The Misogyny Emperor vs. the Wife of a Powerful Official (32)

Since they wanted to investigate the mystery behind the General's Mansion, they had to sneak into the General's Mansion and check the monthly bills to see where the extra money came from.

  The housekeeper had no doubts and nodded quickly: "Young Madam, please follow me."

  If you want to be the head of the household, you must first understand the monthly expenses of the General's Mansion so that you can better arrange the affairs of the mansion in the future. Therefore, it is reasonable for Jiang Li to check the accounts as soon as she got the power to be the head of the household.

  Jiang Li followed the housekeeper to the accounting office. As soon as she walked to the door, she heard the crackling sound of an abacus.

  Jiang Li raised her eyebrows and stepped onto the steps in front of the accounting office. As soon as she walked to the door of the accounting office, she saw a middle-aged man looking down at the abacus in his hand, not even bothering to raise his head.

  The housekeeper introduced Jiang Li, "Young Madam, this is Mr. Tu, the accountant of the General's Mansion. All the accounts of the General's Mansion, including the accounts of the shops in the city, are managed by Mr. Tu alone."

  Jiang Li nodded slightly and walked into the account office.

  "Mr. Tu, the young madam is here. From now on, the general's mansion will be run by the young madam."

  The housekeeper introduced Jiang Li's identity to Mr. Tu, who was bowing his head to count the accounts.

  Mr. Tu has always been oblivious to the outside world and only focused on the accounts. Every day, apart from eating and sleeping, he deals with the account books. He spends nearly six hours of the twelve hours a day in the account office.

  The housekeeper has no doubt that he may not even know when the general's mansion has a young madam.

  After hearing the housekeeper's introduction, Mr. Tu did not even raise his head, as if he had not heard it. Not to mention bowing to Jiang Li, the young madam, he did not even look at her.

  Seeing this, the housekeeper twitched his lips, fearing that Jiang Li would misunderstand, and hurriedly explained: "Young Madam, don't blame me. Mr. Tu has this temper. He likes to immerse himself in his own world when he is doing accounts and can't hear others talking."

  "It is a blessing for the general's mansion to have such a responsible accountant."

  Jiang Li did not blame Mr. Tu for his rudeness, and walked straight towards him after saying that.

  Before and after coming to Mr. Tu, Jiang Li roughly glanced at the account book in his hand, which was the profit and expenditure of the shop in the south of the city.

  Jiang Li just wanted to see how much profit a shop in the general's mansion could make every month, so he said to Mr. Tu: "Mr. Tu, let me see this account book."

  Mr. Tu ignored it, and while looking at the account book, he was rubbing the abacus, so fast that his fingers had residual images.

  In response to Mr. Tu's repeated rudeness, Jiang Li pursed her lips and pressed her hand on the account book in front of him.

  The crackling sound of the abacus stopped instantly.

  Mr. Tu, who was bowing his head to do the accounts, also raised his head.

  Hiss——

  Qingzhu gasped with eyes wide open, and Jiang Li was also stunned.

  "Madam, are you okay? Blame me, I didn't remind you in advance!"

  Seeing this, the housekeeper hurried to Jiang Li to apologize to her, looking at her with a worried face.

  Jiang Li quickly calmed down and shook her head: "It's okay."

  After she said that, she looked at Mr. Tu in front of her and met his black and blue eyes.

  Mr. Tu is a man with heterochromatic eyes. When he was first brought to the general's mansion by Zhou Qingyuan, he scared the people in the mansion. Whenever you look at him, it's like being stared at by a poisonous snake, making people's hair stand on end and their backs cold.

  At first, people in the general's mansion didn't dare to approach Mr. Tu. Whenever they saw him, they walked around. It took more than half a month to adapt to him and look at him without changing their expressions. 

  Mr. Tu never cared about other people's opinions. Since he came to the general's mansion, he has been alone and never talked to people much. At first, everyone thought he was a mute.

  Jiang Li was also shocked when she first met his heterochromatic eyes, but she quickly calmed down.

  "Mr. Tu, stop for a moment and let me see the account book in your hand."   

  Jiang Li repeated what she had just said, and looked at Mr. Tu calmly.

  The two of them pressed their hands on the account book together, neither of them gave in, and the atmosphere instantly became tense.

  The housekeeper hurried forward to act as a peacemaker: "Mr. Tu, this is the young lady, and the power of the general's mansion will be handed over to the young lady in the future."

  "It's the general's order."

  At the end, the housekeeper added that Mr. Tu only listened to the general's words, and everyone in the general's mansion knew about this.

  Sure enough, after hearing that it was Zhou Qingyuan's order, Mr. Tu instantly let go of his hand.

  Jiang Li looked at him deeply, picked up the account book and flipped through a few pages. When she saw the monthly profit and loss of the shop in the south of the city recorded in the account book, her eyes flickered.

  She knew the shops in the general's mansion, but she didn't expect that the shop in the south of the city would make so much profit every month.

  It's just a small ready-made clothing shop, where does it come from so much profit?

  Jiang Li was puzzled but didn't ask directly. She flipped through a few pages casually and then put the account book back in front of Mr. Tu.

  "Excuse me, sir."

  Mr. Tu said nothing and started to calculate the accounts in the account book again.

  The housekeeper shook his head helplessly. Mr. Tu was still the same. He never talked to people in the mansion easily except when the general asked him to speak.

  "Young Madam, please come this way."

  Fearing that Jiang Li and Mr. Tu would have misunderstandings, the housekeeper made a gesture of invitation to her.

  Jiang Li did not stay in front of Mr. Tu and went to other places in the account office with the housekeeper.

  The housekeeper introduced the situation of the account office to Jiang Li. He originally wanted to take her to the shops in the general's mansion to have a look, but Jiang Li found a reason to refuse.

  She would go to these shops in person, but not as the general's wife.

  Although she is now the mistress of the general's mansion, the people in the general's mansion are not of the same mind as her. Even if she goes there now, those people will just use the old tricks to get rid of her and will not hear the truth.

  Jiang Li had something to do, so the housekeeper naturally wouldn't force her to go to those shops. After sending the housekeeper away, Jiang Li and Qingzhu returned to Nanyuan.

  Qingzhu was absent-minded all the way, and walked lightly, as if in a dream. She didn't even know how she got back to Nanyuan.

  After returning to Nanyuan, Jiang Li took out two sets of men's clothes from the cupboard and opened her arms: "Qingzhu, change clothes."

  Ancient clothes were complicated. Jiang Li tried to change them herself, but each time she wasted a lot of time, either lacking this or that, so she simply asked Qingzhu to help her change clothes.

  Qingzhu shuddered all over and finally came back to her senses. At this time, she also accepted the fact that Jiang Li had transformed into the mistress of the general's mansion. 

  No matter what kind of wind he was, the lady is now the mistress of the general's mansion!

  Qingzhu walked forward with a puzzled look on her face: "Where are you going, young lady?"

  "You'll know later."

  The two quickly changed their clothes and quietly walked towards the abandoned back door.

  As soon as they left, Shen Tingsi and Feng Jue appeared from the darkness.

  "Master, where are they going?"