam and waited for the wedding day to marry Lu Chaoli happily. Jiang Li didn't tell Lu Chaoli that she bought a red cheongsam. She thought that she would wear it and appear in front of him on the wedding day. Lu Chaoli also bought a new dress specially and asked Tiezhu and Zhao Congwen to follow him as consultants.

  There is a custom in the village that the bride and groom cannot meet for three days before the wedding. No one can empathize with Lu Chaoli's three days of suffering. He didn't see Jiang Li for three whole days. These three days were a blink of an eye for others, but for Lu Chaoli, it was like a long time.

  Lu Chaoli spent every day looking at the watch. After his bitter suffering, he finally arrived at the day of their wedding.

  If it was in the city, the welfare home would be Jiang Li's mother's home, but now she is in Taohua Village. Jiang Li doesn't mind being picked up by Lu Chaoli from school, but the aunts and aunties in the village don't want to.

  Especially Aunt Zhang, she was the first to disagree. Who said Xiao Jiang had no relatives in Taohua Village? From now on, their Zhang family would be Xiao Jiang's natal family! On

  the day before the wedding, Aunt Zhang took Jiang Li back to the Zhang family domineeringly and asked her to marry from the Zhang family. From now on, their Zhang family would be Xiao Jiang's natal family, and they would support Xiao Jiang!

  Aunt Zhang liked this sensible and polite girl from the bottom of her heart from the first time she saw Jiang Li. After several contacts, she treated Jiang Li like her own daughter.

  Aunt Zhang has no fate to give birth to a daughter in this life. All the children she gave birth to are male. It is Aunt Zhang's regret in this life that she has not been able to give birth to a little cotton-padded jacket.

  Fortunately, this regret has now been filled by Jiang Li.

  Aunt Zhang has now recognized Jiang Li as her goddaughter. Aunt Zhang now tells everyone that she has a little cotton-padded jacket. She is silly and happy all day long, and treats Jiang Li more intimately than her sons.

  Today is Jiang Li's wedding day. Aunt Zhang's eyes reddened as she watched Jiang Li, who was wearing a red cheongsam and looking very graceful. The complex emotions of being happy and reluctant to let her daughter marry off came to her mind.

  Jiang Li came to Aunt Zhang and wiped her eyes: "Why are you crying, godmother?"

  "Yes, Aunt Zhang, today is a big day. You will be a mother-in-law soon. You should smile more!"

  Xu Yuanyuan smiled and put her arms around Aunt Zhang's shoulders from behind, teasing her.

  Aunt Zhang sniffed: "Yes, yes, today is Xiao Jiang's big day. Don't cry, you can't cry."

  As soon as she finished speaking, the voice of Aunt Zhang's son Dagang came from outside the yard.

  "Mom, is my sister ready? Chaoli and the others are here to pick her up!"