Retired Soldier vs. Delicate Educated Youth (18)

"No, no, I can finish this work by myself, you can go back."

  Jiang Li waved to Lu Chaoli, but Lu Chaoli came all the way for her, how could he leave so easily?

  "Comrade Jiang, don't be polite to me, you go and rest."

  Lu Chaoli said as he came to the field behind Jiang Li, picked up the hoe and started to help her with the work.

  Seeing this, Jiang Li hurriedly followed and stood shoulder to shoulder with Lu Chaoli, whispering: "Why are you here?"

  "You are still talking about me, didn't I say that you should rest in the Educated Youth Institute for two days? Why are you working in the fields today?"

  Before seeing Jiang Li, Lu Chaoli didn't know that she would come to work in the fields today. The reason he came was that Jiang Li had an injury on her foot and was unable to move, and he wanted to help her earn work points.

  "The blisters on my feet have healed. If you don't believe me, look, it doesn't hurt at all."

  Jiang Li stamped her feet to prove it. When she put her feet down, she accidentally stepped on a hard soil block and fell backwards instantly!

  Lu Chaoli quickly grabbed her arm and looked at her nervously: "Comrade Jiang, are you okay? Is the injury on your foot hurting again?"

  "It's okay, I stepped on a hard soil block and tripped."

  Jiang Li stood firm with the help of Lu Chaoli and comforted her: "Okay, look how nervous you are, I'm really fine."

  Jiang Li was about to pick up the hoe to work, and found that Lu Chaoli was still holding her arm.

  The moment Jiang Li looked over, Lu Chaoli quickly let go of his hand, his earlobe turned red, and he quickly picked up the hoe and continued to hoe the ground.

  Jiang Li naturally didn't miss his red earlobe. She curled the corners of her mouth and followed Lu Chaoli with the hoe.

  Lu Chaoli worked quickly and soon distanced himself from Xu Yuanyuan and others.

  Looking at the two people standing side by side in front, Xu Yuanyuan smiled with her hands covering her mouth.

  Come on, Xiao Jiang said at noon that she didn't know whether to stay or go. She thinks that she will choose to stay in the end!

  Xu Yuanyuan retracted her gaze and continued to pick up the hoe. Just as she was about to hoe the ground, a very discordant voice came from behind her.

  "Oh, there are men helping with the work as soon as she arrived. Comrade Xiao Jiang is really not simple!"

  Liu Jiayi took the opportunity to discredit Jiang Li and tried her best to discredit her image in Zhou Guoqing's mind.

  Anyone could hear the sarcasm in Liu Jiayi's tone. Li Zhixiu pulled Liu Jiayi's arm and signaled her to say less.

  "Isn't what I said wrong? Everyone saw that Comrade Xiao Lu wanted to help others as soon as he arrived!"

  Xu Yuanyuan slammed the hoe on the ground and looked at Liu Jiayi with a cold face: "Why, are you jealous that someone helps Xiao Jiang with his work? If you have the ability, you can also find a man to come and work for you!"

  "You! What does Xu Yuanyuan have to do with you? Don't interrupt me here!"

  "What does Comrade Xiao Lu helping Xiao Jiang with his work have to do with you? Why are you talking so much?"

  Liu Jiayi was blocked and couldn't say a complete sentence. Xu Yuanyuan has never lost in a verbal battle!

  Liu Jiayi bit her lower lip tightly and glared at Xu Yuanyuan angrily. I don't know what she remembered, but she suddenly became proud again. "I think she is very familiar with Comrade Xiao Lu. It doesn't seem like they met for the first time. No wonder someone came a day later than us. It turned out that he went to do this~"

  Liu Jiayi's words became more and more unpleasant. She said that Jiang Li was not decent and had a private meeting with a man as soon as she arrived here.

  Hearing Liu Jiayi accusing Jiang Li like this, Xu Yuanyuan couldn't help it. She rolled up her sleeves and was about to step forward, but Zhou Guoqing suddenly shouted at her.

  "That's enough! You two are fighting each other when you meet. Are you two done yet? Comrade Xiao Xu, turn around and do your work!"

  Xu Yuanyuan pursed her lips and pointed at Liu Jiayi: "If you dare to throw dirty water on Xiao Jiang's head again, I will tear your mouth apart!"

  "You dare! If you..."

  Liu Jiayi's eyes almost popped out. She was about to curse at Xu Yuanyuan, but Zhou Guoqing turned his head and glared at her.   

  "Shut up! You are the one who is always bothering me! You have made such a mess of the relationship between comrades! If you dare to sow discord and frame comrades again, I will punish you!"

  Zhou Guoqing glared at Liu Jiayi, and was obviously angry because she threw dirty water at Jiang Li. His spit flew everywhere when he spoke!

  Liu Jiayi looked at Zhou Guoqing in disbelief with red eyes. Seeing her crying, Zhou Guoqing became even more annoyed.

  "What are you looking at? Go to work! Are you waiting for the villagers to laugh at us educated youth?"

  "Jiayi, come here quickly."

  Finally, Li Zhixiu pulled Liu Jiayi aside. Seeing this, Lin Jiye and Xi Qingshan also came to Zhou Guoqing and pulled his arms to the side, separating him from Liu Jiayi.

  "Okay, captain, don't get angry."

  "Yes, captain, you and Comrade Xiao Liu, calm down. We are all comrades. If we make a scene, people will laugh at us."

  "Let's get to work. If we delay any longer, we won't be able to complete today's task."

  Lin Jiye said as he stuffed Zhou Guoqing's hoe into his hand.

  Zhou Guoqing took the hoe with a sullen face: "I'm fine. You two don't have to worry about me."

  Lin Jiye and Xi Qingshan looked at each other and patted Zhou Guoqing on the shoulder: "Then let's get to work first."

  After they finished speaking, they picked up the hoe and continued to work, fearing that they would not be able to complete the tasks assigned to them by the village chief in one day.

  Zhou Guoqing stared at Lu Chaoli and Jiang Li who were talking and laughing in front of him. The joints of his hand holding the hoe were a little white because he was holding it too hard.

  Damn it!

  This Lu Chaoli actually jumped out to steal his limelight in front of Comrade Xiao Jiang!

  Zhou Guoqing glared at Lu Chaoli with gritted teeth, and the anger in his eyes almost leaked out.

  Lu Chaoli and Jiang Li didn't know what was happening behind them. The two of them had fallen far behind everyone else.

  With Lu Chaoli's help, Jiang Li completed her task today very quickly. The village chief also came over at this time.

  "Comrade Xiao Jiang, I have something to say to the village chief, so I'll go over first."

  Lu Chaoli carried the hoe on his shoulder, and his tall body blocked the sun above Jiang Li's head.

  Jiang Li nodded: "Thank you very much for today, Comrade Xiao Lu. I'll treat you to dinner another day." 

  Lu Chaoli curled his lips and said to Jiang Li in a joking tone: "Comrade Xiao Jiang already owes me two meals, I remember them all."

  Jiang Li chuckled: "Don't worry, you'll be there. Just ask when you want to eat."

  "Then I'll go over?"

  "Go ahead, I'll help Yuanyuan with her work."

  "Don't forget to come out after dinner tonight to digest the food. I have something to give you."

  Lu Chaoli reminded her before leaving.

  "What is so mysterious?"

  Jiang Li looked curious. The more Lu Chaoli kept it from her, the more she wanted to know.

  "You'll know in the evening."

  After Lu Chaoli finished speaking, he carried the hoe and walked towards the village chief in front of him. His eyes were raised, and his whole body exuded a pleasant atmosphere.

  It was hard for Lu Chaoli to ignore Zhou Guoqing's unfriendly look. When he walked to Zhou Guoqing's side, he deliberately paused.

   I just saw a long comment from a baby. I slightly modified the previous text. It was changed to that the male protagonist went to the educated youth institute without the female protagonist's knowledge. He was afraid that others would gossip after knowing it, so he pretended not to know her. Except for Zhou Guoqing and Liu Jiayi, the villagers would not think much about helping the female protagonist. They would only regard it as mutual help between comrades. The brothers were just curious whether they really had a sister-in-law. After confirming it, they would not tell others. The reason why Lu's mother was worried about the male protagonist's marriage was that he had never paid attention to this matter and his personality was carefree. She was afraid that he would not love others and was just an old mother who was worried about him. There was no mental problem. The male protagonist was a mama's boy. Lu's mother was a very straightforward person. Later, she would be super doting on Jiang Li, her daughter-in-law. If you have any logical problems with Wenwen, you can raise them. I will change them if I can. Love you~

  (End of this chapter)