Rock Bottom

"We're supposed to be at a rock concert, but all I see is rock!" Miko complained. She, Jack, and Elsa were waiting for Arcee and Bulkhead at an old Energon mine. "Relax, Miko, the show doesn't start for two hours." Jack said.

"Do either of you know how long I've been waiting to see slash monkey?" Miko asked. "58 years?" Elsa playfully guessed. "Forever! And it's their only U.S. date!" Miko corrected a bit harshly. "Well, there's a shock. I mean, who doesn't love Bulgarian shriek metal?" Jack asked

They heard loud footsteps, which indicated Bulkhead and Arcee were coming out. "By all appearances, the mine's been stripped." Arcee said. "But, I'm getting a signal. It's faint. But, it's definitely Energon." Bulkhead said. "Whoa." Miko whispered.

"Doesn't make sense. This operation has been abandoned four, maybe five years. And Decepticons never leave Energon behind." Arcee said. "Uh, Bulkhead, Arcee?" Elsa said. They turned to her, and she pointed at the stripped Energon mine. "Cool!" Miko shouted as she ran further into the Energon mine.

"She went in. Unbelievable." Arcee said. "Really? Have you met her?" Jack asked. "Oh, Miko, get back here!" Bulkhead said and ran into the mine. "Could we see it if it was -" Elsa started. "Safe? Kid, a stripped mune can be structurally unstable." Arcee said. "We promise to step lightly." Jack said.

"Just don't tell your mom." Arcee said finally. The 3 of them journeyed deep into the Energon mine.

Above that mine, Lord Megatron and the so-called Commander Starscream transformed and landed at the entrance. "Lord Megatron, far be it from me to question your intentions, but I do not understand why we've returned here after all this time, alone?" Starscream asked. Megatron strutted towards the cave entrance.

"Every last trace of Energon was extracted from this mine. There's nothing left." Starscream continued. "Indulge me, Starscream. Won't you?" Megatron asked. Starscream nervously followed.

"Miko?" Bulkhead called. He was much deeper into the mine. "Mi -" Suddenly, Miko appeared from behind a rock. "Check it out! Now, this would make an awesome rehearsal space!" She said excitedly.

"HELLO! HELLO CLEVELAND! ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?!" She screamed, her voice echoing off the mine walls. She cheered. "Arcee, found something." Bulkhead said into his comms.

"Bulkhead? Bulkhead, do you read?" Arcee asked, but only heard static. The mine was cutting off signal. "Scrap. The mineral composition down here is causing interference." She said. "Is that a bad thing?" Elsa asked. "At times, yes." Arcee said.

"Okay, maybe the acoustics aren't perfect." Miko said. "Well, we're here. Ratchet is gonna want a sample." Said Bulkhead.

The tracker acted like Egon Spengler's detector from Ghostbusters. Bulkhead replaced his servo with his mace and bashed at the rock.

At another part of the Energon mine, Megatron and Starscream found abandoned Energon drills. "How intriguing." The warlord said. "Incompetent fools! This mining equipment should have been relocated. Why is it still here?!" Starscream said while putting on fake anger.

"The most valid question." Megatron said from behind. "My apologies, Master. I believe Soundwave was in charge of coordinating transport." Starscream said. Megatron growled. "But, in fairness, during your interstellar travels, we all had to assume additional responsibilities. Clearly, mistakes were made." Starscream said.

"Yes. Clearly." Megatron said darkly before punching a hole straight into the wall next to him. Starscream gasped as Megatron pulled out a large crystal of fresh Energon. "Every last trace of Energon extracted?" He asked with sarcasm.

"Lord Megatron, I can explain." Starscream said. "Explain what? That you've been hoarding a supply of Energon for your personal use?" Megatron asked and dropped the crystal. "No! Not exactly. You see -" Starscream was cut off when Megatron furiously stomped on the Energon, crushing it.