Part 84

.

.

At that time, Wei WuXian didn't know what Jiang Cheng was mad about at all. After a pause, he replied, "I didn't steal anything. It's Uncle Jiang who told me to sleep with you."

Hearing that he was still bringing up his father, almost as if he was purposely showing off, Jiang Cheng's eyes reddened as he yelled, "Go away! If I see you again, I'll call a bunch of dogs to bite you!"

"Uncle", Jin Ling called out in frustration, " you are being mean to him"

"I know", Jiang Cheng admitted without further delay.

Standing outside, as Wei WuXian heard that dogs would come bite him, fear immediately bubbled within him. Twisting his fingers, he hurried, "I'll go, I'll go. Don't call the dogs!"

" My A-Xian", If she was alive YanLi wouldn't have wasted another second to hug her brother and wipe away that fear from his eyes.

Wei Wuxian didn't need a booster to be reminded of these days. It was engraved in his mind forever. As the child in him shrunk at the mention of the dogs, Lan WangJi tightened his grip around him.

Dragging behind him the sheets and blanket that were thrown outside, he ran out the hall. Having only arrived at Lotus Pier for a short period of time, he didn't dare jump around yet. Every day, he obediently holed up in the places that Jiang FengMian told him to stay at. He didn't even know where his room was, much less have the courage to knock on other people's doors, scared that it'd disturb someone's dreams.

"He looks very pitiful", HuiSang said looking at the little Wei Ying.

As It was the very first time he had someone apart from his dear puppies to play with, Jiang Cheng remembered the exact moment his father introduced Wei Ying to him and the petite figure with a perfect smile irrespective of the circumstances he was in. Needless to say, Jiang Cheng was very happy to have a brother whom he can play with. But He also remembered the moment when his father started to show the new kid an excessive amount of love and appreciation which was foreign to the little Jiang Cheng. His mother's words were watering the ego planted by his father in Jiang Cheng's mind.

Having thought for a while, he walked to a corner of the hallway where there was no wind, laid down his sheets, and lay down right there. But the longer he spent there, the louder Jiang Cheng's 'I'll call a bunch of dogs to bite you' echoed in his head. Wei WuXian grew more afraid the more he thought about it. He tossed and turned under the blanket, feeling that a bunch of dogs surrounded him whenever he heard a single sound. After a while of torment, he felt that he couldn't stay there any longer. Leaping up, he rolled up the sheets, folded the blanket, and fled Lotus Pier.

"Where is he going? ",Lan QiRen whispered to himself, curious to know how this little kid is going to handle the situation. The Wei WuXian they knew had a quick mind and sharp thoughts but this kid seemed too fragile and if they already didn't know it was Wei WuXian, it was definitely very difficult to guess the person right.

"He might be looking for a place to spend the night", HuiSang answered Lan QiRen, more like whispering to himself.

Huffing and puffing, he ran for quite some time alongside the night wind. When he saw a tree, he climbed up without a second thought. He climbed with all four limbs clinging to the trunk, and only calmed down a bit after he felt that he was high enough up there.

"Is that the same tree senior Wei showed to Han Guang-Jun?", Lan JingYi asked looking at the tree in dark

"Mm", Wei WuXian just hummed watching the scene. This scene was one of his favourite childhood memories and worst nightmare at the same time.