Retired Soldier vs. Delicate Educated Youth (10)

"Yes, Comrade Xiao Jiang, we are here for you. You can recuperate at the Youth Corps for the next two days. It's okay to go to the fields with us after your foot injury is healed!"

  Lin Jiye also echoed, fearing that Jiang Li would be polite to them.

  "Those who know that there are a few blisters on your feet will think that you are paralyzed!"

  Liu Jiayi came out of the house, as if she had been shot, and she came up to Jiang Li in a sarcastic tone.

  "Jiayi, talk less."

  Li Zhixiu followed, tugged at Liu Jiayi's sleeve and whispered.

  "What's wrong? Am I not telling the truth?"

  Liu Jiayi stared at Jiang Li with a bad look, and her voice was louder than anyone else.

  Xu Yuanyuan was awakened by her voice, and rubbed her eyes in a daze. Before she could react, Liu Jiayi's voice came from the yard again.

  "You have hands and feet, why should you let others help you earn work points? The superiors asked you to come here to participate in the reclamation movement, not to be a lady and enjoy a comfortable life!"

  Liu Jiayi walked straight to Jiang Li. Due to the height difference, she had to raise her head when looking at Jiang Li, and her momentum was much lower.

  "Liu Jiayi, why are you yelling so early in the morning? Isn't it the day when you cut your finger and hid in the house without cooking!"

  When Jiang Li was about to speak, her sister Xu Yuanyuan came out angrily and immediately exposed Liu Jiayi's lazy behavior that day.

  When they first arrived at the Youth Institute, they had traveled for several days and were exhausted. Liu Jiayi didn't want to drag her tired body to cook, so she lied that her finger was scratched and couldn't touch water.

  Xu Yuanyuan clearly saw her fetching water to wipe her body that night!

  How can the water for wiping the body be touched, but the water for washing vegetables can't be touched?

  Liu Jiayi's face froze, and she was about to retort, but Xu Yuanyuan said again: "Xiao Jiang has a blister on her foot. We are happy to help her work and earn work points, and we didn't ask you to help. Why are you being so sarcastic?"

  Xu Yuanyuan inherited her mother's mouth, and she would talk back at people without giving others a chance to speak.

  Liu Jiayi's face turned blue and purple again, and the changes were very exciting!

  "Thank you for the concern of the captain and Comrade Xiao Lin. My foot injury has healed, and I can work in the fields to earn work points by myself. I won't bother you two."

  Jiang Li first thanked Zhou Guoqing and Lin Jiye, and then looked at Liu Jiayi, whose face was blue and purple.

  "Comrade Xiao Liu, right? I don't know if it's my illusion, but I felt an inexplicable hostility and targeting from you when I first saw you. I don't know where your hostility comes from, and I'm too lazy to delve into it."

  "Comrade Xiao Liu, please don't always use your own little thoughts to speculate about others at will. I don't ask Comrade Xiao Liu to change his attitude towards me. I just hope that you and I will keep our distance from each other and spend these days in the Youth Institute in peace and stability."

  Jiang Li said, looking at Xu Yuanyuan who was glaring at Liu Jiayi angrily: "Yuanyuan, let's go back to the house to pack up, and we should go to the fields to work later."

  "Xiao Jiang, let's go!"

  Xu Yuanyuan took Jiang Li's arm and walked towards the house with her. When she passed by Liu Jiayi, she snorted.

  "You!"

  Liu Jiayi clenched her teeth and clenched her fists: "Captain, look at them! Aren't they deliberately making trouble with the comrades?"

  "I think you are the one who wants to make trouble!"

  Zhou Guoqing looked at Liu Jiayi unhappily, and was very dissatisfied with her sudden appearance and interruption.

  Liu Jiayi looked at Zhou Guoqing who was accusing her in disbelief: "Captain, it's okay that the two of them framed me, but why are you saying this to me too?"

  "I warn you, Comrade Xiao Liu, the most important thing among us educated youth is to support and help each other. If you dare to target Comrade Xiao Jiang again and lead a discord, don't blame me, the captain, for being rude to you!"

  Zhou Guoqing snorted coldly, left this sentence and went back to the house angrily.   

  "Captain!"

  Liu Jiayi stamped her feet in anger, and Lin Jiye quickly advised: "Okay, Comrade Liu, you should also say less. We are all comrades, and we will see each other sooner or later. It will not look good if things get too awkward."

  Liu Jiayi did not listen to Lin Jiye's words at all. She watched Zhou Guoqing stamp his feet angrily after returning to the room, and then turned around and ran back to the room.

  Lin Jiye pointed at Liu Jiayi: "This..."

  "I'll go and persuade her."

  Li Zhixiu said and hurriedly chased after him.

  Jiang Li did not take what happened just now to heart. If you don't like someone, just stay away from them in the future. There is no need to sulk because of someone you don't like.

  Instead, Xu Yuanyuan was looking for clothes to wear while defending Jiang Li.

  "What kind of person is that? Her mouth is like gunpowder every day, biting anyone she catches!"

  "Xiao Jiang, don't bother with her. Let's just ignore her in the future. There's no need to be angry with such a person!"

  Jiang Li, who was braiding her hair in front of the window and looking at the mirror, looked at Xu Yuanyuan in front of the cabinet through the mirror: "Why do I think Yuanyuan seems to be more angry than me?"

  "I just can't stand people like her. If she dares to target you for no reason again, I will scold her to tears!"

  Xu Yuanyuan angrily took a set of clothes and went to the bed to change. Her hair was a little frizzy with anger.

  Jiang Li felt warm in her heart. She was very glad that she had made a loyal friend like Xu Yuanyuan when she first came here.

  After braiding her hair, she came to the bed and held Xu Yuanyuan's shoulders: "Okay, I know you are doing this for my own good. I'm not angry, so don't be angry, okay? Turn around and let me braid your hair. Didn't you still clamor to earn work points yesterday?"

  Xu Yuanyuan turned around obediently, and quickly put the matter behind her when she mentioned the work points.

  Jiang Li was very skillful and quickly braided Xu Yuanyuan's hair.

  Xu Yuanyuan touched her hair with satisfaction: "Xiao Jiang is really skillful. You should take good care of your injury. I will go to the fields to earn work points now!"

  "I'll go with you."

  "But your foot..."

  "It's okay. It's healed. If you don't believe me, just look."

  Jiang Li said as she turned around in front of Xu Yuanyuan. She even stamped her feet to reassure Xu Yuanyuan.

  Xu Yuanyuan widened her eyes in disbelief: "So many blisters really don't hurt?"

  Jiang Li raised her eyebrows: "Do I look like I'm in pain? Okay, let's go quickly. The village chief will be waiting anxiously!"

  Jiang Li said as she took Xu Yuanyuan's arm affectionately. Just as she was about to go out with her, Xu Yuanyuan suddenly stopped.

  "Wait a minute. The sun will be so hot that our faces will hurt. We need to wear hats!"

  She said as she walked to the cabinet and took out her hat. Jiang Li realized belatedly that she had forgotten to put her hat into her bag because she was in a hurry.

  Just as he was about to leave, Xu Yuanyuan took out a hat from the closet.

  "Xiao Jiang, is this your hat?"