The Misogyny Emperor vs. the Wife of a Powerful Official (13)

Looking at the table full of delicious dishes, Zhou Qingyuan's face flashed with an unnatural look.

  How come these... Before he left, he clearly told them to eat lighter in the future, so why were these things put out? !

  Zhou Qingyuan pursed his lips to hide the anger in his eyes, and subconsciously looked at Shen Tingsi beside him. Seeing that his face did not change, he breathed a sigh of relief and pretended to be calm and made a gesture of invitation to Shen Tingsi.

  "Mr. Shen, please sit down. If there is any place where the hospitality is not good enough, I hope you will forgive me."

  Shen Tingsi's main theme of this incognito tour was easy-going. Before coming, he had told Zhou Qingyuan to treat him as a friend, so he sat at the same table with Zhou Qingyuan's family during the meal.

  Zhou Qingyuan didn't dare to sit in the main seat himself, so he invited Shen Tingsi to the main seat, but Shen Tingsi shook his head slightly and sat down casually at the seat beside him.

  Zhou Qingyuan was sweating profusely when he saw this: "Young Master, this, this is against the rules."

  "It's okay, Young Master Zhou, please sit down too."

  Zhou Qingyuan hesitated and sat down in the main seat.

  "My mother heard that there were going to be guests at home, so she specially ordered the kitchen to prepare these. I don't know if they suit your taste."

  Although Shen Tingsi's face did not change when he saw the delicious food in front of him, Zhou Qingyuan still explained.

  Shen Tingsi was about to speak when Mrs. Zhou came to the dining room with two children.

  "Heng'er, tell grandma what you want to eat in the future, and grandma will ask the kitchen to make it for you. Grandma knew you were coming back today and specially ordered people to prepare a table of delicious fish and meat for you!"

  Zhou Qingyuan: "..."

  At this time, he just felt that he was slapped in the face by someone in the air, and it hurt!

  The guards who came from the palace with Shen Tingsi twitched their mouths in anger and looked down at their toes.

  Well, just now he was thinking that Madam Zhou was really enthusiastic, knowing that her master came to the general's mansion and specially prepared such a large table of delicious food, it turned out that he was just being sentimental in the end... 

  It was no secret in the whole East Chu that Zhou Qingyuan took out most of the military pay every month to support refugees. The people praised him as a great philanthropist, and the refugees who had received his favor were even more grateful to him.

  It was said that General Zhou not only allocated money to refugees in need of help, but also paid out of his own pocket to improve the food for soldiers on the frontier, but he himself lived a very tight life. Not only was his mansion dilapidated, but even his life in the mansion was very poor.

  But fortunately, now he has finally come to an end, and this time he returned to the court to be promoted.

  Although the decree to be conferred the title of the mighty general has not yet been issued, whether it is the ministers in the court or the common people, anyone who has heard of Zhou Qingyuan has already tacitly agreed that he is the candidate for the next mighty general.

  After all, he is an upright person, not only has he made great military achievements, but everything he has done is also good for the country and the people. Such a wise minister is exactly what East Chu needs.

  Mrs. Zhou's voice came from far away, and she called her grandson so affectionately.

  Zhou Qingyuan has been guarding the border for many years. After marrying his late wife, she stayed in her mother's home in Mobei for the convenience of taking care of her. After the two children were born, they also lived in Mobei.

  Mrs. Zhou only knew that she had grandchildren, but now was the first time for the grandparents and grandchildren to meet.

  Seeing Zhou Zhiheng, who looked very similar to Zhou Qingyuan, she loved him so much!

  Mrs. Zhou held the two children. Although Zhou Zhiyao was her granddaughter, it was not difficult to see who she favored from Mrs. Zhou's actions and words. Mrs. Zhou was talking to Zhou Zhiheng all the way. Zhou Zhiyao was just an unknown little transparent person. Every time Mrs. Zhou wanted to interrupt, she was very perfunctory. 

  Mrs. Zhou brought the two children to the kitchen. As soon as they arrived at the door, several eyes fell on the three of them.

  Shen Tingsi was not easy to ask Mrs. Zhou why she ordered the kitchen staff to make this table of meals, so he had to suppress his displeasure.

  "Dad!"

  After arriving at the dining hall, Zhou Zhiheng and Zhou Zhiyao let go of Mrs. Zhou's hands and ran towards Zhou Qingyuan.

  Zhou Qingyuan looked at the two children running towards him with a gentle expression and reminded them: "Slow down."   

  Zhou Zhiheng and Zhou Zhiyao came to Zhou Qingyuan. They hadn't seen each other for half a year. They thought the first words the two children would say would be "Dad, we miss you", but the two children said something surprising.

  "Dad, it smells so good, we are hungry!"

  Zhou Zhiheng climbed to the seat next to Zhou Qingyuan and reached out to grab the meat on the plate without saying a word.

  Zhou Qingyuan was stunned and quickly raised his hand to stop him: "Zhiheng, don't be rude, sit down and eat with chopsticks."

  "Oh Qingyuan, Zhiheng is still young, why are you so serious with him?"

  Mrs. Zhou was immediately unhappy when she saw that Zhou Qingyuan was so serious with a child, and hurried over.

  "Zhiheng, come, come to grandma."

  Zhou Zhiheng also knew that Mrs. Zhou spoiled him, so he climbed down from the chair and ran to Mrs. Zhou.

  "Grandma."

  Zhou Zhiheng called obediently.

  This was the first time Mrs. Zhou heard him call her grandma, and she was instantly overjoyed and bent down to pick up Zhou Zhiheng.

  After the two of them sat down, Madam Zhou finally had time to greet Shen Tingsi who was sitting opposite.

  The table in the general's mansion was large, and Shen Tingsi sat opposite Madam Zhou, nearly two meters away from her.

  "Is this Mr. Shen?"

  Shen Tingsi looked up at Madam Zhou and nodded slightly.

  "I heard from Qingyuan that you are coming to stay at the mansion for a while, and your aunt specially asked the kitchen to prepare a table of dishes. Just treat it like your own home here, and don't be polite to your aunt!" 

  After hearing what Madam Zhou said, Zhou Qingyuan breathed a sigh of relief. What he had just said was finally rounded up a little.

  "Thank you, Madam."

  Shen Tingsi's attitude was gentle and polite, and Madam Zhou didn't think much about it, and asked him to eat quickly.

  Facing a table of delicious food, Zhou Zhiheng had already been greedy for a long time. While Madam Zhou and Shen Tingsi were talking, he stood up from her legs and took a piece of braised pork from the plate and stuffed it into his mouth.

  Zhou Qingyuan frowned and said in a deep voice, "Zhiheng."

  "Hahaha, it seems that Heng'er is really hungry. What else do you want to eat? Grandma will pick it up for you."

  Madam Zhou looked at Zhou Zhiheng with a doting look on her face. The extremely hungry Zhou Zhiheng pointed to the braised pork ribs on the table without hesitation, and directly threw Zhou Qingyuan's warning behind his head.

  "Zhiheng has been staying in the border with my wife and me before. He has neglected to teach etiquette and rules. I hope Mr. Shen will forgive him."

  Now is the important moment of issuing an imperial decree to receive the title. Zhou Qingyuan is very cautious in everything and does not allow anyone to discredit him.

  "It doesn't matter."

  Shen Tingsi naturally would not care about a child, not to mention that he was a child who grew up with his parents in the border.

  Zhou Qingyuan was full of apologies, and picked up some dishes for Zhou Zhiyao with the appearance of a loving father.

  Shen Tingsi also picked up the chopsticks. Just when Zhou Qingyuan thought that he could have a peaceful meal next, the innocent Zhou Zhiheng spoke again...