Retired Soldier vs. Delicate Educated Youth (60)

Seeing that Lu Chaoli misunderstood, Jiang Li quickly explained: "No, that's not what I meant. It's just a few steps. If you have to carry me even down the stairs, others will say I'm hypocritical and say you're a henpecked man if they know about it?"

  "What's wrong with being a henpecked man? In my world, my wife is the most important. If they want to say something, they can say it. It won't cost them a piece of meat."

  Lu Chaoli didn't care what others said. If they loved their wife, they would be poked in the back, then they could be poked. He wouldn't care.

  At Lu Chaoli's insistence, Jiang Li hugged his neck and lay on his back. Lu Chaoli stood up and easily carried Jiang Li on his back.

  "Let's go!"

  He said, turned around with Jiang Li on his back, and then walked down the stairs at a brisk pace.

  "Slow down, Lu Chaoli, slow down."

  Jiang Li hugged Lu Chaoli's neck tightly and reminded him, fearing that he would step on the air and fall down.

  "Don't worry, wife, I know what to do!"

  Lu Chaoli responded and walked down the second floor steadily with Jiang Li on his back.

  "Put me down quickly, I'll go wash up first."

  Jiang Li hugged Lu Chaoli's neck and tilted her head to look at him.

  "The toiletries are in the bathroom, I'll take you there."

  After arriving in the yard, Lu Chaoli had no intention of putting Jiang Li down, and carried her to the bathroom on his back.

  Jiang Li let Lu Chaoli carry her like a legless person, and at this time, Lu's father and mother came back.

  After seeing the scene in front of them, the old couple smiled at each other. This stinky boy finally learned to be caring!

  "Xiao Jiang is awake, there is food in the kitchen, I'll go and heat it up for you!"

  Lu's mother walked in with a smile, and did not blame Jiang Li for sleeping until eleven o'clock.

  Chaoli was able to marry such a good daughter-in-law as Xiao Jiang, which was a great honor for their old Lu family's ancestral graves. They were so happy that they couldn't wait, so how could they blame her for such a small matter?

  Besides, their original intention of decorating the second floor was to wait for Xiao Jiang to marry so that she would not be disturbed, and she could sleep as long as she wanted, and she didn't have to do any housework!

  But after hearing the voice of Lu's mother, Jiang Li's back stiffened, and she looked in the direction of the voice with Lu Chaoli.

  "Mom and Dad, you are back."

  Jiang Li greeted Lu's father and mother, and said to Lu Chaoli with a fake smile: "Mom and Dad are back, put me down quickly."

  After hearing Jiang Li calling her father and mother, the smiles on Lu's father and mother's faces became brighter.

  "You are back, Xiao Jiang, are you hungry? Mom will go and heat up the rice for you, just make do with a few bites, and eat more after lunch is ready!"

  Lu's mother looked at Jiang Li with a loving face, and her mouth couldn't close.

  Lu Chaoli smiled and said, "I have put the rice in the pot, Mom will go and see if it is heated up, I will take Xiao Jiang to wash up."

  "Go, go, I will go to the kitchen to check!"

  ——After marrying Lu Chaoli, Jiang Li's life became more and more comfortable. Lu Chaoli's family loved her very much, and usually didn't let her do any work. Even the bowl Jiang Li only washed once, and it was snatched from Lu Chaoli.

  As more and more people in the village went to work in the pig farm, Father and Mother Lu became idlers. Lu Chaoli asked them to stay at home and enjoy themselves, and stopped them from working in the pig farm.

  Father Lu, who had been busy for most of his life, really couldn't rest for a while. He would go to the pig farm whenever he had something to do. However, since Lu Chaoli bought him a fishing rod, Father Lu's visits to the pig farm have decreased. He went there once in the morning, noon and evening, and went fishing in the lake at the east end of the village the rest of the time.

  Mother Lu's current hobby is to study various dishes and food, and she finds different ways to prepare food for Jiang Li every day. Father Lu and Lu Chaoli all benefited from Jiang Li's help, and they can eat different meals every day.   

  Jiang Li married into the Lu family for two months and everyone in the family gained weight, except for her. She remained slim, gaining weight where she should and not where she shouldn't.

  Mother Lu is now cheerful every day and looks a lot younger. Father Lu used to be a person who could not gain weight no matter how much he ate. He obviously ate better than everyone else in the village, but he was always as thin as a monkey. He started to gain weight in the past two months and now looks rosy and plump.

  Lu Chaoli also gained weight, but he has been busy working in the pig farm and exercising every day. He doesn't look fat, but the tendons on his arms have become stronger, and he exudes endless vitality.

  The villagers attributed the transformation of the Lu family in the past two months to Jiang Li, saying that she has a physique that brings prosperity to the family and makes the family better and better.

  This matter spread from one person to ten, ten to a hundred, and now the villagers are very enthusiastic about Jiang Li. They greet her when they meet, and the aunts and grandmas even come forward to hold Jiang Li's hand to get some of her blessings.

  Jiang Li was also helpless about this, but she was busy teaching children knowledge every day and was too lazy to argue with everyone, so she followed them.

  After Lu Chaoli came back from the town today, he did not go to the pig farm, but went straight home.

  Today is Lu's father's birthday. Lu Chaoli bought some things when he went to the town to check the feed.

  On the way home, Lu Chaoli happened to meet Lu's father who had just returned from fishing at the east end of the village.

  "Dad, did you catch any fish today?"

  Lu Chaoli shouted to Lu's father who was carrying a basket on the opposite side, and stopped at the door of the house on his motorcycle.

  Lu's father walked briskly towards the door of the house with a fishing rod, and smiled and stretched out two fingers to Lu Chaoli on the opposite side.

  "I'm lucky today, I caught two big koi!"

  "Wow, Dad is lucky today!"

  Lu Chaoli parked the motorcycle at the door of the house, and then strode to Lu's father and took the basket from him.

  "These two fish are really big. Let's go back and ask mom to make braised carp to celebrate dad's birthday!"

  "Oh, birthday or not, no need to celebrate!"

  Although Father Lu said no need to celebrate, his eyes narrowed into slits with a smile.

  "Of course we have to celebrate dad's birthday. Xiao Jiang even prepared a gift for dad!"

  After hearing that his daughter-in-law also prepared a gift for him, Father Lu's mouth was almost grinning to his ears!

  Lu Chaoli carried the things he bought from the town in one hand and the basket in the other hand and went home with Father Lu.

  "Mom, Xiao Jiang, we are back. Dad caught two big koi today!"

  After hearing Lu Chaoli's voice, Mother Lu, who was preparing meals in the kitchen, looked out the window.

  "Oh, the birthday boy is very lucky today. Hurry up and deal with the fish. I will make braised carp later!"

  "Okay!"

  Lu Chaoli readily agreed, handed the things in his hand to Father Lu and walked towards the kitchen.

  Jiang Li was helping to pick vegetables, and Lu Chaoli quietly came up behind her and quickly kissed her on the face while Jiang Li was not paying attention.

  "Xiao Jiang, I'm back."

  Lu Chaoli bent down to Jiang Li's face and looked at her with a smile.