The Misogyny Emperor vs. the Wife of a Powerful Official (15)

The guard saw his master in close contact with the woman, but the master did not feel any discomfort.

  Could it be that the master's strange disease has been cured? ?

  Thinking of this, the guard instantly became excited.

  The master always used incognito tours to avoid the nagging of the Queen Mother and the ministers. The last time he went out incognito tours was a month ago. The reason why the master came out again in such a short time this time was all to avoid the Queen Mother and the ministers in the court.

  The Queen Mother and the ministers in the court always nagged the master about the same thing, that is, the issue of the royal heir.

  Because the master has a strange disease, he has been unable to have contact with women. Until now, the huge harem is still empty. For this reason, the ministers are very worried, and they have to mention the selection of beauties to fill the harem every once in a while.

  Every time the master is upset by being talked about, he will go out of the palace for an incognito tour. As the saying goes, out of sight, out of mind.

  The ministers and the Queen Mother also knew that the master was doing this to avoid, fearing that the master would stay outside the palace and not return. Therefore, every time the master went out incognito, the ministers would hold back for a while before mentioning the matter of filling the harem.

  In the past, the ministers could at least hold back for two or three months before mentioning this matter, but this time, only a month had passed since the master went back last time, and the ministers could not hold back.

  In the court, with snot and tears, he begged the master to solve the problem of the royal heir as soon as possible to stop the crazy talk of other countries. The master was forced to leave the palace again.

  Other countries were really crazy. They actually said that the reason why the master did not take a concubine was because he had a preference for Longyang!

  It was simply outrageous! !

  Who said that the master could not have contact with women?

  He had just seen that the master had physical contact with the woman but did not feel any discomfort!

  After the guard asked this, Shen Tingsi suddenly flashed the gorgeous face of Jiang Li in his mind, and the big hand that had just grabbed Jiang Li's arm instantly became hot.

  Shen Tingsi's big hands behind his back tightened slightly, as if Jiang Li's body temperature was still lingering on them.

  "Does the master feel any discomfort?"

  The guard was also worried about his master, and cautiously tried to speak.

  Shen Tingsi shook his head slightly: "Maybe the situation was urgent at the time, so I didn't."

  The guard was excited when he heard it: "Great! It seems that the master's illness has shown a trend of improvement!"

  Shen Tingsi didn't say anything, he himself didn't know what was going on just now.

  But it is true that he didn't feel any discomfort, and it is also true that he didn't feel annoyed with the woman.

  He just thought it was an emergency at the time, and it was a subconscious reaction.

  Shen Tingsi didn't think deeply, and just when the guard wanted to say something else, he turned around and went to the desk while standing in front of the window.

  The guard knew that the master didn't want to mention it again, so he shut his mouth obediently and swallowed the words that were about to come out of his mouth.

  He followed Shen Tingsi to the desk, and after Shen Tingsi sat down in front of the desk, he asked again: "Master, should I tell General Zhou the real purpose of coming to Jiangnan this time?"

  Shen Tingsi came to Jiangnan not simply to understand the people's sentiments, but more importantly to personally investigate several murders that occurred in Jiangnan.

  Jiangnan has many talents, and many talented people have emerged. In the end, they successfully passed the imperial examination and went to Kyoto, and were finally granted official positions.

  But in the end, they all died in an untimely manner.

  Some died in casinos, and some died in brothels.

  As soon as this happened, the people of Jiangnan were panicked, and Shen Tingsi specially sent an official from the court to investigate the matter thoroughly, but the final result was that they all died in an untimely manner.

  In the end, these murders had to be left unresolved.

  Some people even rumored that Jiangnan was cursed by someone with a will, so murders occurred one after another, and a man of destiny was needed to stay in Jiangnan to suppress it in order to resolve the current dilemma.

  Others analyzed that accidents happened to those people after they took the position of prefect of Jiangnan, saying that the position of prefect was cursed and anyone who sat on it would not have a good ending.   

  In short, the more the story spread, the more bizarre it became. There were all kinds of rumors.

  Although it was just a rumor, the more times the same thing happened, the more it would inevitably cast a shadow in people's hearts. Over time, no one dared to take the position of Jiangnan prefect, so that the position of Jiangnan prefect had been vacant for the past year.

  Shen Tingsi did not believe in any curses. He sent three imperial envoys to investigate the case, but in the end, there was no result.

  This time he came to Jiangnan to investigate in secret under the pretext of understanding the people's sentiments.

  "No need."

  Only Shen Tingsi and his personal guard knew the real purpose of coming to Jiangnan this time. Even if he stayed in the general's mansion temporarily, he did not intend to tell Zhou Qingyuan about this.

  "Yes."

  The guard nodded in response.

  Shen Tingsi sat in front of the desk and read a book for a while, but his mind could not calm down. He was not sleepy at the moment. After putting down the book, he stood up and walked out the door.

  Seeing this, the guard hurriedly followed.

  Since he wanted to understand the people's sentiments, he naturally had to walk around the streets more.

  As soon as Shen Tingsi left Zhuyuan General's Mansion, the servant reported his whereabouts to Zhou Qingyuan.

  "Got it, go down first."

  "Yes."

  Zhou Qingyuan waved his hand, and the servant turned around and retreated after receiving the order. Just when he reached the door, Zhou Qingyuan stopped him again.

  "Wait, where are the madam and the two children now?"

  "To reply to the general, I just saw the madam taking the young master and the young lady to the back garden."

  "Yes, leave."

  After the servant left, Zhou Qingyuan pursed his lips and stood up from the desk, and walked towards the back garden with a gloomy face.

  Shen Tingsi is now in the general's mansion. Whether it is doing things or speaking, he must be extra cautious. The twists and turns at the dinner table just now almost scared Zhou Qingyuan to have a heart attack.

  Now while Shen Tingsi is out, Zhou Qingyuan must give Madam Zhou and others a face-to-face warning before he can rest assured.

  After leaving the general's mansion, Shen Tingsi came to the streets of Jiangnan. The streets were bustling with people coming and going, and all kinds of shouting and hawking were mixed together. Even talking to people around him had to raise his voice, otherwise he couldn't hear, or he couldn't hear at all.

  "Sir, this street is so lively!"

  Feng Jue, who came to Jiangnan for the first time, sighed as he stretched out his hands to protect Shen Tingsi. 

  Feng Jue had been guarding Shen Tingsi when he was still a prince. At that time, the two were only teenagers. In name, they were master and servant, but in fact, their relationship was more like friends, like playmates.

  Feng Jue has been talkative since he was a child, which is exactly the opposite of Shen Tingsi's temperament. After so many years, Shen Tingsi has long been accustomed to his noise. If Feng Jue is no longer around one day, Shen Tingsi may not be able to adapt for a while. 

  There are too many people on the street. In order to avoid someone bumping into Shen Tingsi, Feng Jue opened his arms to block him. This action attracted the attention of the people.

  Shen Tingsi is graceful, and his gentle temperament makes people feel extremely comfortable.

  After noticing the gazes of the people, Shen Tingsi whispered: "Feng Jue, there is no need to protect me."