The Misogyny Emperor vs. the Wife of a Powerful Official (09)

However, Zhou Qingyuan did not mention the identity of the visitor, only saying that he was a nobleman. If the master did not say anything, he, as a servant, could not ask.

  The servant waited behind Zhou Qingyuan with a respectful face, and looked at the sailboat that was getting closer and closer.

  The hull was made of precious wood, with exquisite patterns carved on both sides of the ship. The bow and stern were inlaid with gems and gold, shining with dazzling light.

  The deck was covered with red carpets, solemn and luxurious, and the cabin was luxuriously decorated, with blue smoke curling and bamboo curtains swaying in the wind.

  Four helmsmen were distributed in various parts of the sails, controlling the direction and speed of the sails.

  Although the visitor had not yet been seen, just looking at the elegant and luxurious sailboat in front of him made people feel awe, and they did not dare to blaspheme, for fear of bumping into the nobleman in the cabin.

  At the moment when the sail docked, a male voice came from the sail.

  "Young Master, we are here."

  The man sitting at the desk, drinking tea and reading a book, hummed lightly, then got up from his seat, stood with one hand behind his back and walked out of the cabin.

  The servant who was serving beside him came out of the cabin first and lifted the bead curtain for the man.

  The next moment, a touch of purple came into the sight of Zhou Qingyuan and the servant.

  The man was dressed in a luxurious purple robe, with faint golden silk threads embroidered on it. He had sword-like eyebrows and phoenix eyes, and his face was as beautiful as a crown of jade. The noble aura on his body radiated from the inside out, as if he were a god, and people dared not blaspheme or offend him.

  The moment his tall and straight body appeared on the splint, the surrounding scenery all became his foil.

  "Young Master, be careful."

  The servant jumped off the sail and stretched his arm in front of the man.

  The man's bony hand rested on the servant's wrist, and he slowly walked down the sail. As he swayed his steps, the corner of his robe gently swept across the ground.

  After the man walked down the sail, Zhou Qingyuan stepped forward to greet him.

  "Young Master Shen."

  Zhou Qingyuan greeted the person with a respectful face.

  The Young Master Shen in front of him was none other than the Emperor Shen Tingsi of Dongchu.

  As a wise ruler loved by the people, Shen Tingsi would go out incognito every once in a while to personally visit the people and understand their sentiments.

  The place he was going to this time was Jiangnan. Apart from the Queen Mother, the only person who knew his whereabouts was his contact Zhou Qingyuan.

  Zhou Qingyuan had only received the news that His Majesty was coming to Jiangnan to understand the sentiments of the people five days ago. After learning that His Majesty was going to visit the General's Mansion, Zhou Qingyuan quickly ordered people to clean up a yard.

  In the past few days, he has been personally arranging His Majesty's accommodation, fearing that he would neglect His Majesty. Even the promise to welcome the two children back to the mansion was handed over to the servants.

  "Sorry to have kept you waiting, Master Zhou."

  Shen Tingsi nodded slightly. This time he was going to the General's Mansion as a friend, so he and Zhou Qingyuan called each other Master.

  "No, no, Master Shen, please."

  Zhou Qingyuan made a gesture of invitation to Shen Tingsi, and then followed him to the carriage in front.

  Since Zhou Qingyuan would take out most of the military pay every year to support refugees, and the General's Mansion did not have any shops that made a lot of money, the General's Mansion had always been known as a frugal mansion in the minds of the people. The sedan chair in the General's Mansion was not as luxurious as imagined, and the space was small, only accommodating two people.

  Shen Tingsi was worth a lot of money, and Zhou Qingyuan prepared a carriage for him for fear of neglecting him.

  Zhou Qingyuan took him to the prepared carriage, and watched Shen Tingsi get into the carriage before getting on another carriage.

  The two carriages were one in front and one behind, swaying towards the General's Mansion.

  On the other side.

  Jiang Li and Qingzhu came to the Jiang Mansion early in the morning, and Jiang's father and mother also had lunch together. When they were with Jiang Li, Jiang's father and mother never smiled.   

  After reminiscing about the past with the master and his wife, Qingzhu ran to the kitchen to visit his godmother. When he saw the servants on the way, they would greet Qingzhu cordially. Qingzhu grinned, as if everything had returned to the past. 

  Jiang's mother made some cakes and scented tea that Jiang Li loved. When she came to the back garden and saw the father and daughter playing chess in the pavilion, her smile deepened a little.

  "It's been an hour, let's stop and eat something."

  Jiang's mother came to the pavilion with cakes and scented tea.

  "Wait a minute, let me think about the next move!"

  Jiang's father didn't even raise his head, holding the black chess piece in his hand and staring at the chessboard in front of him.

  Jiang Li held the white chess piece in her hand and looked up at Jiang's mother, her eyes full of helplessness.

  Jiang's father was particularly serious every time he played chess with his daughter, but his daughter's chess skills were taught by Old Liu, so Jiang's father always lost. However, Jiang's father was a person who became more courageous after more setbacks. He would come back again after losing once!

  Since Jiang Li came over, Jiang's father has been playing several games with her.

  "Master, take a break first and eat something. Li'er is tired even if you are not."

  Jiang's mother came to the stone table in the pavilion with a helpless look on her face and persuaded her in a gentle voice.

  "Madam, it will be ready soon!"

  Jiang's father was too busy to look up. He responded casually and continued to study the chess game in front of him.

  Snap -

  Jiang's mother put the cake in her hand on the chessboard, blocking Jiang's father's sight.

  "Jiang, Zheng, Chun."

  After hearing Jiang's mother calling his name, Jiang's father shuddered all over, and quickly raised his head, looking at Jiang's mother who was looking at him with pursed lips, with a flattering face.

  "Hehe, no more playing, no more playing! Madam, please sit down!"

  Jiang's father quickly got up from the stone bench, clasped Jiang's mother's shoulders with both hands, and helped her sit down in front of the stone bench.

  Jiang's mother snorted coldly: "Why don't you put all these things away quickly? Ever since Li'er came here, you have been dragging her to play chess with you, which has prevented me from saying a few words to Li'er!"

  "Put them away right away, put them away right away!"

  After hearing what Jiang's mother said, Jiang's father, who was controlled by his wife, winked at Jiang Li, and Jiang Li took up the tray on the chessboard after indicating it.

  The chess game that had just been played for half an hour was instantly in Jiang's father's sight. Jiang's father's eyes darted around, wanting to remember the situation in front of him, and then set it up again after Jiang's mother left to continue the unfinished chess game.

  Jiang's father was procrastinating and deliberately delaying time, so how could Jiang's mother not see his little thoughts?

  "Huh?"

  Jiang's mother raised the ending tone, which frightened Jiang's father's back stiff. With a distressed look on his face, he disrupted the chess game and put away the black and white pieces on top.

  Almost, just almost!

  This game was the one he was most sure to win!

  Father Jiang, who wanted to win his daughter once, was bleeding in his heart. Under the coercion of Mother Jiang, he put the chess pieces into the chess tube little by little.

  Mother Jiang's face returned to normal only when the chess pieces and Quanfei were put away by Father Jiang.

  "Li'er, come and try the cakes and scented tea that mother made today."

  Mother Jiang looked at Jiang Li tenderly and handed a piece of cake to her.

  The ranking of the status of the Jiang family is obvious.

  It is not clear who is the eldest, but Father Jiang must be the one with the lowest status!

  Obviously, Father Jiang is also very clear about this. He sat down at the stone table and took the initiative to take the job of pouring scented tea for the mother and daughter.