The Misogyny Emperor vs. the Wife of a Powerful Official (18)

The people looked at the big man holding a knife on the stage with half belief and half doubt.

  "Don't underestimate me. We brothers have performed talents not only in Jiangnan, but also in various places in Dongchu. If you are willing, we can take the petition you wrote and set off to the imperial city!"

  The suspicion in the eyes of the people did not decrease at all.

  This man cut the tendons of the girl's feet without blinking, which is terrible!

  They would never hand over any petition to an executioner!

  The big man instantly understood the eyes of the people, and he grinned when he achieved his goal: "My sister's tendons have been cut by me. Now it's time for everyone to open their eyes. Don't blink!"

  The big man said, holding the big knife and came to the wooden box that was gushing with blood. He pretended to walk around the wooden box, and squatted down and patted the wooden box that was still bleeding.

  Everyone stared at the big man's actions without blinking. After several operations, the big man stood up from the wooden box and looked at the onlookers.

  "Okay, I have connected my sister's tendons through the air."

  Everyone: "???"

  No, connecting tendons through the air?

  Are you kidding me? !

  The big man knew that the people didn't believe it, so he asked someone to open the wooden box. In full view of everyone, the little girl jumped out of the box alive and well.

  Everyone was shocked and dropped their jaws when they saw the little girl in front of them who was safe and sound.

  "No, nothing? Is the little girl really okay?"

  An aunt stared at the little girl.

  "Auntie, I'm really fine, you believe it and see."

  The little girl said and turned around in front of everyone.

  After seeing the little girl with intact legs, Jiang Li crossed her arms and looked at Qingzhu beside her: "What do you think? I said that this little girl would be fine."

  "Miss, this, this, connecting legs through the air?"

  Qingzhu's eyes widened, grabbed Jiang Li's arm and looked at her in shock.

  Seeing the simple-minded Qingzhu Jiangli showed helplessness: "Just listen to him. If you can really connect legs through the air, there will be no lame people in this world. The reason why the little girl is safe and sound is that there is another trick in this box."

  The people surrounding the stage rubbed their eyes and looked up and down at the little girl on the stage. At this time, Shen Tingsi and Feng Jue, who were standing in front of the sparsely populated lakeshore, also looked towards the stage.

  However, what they cared about was not the little girl who was safe and sound, but the remarks of the big man just now.

  "Master, in my opinion, the performance of talent is fake. The remarks just now are the real purpose of this big man. Could it be that this Jiangnan City is not as lively and prosperous as it seems on the surface, and there is another hidden story behind it?"

  After listening to the big man's words, Feng Jue extracted the meaning of the big man's words and guessed secretly.

  Shen Tingsi narrowed his eyes thoughtfully and said in a deep voice: "After the show, pay attention to the movements of that person, and don't alert the snake first."

  "Yes."

  Feng Jue nodded in response.

  Today, the big man deliberately used his talent show to stir up public indignation. There must be some unknown secrets hidden behind this Jiangnan City, and the big man happened to be the breakthrough point. Perhaps we can learn something from him.

  Thinking of the reports from the imperial envoys he sent to Jiangnan to investigate the case, Shen Tingsi's face gradually darkened.

  Did they fail to find out, or did they deliberately conceal the truth?

  A lantern festival made Shen Tingsi feel that he had come to the right place this time. The big man was still performing on the stage. Shen Tingsi stood by the lake with his hands behind his back, waiting for the show to end.

  Not only did Jiang Li guess that there was another secret in the wooden box, but the shocked people also did not believe the statement of leg-joining in the air, and they all questioned the wooden box behind the big man.

  Facing the doubts of the crowd, the big man was not panicked at all, and looked at everyone calmly: "Since you all suspect that there is something wrong with this wooden box, then I will let you see it clearly."

  After he said that, he waved to the two brothers standing beside him: "Xiaowu and Xiaoliu, since everyone wants to see the whole picture of this wooden box, you two come over and turn the wooden box so that everyone can take a closer look!" "

  Yes! Big brother!"

  The other two big men walked forward to move the box and slowly showed the back of the box.

  Jiang Li crossed her arms and looked at the two people moving the wooden box on the stage calmly. She had already guessed what the structure behind the wooden box was.

  However, when all the wooden boxes were turned around, Jiang Li was stunned...

  I saw that the back of the wooden box was flat and there was no extra space as imagined!

  How is this possible?   

  Jiang Li's eyes flashed with surprise, and she immediately put down her arms and stood up straight, looking at the wooden box on the stage carefully.

  "How is it? Now everyone can see clearly, is there anything wrong with this wooden box?"

  The big man was always very calm, and he did not panic no matter how the people questioned him.

  "Impossible, this is impossible! Even if Dr. Hua were alive, he couldn't connect the tendons of the legs remotely!"

  The big man made a gesture of invitation after hearing this: "If you don't believe it, you can come up and check it yourself."

  "I'll do it!"

  As soon as the voice fell, someone volunteered to come to the stage, but after checking, nothing was found. Several people came up to the stage to check and finally walked down without finding anything.

  "Is there anyone else who wants to come up?"

  The big man asked the people below, and Jiang Li raised his foot and walked forward.

  "Me."

  "Miss, please."

  Jiang Li came to the wooden box and looked around. At this time, the big man still looked calm, but when Jiang Li's hand touching the box fell on the mechanism button, the big man staggered and almost fell to the ground.

  He hurried forward to stop him: "Miss, Miss, please show mercy!"

  The big man whispered in a voice that only he and Jiang Li could hear.

  Jiang Li curled her lips: "I am not the kind of person who spoils the mood, but if you want me to show mercy, you have to promise me one thing."

  "Miss, please tell me."

  "Leave me your address and help me install a mechanism when needed."

  Jiang Li stated her request. The big man nodded without hesitation and whispered his address.

  Jiang Li exchanged a look with the big man and turned to walk off the stage, pretending not to notice the mechanism on the box.

  The big man performed a few more shows with a few brothers and then announced his exit. The people who had no acrobatics to watch dispersed in all directions.

  Dusk fell, and Jiang Li and Qingzhu, who had been strolling for an afternoon, also returned to the direction of the general's mansion.

  After seeing the direction the big man left, Shen Tingsi and Feng Jue looked at each other and walked towards the arch bridge in front of them. 

  The sound of the piano came from the lake. Everyone stopped and looked at the lake, and saw a boat with a thin gauze tent and swaying bamboo curtains slowly approaching.

  "The courtesan, it's the courtesan of Wanhua Tower!"

  "The courtesan has actually shown up? Let's go, let's go and take a look!"

  "I heard that the courtesan of Wanhua Tower looks like a fairy and is an excellent zither player. We are so lucky to hear the courtesan playing the zither today!"

  After seeing the sailboat, everyone stepped onto the arch bridge and walked towards the lake. The scene instantly became lively.

  "Hey, don't push, everyone, don't push!"

  "Ouch! Who stepped on my foot?"

  Screams came from the crowd, and Jiang Li and Qingzhu hurriedly moved to the side.

  Even so, they were still not immune to the impact. I don't know who bumped into Jiang Li, and Jiang Li's whole body leaned forward!

  "Miss!"

  Qingzhu exclaimed, and his body was quickly squeezed into the crowd.

  Bang -

  my dears, I added some words to these three chapters. If you can't connect with the plot, you can flip forward. I love you~