Retired Soldier vs. Delicate Educated Youth (03)

"Okay, then Chaoli, you go and take Comrade Xiao Jiang back."

  Uncle Zhang stopped the ox cart at the entrance of the village. Lu Chaoli easily picked up the bag on the cart and then stretched out his arm in front of Jiang Li.

  "Comrade Xiao Jiang, go slowly. You have blisters on your feet. Let it go."

  Jiang Li raised her hand and placed it on Lu Chaoli's arm, carefully stepping on the ground.

  "Sorry to bother you, Comrade Xiao Lu."

  "It's my pleasure! The Educated Youth Institute is just ahead. I'll help you over!"

  Lu Chaoli carried Jiang Li's bag in one hand and supported her with the other hand, slowing down his pace and heading towards the Educated Youth Institute.

  Uncle Zhang looked at the two of them leaving and smiled: "It's great to be young!"

  He sighed to himself, then drove the ox cart to continue to the village, humming a little tune, obviously in a good mood.

  "Hiss--"

  Jiang Li suddenly cried out in pain, feeling as if a blister on her foot had burst.

  Lu Chaoli stopped immediately: "Comrade Xiao Jiang, what's wrong with you?"

  Jiang Li's face turned pale, and she shook her head: "No, nothing."

  Lu Chaoli pursed his lips: "You have an injury on your foot, and there is still a long way to go to the Youth Institute. Let me carry you."

  After he finished speaking, he came to Jiang Li and bent down.

  "No, no, Comrade Xiao Lu, I can walk."

  Lu Chaoli looked back at her: "Comrade Xiao Jiang, don't be so stubborn, come up quickly."

  Finally, at Lu Chaoli's insistence, Jiang Li lay on his broad back, and the moment her feet left the ground, the pain in her feet eased a little.

  Lu Chaoli carried Jiang Li on his back and walked briskly towards the Youth Institute. The two talked and laughed all the way, and soon they arrived near the Youth Institute.

  "The Youth Institute is in front, and the previous batch of educated youth also lived here. The villagers are very enthusiastic. If Comrade Xiao Jiang has anything that he is not used to, just speak up."

  Jiang Li nodded, and when he was about to reach the door of the Youth Institute, Lu Chaoli stopped and gently put her on the ground.

  "Comrade Xiao Lu, give me the bag. Thank you for sending me back. I'll treat you to a meal if I have time later!"

  "We are all neighbors, and this is what we should do. Comrade Xiao Jiang, please don't be polite to me. You can ask me for help in any matter in the future!"

  Lu Chaoli's mouth corners slightly raised, and his whole body exuded a tough and handsome look. His neat crew cut made him look unruly. Coupled with his pair of peach blossom eyes that looked affectionate to dogs, this handsome look simply grew into Jiang Li's heart.

  Jiang Li smiled lightly: "Okay, I remember."

  "Comrade Xiao Jiang, go in quickly. It's very hot outside. Don't forget to pick the blisters on your feet when you go back!"

  The dazzling sun shone on the two through the dense leaves. Fearing that Jiang Li would get heatstroke, Lu Chaoli urged her to go in quickly.

  "Then I'll go in first. Goodbye, Comrade Xiao Lu."

  Jiang Li carried the bag in both hands and turned to walk towards the educated youth institute.

  "Comrade Xiao Jiang."

  Looking at Jiang Li's back as she left, Lu Chaoli suddenly called her. Jiang Li paused and turned to look at him in confusion.

  Lu Chaoli was tall and straight, with broad shoulders and a narrow waist. He exuded a strong aura from head to toe. The muscles hidden under his vest were faintly visible. He was obviously a martial artist.

  At this moment, he was looking at Jiang Li with a smile and said, "Lu Chaoli, my name is, if Comrade Xiao Jiang has anything to ask me, just mention my name and the villagers will help you find the way."

  Lu Chaoli was afraid that Jiang Li had not remembered his name, so he emphasized it to her again.

  Jiang Li smiled and replied, "I've got it, Comrade Lu Chaoli."   

  Her smile was as bright as spring flowers, which made Lu Chaoli a little absent-minded. Jiang Li didn't say anything more to him and turned to walk towards the Youth Educator Center.

  When Lu Chaoli came to his senses, Jiang Li's figure had disappeared in front of him. He scratched his head, and his ears were filled with the crisp voice of Jiang Li calling his name just now.

  Lu Chaoli felt that his name was so nice for the first time.

  He glanced at the Youth Educator Center, then turned around with his hands in his pockets, and walked away briskly along the way he had just walked.

  After Jiang Li arrived at the Youth Educator Center, a girl about her age was bending over to wash her hair in the yard. She was stunned when she saw Jiang Li's figure between her legs.

  "You, you, you are Comrade Xiao Jiang!"

  Jiang Li nodded, stopped in the yard and talked to the female comrade: "Who are you?"

  The little girl who was washing her hair wiped the water off her hair, then stood up and turned to look at Jiang Li: "Hello, my name is Xu Yuanyuan!"

  Jiang Li had a good first impression of the big-eyed girl in front of her. She looked at the hand that Xu Yuanyuan stretched out, and then stepped forward to shake hands with Xu Yuanyuan.

  "Hello, Jiang Li."

  "Jiang Li, what a nice name!"

  Xu Yuanyuan smiled and showed her big white teeth: "Comrade Xiao Jiang is so beautiful. This is the first time I have seen such a beautiful person since I grew up!"

  Xu Yuanyuan has a carefree personality and always says whatever she wants. Seeing that Jiang Li is beautiful, she directly praised her.

  "Thank you, you are also very beautiful."

  Jiang Li smiled. Xu Yuanyuan's carefree personality is very much to her taste.

  I thought I had to be self-reliant in the educated youth institute, but I didn't expect to meet a friend with a compatible personality so soon. Jiang Li gradually looked forward to the future.

  Seeing Jiang Li standing in the yard with her carrying a bag, Xu Yuanyuan slapped her forehead and said, "Look at my memory. I was busy talking to Comrade Xiao Jiang. Comrade Xiao Jiang must be exhausted on the way. Come on, go back to the house first!"

  Xu Yuanyuan tied her wet hair with a rubber band, then took the bag from Jiang Li and walked towards one of the rooms with her.

  "There are not many rooms in the Youth Educated House. The village chief said that we should live in one room first. The two youth educated next door have already become a couple. Comrade Xiao Jiang will live in this room with me in the future!" 

  Xu Yuanyuan explained while putting Jiang Li's bag in the cabinet she had vacated long ago.

  Jiang Li looked at the room in front of her. Although the room was not big, it was cleaned up and it was quite comfortable to live here. However, there was only one bed in the room, so I was afraid that the two of them would have to sleep together.

  Jiang Li was only glad that she and Xu Yuanyuan had a good personality. Otherwise, if she slept in the same bed with someone with a different personality every night, Jiang Li couldn't imagine what kind of disaster it would be.

  "Comrade Xiao Jiang, did something happen at home? Why didn't you come to the train station that day? We waited for a long time at the train station, but we didn't see you until the train was about to leave."

  Xu Yuanyuan was packing up the things in the cabinet and didn't forget to care about Jiang Li.

  "I had a stomachache the night before yesterday and couldn't catch the train. I made you worry."

  Jiang Li explained the situation that day, then sat on the bed and took off her shoes and socks. When she saw the blisters on the soles of her feet, she immediately put on a mask of pain.

  "It's okay, it's good that you're here. Comrade Xiao Jiang just came and probably doesn't know how enthusiastic the villagers are. When we arrived yesterday, the village chief came in person and was concerned about you when he saw that you didn't come!"

  Xu Yuanyuan asked Jiang Li to relax, and the village chief didn't blame her for being a day late.

  "When I came here just now, I took a ride with the villagers. They were really enthusiastic."

  Jiang Li had seen the enthusiasm of Zhang Bo and Lu Chaoli, and she thought that other villagers were the same as them.

  Jiang Li gritted her teeth and touched the blisters on the soles of her feet, and instantly took a breath of cold air.

  Xu Yuanyuan, who was packing clothes, put down her clothes and walked towards Jiang Li.

  "Comrade Jiang, what's wrong with you?"

  (End of this chapter)