One Shall Rise Part 3

The heroes walked through what appeared to be a vein, and then Elsa yelped. She saw cracks spread across the ground, Unicron, and Earth exploding. "He's getting stronger." She said, her eyes now purple again. "She's right." Megatron said after having the same vision. "How do we know Unicron isn't using Megatron to lead us all into a trap?" Arcee asked. "We do not." Optimus said.

Behind them, a large bat-like creature emerged from the ceiling.

Thunder and lightning storms strike outside Autobot base. "More than 60 volcanoes are erupting worldwide, and downtown Honolulu is under 6 inches of snow. Scientists continue to devise theories connecting these unprecedented natural disasters with the planetary alignment, which -" The monitor lost signal and was replaced with the same color lines a TV has and the annoying beeping sound.

"So, who wants to play a game?" June asked. "That tears it!" Agent Fowler snapped. "Where are you going?" June asked. "I can't just sit on my hands while the world spins out of control." Agent Fowler said. "And what exactly is it that you plan to do?" Ratchet questioned. "Anything! Hook up with my boys at the Pentagon, find a way to bury that monster for good." Agent Fowler talked about Unicron.

"In the event Optimus can't?" Ratchet asked. "Don't you mean Optimus and Megatron?" Agent Fowler corrected. "No one here is thrilled about this arrangement, Agent Fowler, myself included. Especially since Elsa was influenced by Unicron to follow them. But with Optimus and Megatron together again -" Ratchet started. "Whoa, wait, again?" Jack asked. "Megatron was an Autobot?" Raf asked.

"Optimus was a 'Con?" Anna asked. "No on either count, but there was a time back on Cybertron in the twilight hours of the Golden Age when Optimus and Megatron were not sworn enemies." Ratchet began to tell the story.

"Do you recall when I mentioned that Optimus wasn't always a Prime? Well, he wasn't always Optimus either. He was once a clerk in the Iacon Hall of Records named Orion Pax. But as he learned more about Cybertron's past, he grew increasingly concerned about present corruption in high places and inequality among the masses. Orion became inspired by the words and ideas of a gladiator. One who had named himself after one of the 13 Original Primes, Megatronus. Megatronus vowed to challenge Cybertron's leadership and demand that all Cybertronians be treated as equals. This gladiator turned revolutionary rapidly gathered a loyal following, Soundwave chief among them." He said.

"How did Orion meet Megatronus?" Anna asked. "Orion came to him after observing one of Megatronus' fiercest gladiator battles and began corresponding with Megatronus, who came to be something of a mentor to him. As Megatronus left the gladiatorial arena for the political, he saw fit to shorten his name. Before long, Megatron appeared before the high council to propose his vision for a just society, and it was that he began to reveal his true colors. Proclaiming the need to overthrow the old guard with force and arrogantly demanding to be named the next Prime. But Orion did not believe in violence as a means of achieving justice. The Sparks and minds of the council were moved by Orion's words. 'Here for the first time since Cybertron's Golden Age stood someone worthy of being a Prime.' But that honor could only truly be achieved by earning the legendary Matrix of Leadership. His ambitions thwarted Megatron spitefully severed all ties with Orion and the council, and came to wage war on all who opposed him through his growing army of followers, which he named Decepticons. He vowed to claim the Matrix for himself wherever it might lie. In time, warfare consumed Cybertron. Poisoning the planet to its core. Orion journeyed there, hoping to reverse the ill effects, and found himself before the very Spark of our life-giver Primus himself. The ailing Primus sensed the unique nobility within Orion and bestowed the Matrix upon him. It was thus that a surprised and humbled Orion Pax came to be Optimus. The last of the Primes." Ratchet told.